3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Q: Does anyone know of an allergen checklist (table) that covers ALL IP foods?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Lost 70 lbs in 5 months
 
Avalon1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 335/272/220

Height: 6'3"

Default Q: Does anyone know of an allergen checklist (table) that covers ALL IP foods?

I did a SEARCH on the Forum and couldn't find that topic. Though perhaps it was listed under another keyword. If someone knows of one, or a thread that covers that issue, please post.

If one doesn't already exist, then I want to make a table similar to this one (below) that I started, except covering all the IP Foods. That way if someone is alergic to Soy, or Milk, or Eggs, or Gluten. They can easily determine which foods are safe to buy.



This information can easily be gleaned off the boxes ... it's in bold right underneath the detailed list of ingredients, but I only buy a few of the foods, so I didn't have very many of the boxes.





If this doesn't exist, if people can post that information for boxes that they do have and I can start compiling a master list which I can then post (distribute) here when I am done. If everyone can contribute their little piece of the food spectrum (of what they buy/eat), and post it here, I might be able to make this nice reference table for all to have.

Last edited by Avalon1957 : 10-04-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,784

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Instead of everyone posting all those pics (can you make them smaller? They're really big and throwing off the columns)
How about compiling what you have & then asking people to fill you in on info you don't have.

I saved the nutritional & ingredient labels from EVERY IP product I've purchased so I could send stats on the ones I have that you don't have.

However, a coach may have all that info already, without re-inventing the wheel. Might want to check first.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing


Last edited by lisa32989 : 10-04-2013 at 10:07 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,311

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

I agree with checking boxes REGULARLY...my coach advises me when things change because she IS a chiro, and recognizes allergies can be life threatening in some cases, and certainly a health threat at the very least.

She sells by the packet...and Godbless her ... looks at every box label as she fills my weekly order. Formulations change and thinking what you bought a month ago still holds can be dangerous, if you have a serious allergy. We are just used to reading labels all the time in our house and grocery shopping is not something that is done quickly or with out vetting and re-vetting anything that comes in a box, or is prepackaged or comes with with product info in any way. Not just for IP.

It's not a bad habit for anyone who is caring to develop ... good way to check for sugar or modified food starch..which is a cheap carb and once in maintenance...who wants all that hidden stuff....??
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,425

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Avalon - having problems with attachments but sent you a PM. I have a really comprehensive pretty current spreadsheet I can send you
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Lost 70 lbs in 5 months
 
Avalon1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 335/272/220

Height: 6'3"

Default

Ruth Ann. Thanks so much!!! I sent you a PM with my email address.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Started IP May 17, 2013
 
Annik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 675

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Default

Avalon ~

I hope that you'll share. I am interested in the information you gather.

Annik
__________________



w1: 11 lbs; w2: 4 lbs; w3: 3.6 lbs; w4: 5 lbs; w5: 5 lbs;w6: 2.4 lbs; w7: 1.4lbs; w8: 6lbs ; w9: 1lb w10: 4.6 lbs w11: 0lbs w12: 5 lbs; w13: 2 lbs w14: 4 lbs ; w15: no w.i.; w16: 11.5 lbs ; w17: 1 lb; w18: 2.5 lbs; w19: 2 lbs; w20: .5; w21: no w.i.; w22: 9 lbs; w23: 3.5 lbs ...

No longer morbidly obese! Total loss now = 108 lbs. With thanks to the Ideal Protein Diet (a form of ketogenic nutrition)!

Low carb life is my liberation!

Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,784

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Since attachments aren't working on 3fc fight now, here is my workaround (when you get your spreadsheet complete)

Put it in googledocs & post a link
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Lost 70 lbs in 5 months
 
Avalon1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 335/272/220

Height: 6'3"

Default

As soon as I get an email from Ruth Ann, I will post the information (giving her full credit of course!).
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
Lost 70 lbs in 5 months
 
Avalon1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 335/272/220

Height: 6'3"

Default

Here is the document that came from Ruth Ann (in 2 formats). She wasn't sure who wrote this originally. I don't think this is complete, but it's a good start! Also if you have allergies, ALWAYS check the box, since formulations could change without notice from IP.

Adobe Acrobat (PDF Format):
https://mindstar.com/scratch/IP_Ingredients.pdf

MS Excel (XLS Format)
https://mindstar.com/scratch/IP_Ingredients.xls

Last edited by Avalon1957 : 10-06-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,311

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Here is the document that came from Ruth Ann (in 2 formats). She wasn't sure who wrote this originally. I don't think this is complete, but it's a good start! Also if you have allergies, ALWAYS check the box, since formulations could change without notice from IP.

Adobe Acrobat (PDF Format):

https://mindstar.com/scratch/IP_Ingredients.pdf


MS Excel (XLS Format)

https://mindstar.com/scratch/IP_Ingredients.xls
Avalon..this is a great chart...and it will be helpful to a lot of people...but there is no column for wheat which is a HUGE allergen. I got something right before I got ill that had gluten/wheat info from my coach and it disappeared...(DH cleaning things up probably?). I will try to get another copy of it...It was dated August 2013.

Last edited by 65X65 : 10-05-2013 at 10:52 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
Lost 70 lbs in 5 months
 
Avalon1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 335/272/220

Height: 6'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Avalon..this is a great chart...and it will be helpful to a lot of people...but there is no column for wheat which is a HUGE allergen. I got something right before I got ill that had gluten/wheat info from my coach and it disappeared...(DH cleaning things up probably?). I will try to get another copy of it...It was dated August 2013.
Hello 65x65, Yes I totally agree! I was going through the table from RuthAnn, trying to reformat it. And came up with this version (image below) -- however it was taking me so long to reformat it, that I thought I would go ahead and post the original table that RuthAnn sent me (linked in my post above).

If I do ever finish my reformatting (shown below), I will post the complete table.



I did add a "Traces" column when IP noted that the food "may also contain x" or "the food was prepared in a facility that also processed y". I suppose IP does that to give a heads up to extremely sensitive people? In any case, I added that traces column so people are alerted to make sure they check the box (a good idea always!).

Certainly it's always best to check the boxes themselves (if you have a food allergy) before you buy and consume, since formulations can change without any notice from IP. But this kind of tabular information is useful as guidance at least.

Last edited by Avalon1957 : 10-05-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
KareVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VT
Posts: 267

S/C/G: 188/163/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi Avalon - it's been a couple of weeks and just saw your stats, NICE JOB!!!!! Congrats congrats, how have you been feeling?? What's the latest and greatest prognosis from your friends clinic?

Thanks to @avalon, @ruthann, @lisa, @65 and anyone else who contributed to this thread. I'm going to read it now; I find this fascinating. THANK YOU!
__________________


Note: Lost 30lbs on Ideal Protein, gained 11lbs. Now on 1st week of MediFast and LOVING IT! It's so much easier and much more variety

No one is a failure who continues to try..
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,311

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Hello 65x65, Yes I totally agree! I was going through the table from RuthAnn, trying to reformat it. And came up with this version (image below) -- however it was taking me so long to reformat it, that I thought I would go ahead and post the original table that RuthAnn sent me (linked in my post above).

If I do ever finish my reformatting (shown below), I will post the complete table.


I did add a "Traces" column when IP noted that the food "may also contain x" or "the food was prepared in a facility that also processed y". I suppose IP does that to give a heads up to extremely sensitive people? In any case, I added that traces column so people are alerted to make sure they check the box (a good idea always!).

Certainly it's always best to check the boxes themselves (if you have a food allergy) before you buy and consume, since formulations can change without any notice from IP. But this kind of tabular information is useful as guidance at least.
You are so right about the traces for the really sensitive ones. Celiacs are like a "canary in the coal mine" with traces...and esp the nut thing too is critical for those who have any type of nut or peanut allergies. We have all of that in our family and it is really hard to plan meals and shop when everyone is together. Steak and simple salad works for just about all of us though...we have to skip bread and the shellfish appetizers! Even berries, pineapple, kiwi and apples are demons to some of our blood kin. I have a nephew being scoped on Tuesday for celiac now... Cleaning the kitchen before they all arrive becomes a week long job where really scarey nuts and shell fish allergies are concerned (!)

Your dedication and progress then sharing your grids and charts is really great. Formatting what you have gathered and designed is awesome and so helpful.
I tried to download your forms but alas...coundn't make it work on my iMAC... but could create it on my own with "Numbers" or easier...I suppose buy and load office works one of these days!


Thanks again! Ill get that allergy info and compare it to what you have from RuthAnn.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Lost 70 lbs in 5 months
 
Avalon1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 283

S/C/G: 335/272/220

Height: 6'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Hi Avalon - it's been a couple of weeks and just saw your stats, NICE JOB!!!!! Congrats congrats, how have you been feeling?
Thank you! I feel fantastic! Still losing a very consistent 0.6 pounds per day or 4.2 pounds per week or about 18 pounds a month. Really happy with those numbers, though I am sure things will slow down as I get thinner. How are things with you?



Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
You are so right about the traces for the really sensitive ones. Celiacs are like a "canary in the coal mine" with traces...and esp the nut thing too is critical for those who have any type of nut or peanut allergies. We have all of that in our family and it is really hard to plan meals and shop when everyone is together. Steak and simple salad works for just about all of us though...we have to skip bread and the shellfish appetizers! Even berries, pineapple, kiwi and apples are demons to some of our blood kin. I have a nephew being scoped on Tuesday for celiac now... Cleaning the kitchen before they all arrive becomes a week long job where really scarey nuts and shell fish allergies are concerned (!) Your dedication and progress then sharing your grids and charts is really great. Formatting what you have gathered and designed is awesome and so helpful. I tried to download your forms but alas...coundn't make it work on my iMAC... but could create it on my own with "Numbers" or easier...I suppose buy and load office works one of these days! Thanks again! Ill get that allergy info and compare it to what you have from RuthAnn.
Gosh that sounds awful. At least you all know about your allergies. I lot of people don't. I only have a reaction to soy, I guess I am lucky.

No problem on the charts and graphs, they are fun for me. Yes PC to MAC is always problematic, good idea to try it with Apple's Numbers program.

Yes, check your info and maybe post what you have. Honestly I think the IP people should be providing this info to us, but they seem a bit "blind" about allergies -- it's practically impossible to dig up this info -- and it should not be that way.

Great job with your weight loss!

Last edited by Avalon1957 : 10-05-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
KareVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VT
Posts: 267

S/C/G: 188/163/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Thank you! I feel fantastic! Still losing a very consistent 0.6 pounds per day or 4.2 pounds per week or about 18 pounds a month. Really happy with those numbers, though I am sure things will slow down as I get thinner. How are things with you?
That's so amazing, so happy for you @Avalon. You must feel like a different person. I know I do. I hit my 20lb mark today and although the last two weeks have been very slow, I'll take what I can get. I think I need to get back on the exercise regimen. Your progress is awesome; you're killing it. Yes!!
__________________


Note: Lost 30lbs on Ideal Protein, gained 11lbs. Now on 1st week of MediFast and LOVING IT! It's so much easier and much more variety

No one is a failure who continues to try..
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2