3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat 10/5 - Sun 10/6/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288302-ip-weekend-chat-sat-10-5-sun-10-6-2013-a.html)

dak1lls 10-05-2013 09:26 PM

MelissaKate: I use the soy sauce, ginger broth, and garlic broth which are all separate items at most of the mongolian grill restaurants. We recently went to a Genghis Grill while in Scottsdale, and I just don't recall which sauces they had. When at home I use low sodium soy sauce, but most of the grills don't have that option. I am always leery of using the ginger or garlic if they are an oil. They are usually clearly marked though. Some of the places have a list of the ingredients in their sauces. There are times I have just had soy sauce, due to no other good options.

Not 2 old 4 skinny: DH and I also just went to a movie; The Family. DH ate a bucket of extra butter popcorn. I didn't have anything with me, so I just sipped my water. I really wanted that popcorn, but was happy I didn't indulge. When we got home I made a yummy dinner.

You might want to try sauteed cabbage, if you haven't yet. I cut mine in long shreds and saute it with some grapeseed oil. I sprinkle in some red pepper flakes and it gives it just a little bite. Very good as a warm lunch, but also as a side dish with your protein for dinner. I have even made a pulled pork recipe my SIL found on Pinterest and piled the sauteed cabbage on top, drizzled with a little warmed up WF BBQ sauce. It was so good!

Not 2 old 4 skinny 10-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4855851)
MelissaKate: I use the soy sauce, ginger broth, and garlic broth which are all separate items at most of the mongolian grill restaurants. We recently went to a Genghis Grill while in Scottsdale, and I just don't recall which sauces they had. When at home I use low sodium soy sauce, but most of the grills don't have that option. I am always leery of using the ginger or garlic if they are an oil. They are usually clearly marked though. Some of the places have a list of the ingredients in their sauces. There are times I have just had soy sauce, due to no other good options.

Not 2 old 4 skinny: DH and I also just went to a movie; The Family. DH ate a bucket of extra butter popcorn. I didn't have anything with me, so I just sipped my water. I really wanted that popcorn, but was happy I didn't indulge. When we got home I made a yummy dinner.

You might want to try sauteed cabbage, if you haven't yet. I cut mine in long shreds and saute it with some grapeseed oil. I sprinkle in some red pepper flakes and it gives it just a little bite. Very good as a warm lunch, but also as a side dish with your protein for dinner. I have even made a pulled pork recipe my SIL found on Pinterest and piled the sauteed cabbage on top, drizzled with a little warmed up WF BBQ sauce. It was so good!

It does feel so good when I do the right the thing. Went out to dinner tonight, no chips, no bread...felt ok with that. Had shrimp cocktail with lemon while my DH ate the other, no cocktail sauce, did miss that. Then grilled fish, broccoli and cauli and a whole 32 oz bottle of Pelligrino with a lime! Thanks for info about cabbage sauté.

Not 2 old 4 skinny 10-05-2013 10:00 PM

Dak1 Love seeing your weight tracker :woohoo:

Jbhigdon 10-06-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarington45 (Post 4855713)
Please post what you think of them :) I hope you like them

Tried two of the Syntrax Nectar drink mixes yesterday....

Wild Grape is YUMMY!!!!!! Not too sweet... I mixed the sample pack in almost full 16 oz bottle of water and put in the freezer for about an hour so it was very cold..it was a treat!!!!

Lemon tea was not as tasty but not bad... I didn't chill in the freezer tho so I'm going to try my other sample pack today and will let you know if that makes a difference. I always chilled drinks when I used IP, seemed to mask the protein taste.

Snacked on the Kay's Natural cookie Bites - honey flavored - almond filled: that was the description. Not sure why? They were more like a puff (kind of. Texture of Cheetos puff) and slightly sweet. They were very tasty, but not what the name makes you expect. I will order more!

I think I'm trying the cappuccino this morning! Will update as I try something different!!

One thing I forgot to mention ... Nashua ships fast. I received mine in 3 days.

SweetScrumptious 10-06-2013 06:34 AM

So had an AMAZING find at the local farmer's market yesterday :D There was a new booth here this weekend and it's a company that does flavor infused EVOO and Balsamic (which cannot have but still!). There was many many flavors and I ended up buying the Garlic infused EVOO and the Lemon infused EVOO. I'm thinking next week, I'm going to get the Mushroom & Sage EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Blood Orange EVOO! And there's still plenty more choices on top of that. I was talking to one of the associates and they signed a 11 month lease with the market so they will be there for awhile.

Now I need some ideas on how to cook with this stuff! Any good salad dressings or other ideas I can use flavored EVOO for? I've seen some people talk about it before but can't remember the specifics :lol:

dak1lls 10-06-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious (Post 4856026)
So had an AMAZING find at the local farmer's market yesterday :D There was a new booth here this weekend and it's a company that does flavor infused EVOO and Balsamic (which cannot have but still!). There was many many flavors and I ended up buying the Garlic infused EVOO and the Lemon infused EVOO. I'm thinking next week, I'm going to get the Mushroom & Sage EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Blood Orange EVOO! And there's still plenty more choices on top of that. I was talking to one of the associates and they signed a 11 month lease with the market so they will be there for awhile.

Now I need some ideas on how to cook with this stuff! Any good salad dressings or other ideas I can use flavored EVOO for? I've seen some people talk about it before but can't remember the specifics :lol:

Sounds like it would be a good base for sauteing veggies. I make cauliflower rice for so many dishes and use a little oil in the pan when I do. These would be a great way to add flavor. What kind of shelf life do they have? Maybe you could toss your broccoli or cauliflower in it before roasting? That would be yummy. It would be great in a marinade for meat or seafood! Oh,now I want some! Ha ha.

sonolady 10-06-2013 08:45 AM

Question, is myfitnesspal the best place to figure out nutritional, (fat, cal, carb,) content of foods? Planning my move forward.

65X65 10-06-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonolady (Post 4856071)
Question, is myfitnesspal the best place to figure out nutritional, (fat, cal, carb,) content of foods? Planning my move forward.

OOOH..MOVING FORWARD!! So glad for you!

Have also started to explore that app...and just how it will work. I'll need to pay attention to what you report! I know manybegan using it in P1...probably a good idea, and I wish I'd have doe it since part of getting the benefit from using something like that is compliance...and habit! (Kinda like exercise)

Congrats...and keep sharing what you're learning!!

berteau 10-06-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4856103)
OOOH..MOVING FORWARD!! So glad for you!]

I've been using LiveStrong/MyFinessPal for about the past year to track what I've been eating.

Both are really great tools for me because it give me 1 place to track food and exercise. MFP has all the IP calories already loaded, so my coach wanted us to use that format. It is also great because I've entered IP recipes that I eat often so that it saves me time entering my food for the day.

You have to check that MFP foods are what you actually ate and if not, create your own entry. Ex: type in "boneless skinless chicken breast" and the results could be fried, sauteed or grilled. Just be specific about what you acually ate and double check it.

sonolady 10-06-2013 10:20 AM

65x65 yes doing the info researching, reading, reading learning.

Others here are great teachers!

lisa32989 10-06-2013 10:25 AM

Jbhigdon
Since you are trying so many different alternatives, how about posing here?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html
It would be a great place for people to find your reviews at a later date
Enjoy the fun!

65X65 10-06-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berteau (Post 4856121)
I've been using LiveStrong/MyFinessPal for about the past year to track what I've been eating.

Both are really great tools for me because it give me 1 place to track food and exercise. MFP has all the IP calories already loaded, so my coach wanted us to use that format. It is also great because I've entered IP recipes that I eat often so that it saves me time entering my food for the day.

You have to check that MFP foods are what you actually ate and if not, create your own entry. Ex: type in "boneless skinless chicken breast" and the results could be fried, sauteed or grilled. Just be specific about what you acually ate and double check it.

Thx..I noticed that about MFP...and found it cumbersome and too time consuming at the time I played with it...

I do like the LiveStrong site a lot..and actually in spite of all the controversy...still support the foundation. Our SIL is a cancer survivor..(Hodgkins at 16)...and rode in one of the LS bike tours last fall. He raised over 5K!!! for cancer research and dedicated his ride to my daughter and their daughters..( I know...sorrrrrry....too much personal stuff...but we love him so much! And are so proud of him. He has been involved with LS and the Ronald McDonald House foundation for a long time.)

lisa32989 10-06-2013 10:50 AM

Personally, MFP works better in the app than it does on the web.
I love it on my ipad. It is so-so on my phone and I avoid it on my laptop

In the app, it is super easy to access frequently used items

I've found searching works best if super-specific
Example: boneless chicken thigh raw
Raw onion
Etc

slownsteady 10-06-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4856149)
I do like the LiveStrong site a lot..and actually in spite of all the controversy...still support the foundation. Our SIL is a cancer survivor..(Hodgkins at 16)...and rode in one of the LS bike tours last fall. He raised over 5K!!! for cancer research and dedicated his ride to my daughter and their daughters..( I know...sorrrrrry....too much personal stuff...but we love him so much! And are so proud of him. He has been involved with LS and the Ronald McDonald House foundation for a long time.)

Why would you ever be sorry for sharing such a special thing as this! I think it's wonderful. THANK YOU for sharing! And you have every right to be proud! Glad he is well. :hug:

65X65 10-06-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4856158)
Why would you ever be sorry for sharing such a special thing as this! I think it's wonderful. THANK YOU for sharing! And you have every right to be proud! :hug:

Thanks...when I think about him I often have to suppress a sob. His mother was out of the picture since he was about 5...and he calls me mom. His dad raised him alone. So blessed to have him in our lives.