Old 10-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #31  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!
Haven't done measurements yet though...
And I got the best compliment that was very remarkable to me... I'm teaching a class for an organization, and one of the students is blind (that in itself has been a challenge because I've been unfortunately never really exposed to a person with disabilities that I had to work extremely close with, but I've fully been enjoying the challenge, she is great!) But she told me yesterday that my hair was beautiful because she had felt it when I was. up next to her ear talking with her... it was humbling because I realized she sees beauty in a total different light, and that body image doesn't matter to her... it made me really think about how much it would be different if we couldn't see each other and just got to know each other by personality and kindness...
Just my thought of the day

All I can say is WOW. Very profound
Old 10-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
2 full days on P2. No big changes, just replace a packet with my own protein for lunch. Ate a grilled chicken salad and made my own Caesar dressing for lunch yesterday. Sliced some leftover steak into my salad the day before and used my own Italian dressing. I have been copying and pasting P3 breakfast ideas into a Word doc from the various threads. Getting anxious for those!

I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable.
You're doing so well and i appreciate you keeping us posted on your journey's progress...eventually we all hope to be there!

2 full days on P2. No big changes, just replace a packet with my own protein for lunch. Ate a grilled chicken salad and made my own Caesar dressing for lunch yesterday. Sliced some leftover steak into my salad the day before and used my own Italian dressing. I have been copying and pasting P3 breakfast ideas into a Word doc from the various threads. Getting anxious for those!

I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable.

momat40

Hi, I started IP back in March 2012 & reached goal in September 2012. After reaching goal, I also experienced tail bone pain, to the extent where I couldn't sit on a couch or chair for long. I went to a chiropractor and it helped inmensely. I'm doing a yearly reboot and am starting to feel that lack of cushion again, but am doing the core muscle excercises that lift your muscles up in the backside and my monthly chiro visit/adjustment. HTH with your situation. Congrats on reaching your goal

Too funny about the tail bone cushion being depleted...I too have a pain in the bum...but didn't spend too much time thinking about it with the other stuff I've had to concentrate on...but geesh! It makes sense. And strengthening the core as suggested to help pull that sag UP .... esp is an excellent idea! Thx...

Last edited by 65X65; 10-04-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #33  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
This morning, I am wearing a more business-y Friday outfit because I have to meet a client at Facebook (sorry to throw that out there - I am just a little psyched about visiting Facebook). Recently a friend of mine gave me a bunch of her really nice clothes she can no longer wear due to some weight gain and so I am rocking a new-for-me outfit. As I was walking to my office, a guy was walking towards me. He was handsome and so my natural inclination was to peek, but not really make eye contact. As we passed one another, I glanced over at him and he was looking at me. Maybe I just looked a little crazy , highly likely for me, but .... I don't know. It made me feel good as, being heavy, I always felt invisible, or not worthy of attention. Strange. Anyhow, I was going to post a photo below - but I can't. Guess there is a problem with that. Alas!
Happy Friday!!
Sarita -- Congrats on turning that head! Methinks that was probably not the first, either. What a wonderful feeling! I well remember being "invisible." I never got used to it, and it was a daily downer. Go get 'em, girl! And report back about Facebook!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #34  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Put me down for a sore tailbone, too! After 30 minutes or so, I am squirming. My husband just laughs when I mention this. I keep hoping it will "toughen up" with time. I know I sit differently now -- I still get a kick out of crossing my legs and have been doing that a lot lately. I notice that brings on some back pain by the end of the day. Oh, the ways in which our bodies have changed. I am sure the required muscles will rise to the challenge eventually. Toning is a good idea, too. I love "happy problems."
Old 10-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #35  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Good Morning All!

Just had to share a bit of a NSV and funny moment with DH this morning. I wear suits to work everyday, and have noticed they're getting baggier and baggier. This morning I whined to my DH "Man! I hate that I have to buy new suits!!" His reply "Fine! Then quit the diet and go back to being fat." I blinked and went "Well, okay, but it's just annoying because suits are sooo expensive! But I do have another old suit in the closet, maybe that will fit now." "See? Besides, it's not like you have to buy bigger suits cuz you've gained weight."

Nothing like having someone put it all into perspective for you. It might be expensive or annoying to have to shop for clothes, but really? At least you're not buying bigger clothes, and I think they tend to get a little cheaper as they get smaller. Time to get online and check out some new clothes!
I sent you a private msg. I have a suit that no longer fits me and we are about the same height. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Today was the first time I let my DH see the scale with me on it. I have never let him see it with me on it. His jaw dropped
Old 10-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #37  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to all on your NSVs! So uplifting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
happy Friday yall!! I finallyyyy hit the 60lb lost marker!! And i'm fitting in clothes I had no clue I could fit in yet! I feel amazing, and it's thanks to Ideal Protein! Will power and motivation are key! Stick with it, and you will not be disappointed!! YIPPEEE
WOW! What an accomplishment! I'm so happy for you!

[QUOTE=sarita75;4854939]Good morning all. So happy to hear about all the losses and the joyful tears! Those are amazing moments and please try to remember them when you are feeling blue, want some pizza or whatever off-program food and find strength in the memory of how you feel now.

Such great advice!! The temporary pleasure of eating that food is NOTHING compared to the long-term pleasure of being healthy and happy with your body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
NSV yesterday - I fit I to pants I bought a year after having my daughter. I e been trying to get into them for a year and I finally can now! I kept turning around when I passed a mirror because my butt looks amazing in them!
LOL! You strut your stuff in those pants, girl!

Quote:
WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!
And I got the best compliment that was very remarkable to me... I'm teaching a class for an organization, and one of the students is blind (that in itself has been a challenge because I've been unfortunately never really exposed to a person with disabilities that I had to work extremely close with, but I've fully been enjoying the challenge, she is great!) But she told me yesterday that my hair was beautiful because she had felt it when I was. up next to her ear talking with her... it was humbling because I realized she sees beauty in a total different light, and that body image doesn't matter to her... it made me really think about how much it would be different if we couldn't see each other and just got to know each other by personality and kindness...
So well said.

Today has been a good day. Day #4, 100% op, headache seems better, but still hanging around some. MUCH less hungry today. I'm guessing I'm in ketosis. I just tried the IP chicken noodle soup for lunch....I know that lots of people don't like it, but I LOVED it! Woohoo! My clinic gave me 21 different unrestricted packets and 7 different restricted packets this week, so I'm really getting to taste a wide variety of the IP offerings. All I've tried so far have been at least ok, some of have been good, and a some have been great. I think this is a good way to let newbies get to know the food. They let us buy food by the packet there, too, which I think is nice. I'm going to work on my food order for next week this weekend. I'm also really enjoying the IP videos that I can watch each morning. I find them to be informational and motivational. Very encouraging.

Really enjoying this program. And this site.
Happy Friday to all!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
I am not sure your size, but I still have some suits that might fit you. PM me if you would like to explore this option.
Since I'm planning on shrinking, and company dress code doesn't seem to be willing to change, I will happily (and gratefully!) take anything I can get. I will be PMing you!!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #39  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Sarita -- Congrats on turning that head! Methinks that was probably not the first, either. What a wonderful feeling! I well remember being "invisible." I never got used to it, and it was a daily downer. Go get 'em, girl! And report back about Facebook!
Thanks and will do re Facebook!!! Wish I could post photos here but I think the photo posting is down.

Quote:
WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!
Sooooo many congrats to you!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Today was the first time I let my DH see the scale with me on it. I have never let him see it with me on it. His jaw dropped
My boyfriend saw the scale on accident, I have one of those digital ones and I forgot to turn it off and he went in and said good job, of course that was after fifty pounds down.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=MelissaKate73;4855029]Congratulations to all on your NSVs! So uplifting!!!

WOW! What an accomplishment! I'm so happy for you!

Quote:
Good morning all. So happy to hear about all the losses and the joyful tears! Those are amazing moments and please try to remember them when you are feeling blue, want some pizza or whatever off-program food and find strength in the memory of how you feel now.

Such great advice!! The temporary pleasure of eating that food is NOTHING compared to the long-term pleasure of being healthy and happy with your body!

LOL! You strut your stuff in those pants, girl!

So well said.

Today has been a good day. Day #4, 100% op, headache seems better, but still hanging around some. MUCH less hungry today. I'm guessing I'm in ketosis. I just tried the IP chicken noodle soup for lunch....I know that lots of people don't like it, but I LOVED it! Woohoo! My clinic gave me 21 different unrestricted packets and 7 different restricted packets this week, so I'm really getting to taste a wide variety of the IP offerings. All I've tried so far have been at least ok, some of have been good, and a some have been great. I think this is a good way to let newbies get to know the food. They let us buy food by the packet there, too, which I think is nice. I'm going to work on my food order for next week this weekend. I'm also really enjoying the IP videos that I can watch each morning. I find them to be informational and motivational. Very encouraging.

Really enjoying this program. And this site.
Happy Friday to all!

I love the chicken noodle too, not liking the chicken soup though too thick!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #42  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
I love the chicken noodle too, not liking the chicken soup though too thick!
I don't like the chicken soup mucheither! I was not looking forward to the noodle version today, because I wasn't thrilled with the non-noodle, but they are VERY different. The noodles are different than "regular" noodles, of course, but I liked them fine.

Have you found any other ones that you really really like? I'm curious about the pasta, but I didn't get any of those in my starter pack this week.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Lunch today: 1 1/2 c veggies (mushrooms, spinach and green peppers combined) sautéed in 1/2 tsp Olive Oil with sea salt. Then I shook up 1packet of Tomato Basil Soup, added it to my veggies, let it simmer and YUMMO!!! The last 1/2 c of veggies raw cucumbers and a big ol glass of water to finish it off!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Holy COW!!! You ladies are amazing!!! I really appreciate all the pm's with info on suits! You guys rock! And I'm proud of me for shrinking out of my current suits.

Congrats to everyone on all the victories today! Big or little, it doesn't matter! YOU did it!! Rock on!!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #45  

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. I realized too late yesterday that I had TWO restricted foods. I had the vanilla nut bar before swimming and then had the veggie chili for lunch. I hadn't had the chili since the first week and didn't remember it was on THE LIST. So, today I strive for no restricted to make up for it.

I'm on week 5 and I also have been sleeping more the past week or so, and have had some minor headaches. I think I haven't had enough sea salt and that may be why. I actually measured 1/8 tsp for my herb omelette this morning and based on how salty it was, realize I don't think I've been adding enough salt. I've tried to cut out salt in my diet for years and now I have to add it back in. I'm at 19.8 lbs lost (darn it, so close to 20) and on may way, slow and steady.
Closed Thread