Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #16  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
2 full days on P2. No big changes, just replace a packet with my own protein for lunch. Ate a grilled chicken salad and made my own Caesar dressing for lunch yesterday. Sliced some leftover steak into my salad the day before and used my own Italian dressing. I have been copying and pasting P3 breakfast ideas into a Word doc from the various threads. Getting anxious for those!

I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable.

So interesting that u mention the tailbone. My tailbone has been so sore and I was blaming my bed and the couch, which I thought was strange because they are both new! We are missing the built in cushion!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #17  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
happy Friday yall!! I finallyyyy hit the 60lb lost marker!! And i'm fitting in clothes I had no clue I could fit in yet! I feel amazing, and it's thanks to Ideal Protein! Will power and motivation are key! Stick with it, and you will not be disappointed!! YIPPEEE
Congratulations! Your stats are similar to mine (start, goal and height) - and your success is an inspiration!

I have a NSV to report today - this morning I was shaking up my drink by the water cooler, and a co-worker said "I see you doing that every day and it's clear you're losing weight, your face looks thinner. Can you tell me about your diet?" and I was able to be an evangelist for IP. He's making an appointment at a clinic today.

Kathy

Last edited by GettinHealthyNow; 10-04-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Also yesterday we had 2 showings for our house back to back. We did not have time to eat before we left!! DS had football practice, so dh, dd and ds #2 and I went to McDs. No one really wanted to go there but given the time we had that was as good as it would get. And I are only a small salad and water, Dh and DD had nasty fish sand. and ds #2 nibbled on that stuff. resisted an iced coffee and frappe. NSV kinda
Old 10-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #19  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

I had an NSV this morning!!! Last week Friday I tried on a pair of Size 16 jeans that barely went past my hips and butt and there was NO WAY I could zip them up or close the button. This morning I tried on the same jeans and, while they were tight and a couldn't sit in them, they went up and zipped and closed!!!!! I have a muffin top hanging over the waist band but, hey, I got them on and I on the right track!!! Hopefully I can wear them at the end of the month when I get back from 2 weeks in Canada to meet my DH's family.

Happy OP Friday everyone!!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #20  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. So happy to hear about all the losses and the joyful tears! Those are amazing moments and please try to remember them when you are feeling blue, want some pizza or whatever off-program food and find strength in the memory of how you feel now.

I have a few NSV to share. Yesterday, while getting ready to leave Sacramento, my boyfriend was sitting behind me in the hotel, packing his stuff. He looked over at me, and say "Wow, you are really getting thin." I blushed. He has been such a supporter and champion, so for him to compliment my progress when I am not saddened by a small loss or whatever really meant a lot.

This morning, I am wearing a more business-y Friday outfit because I have to meet a client at Facebook (sorry to throw that out there - I am just a little psyched about visiting Facebook). Recently a friend of mine gave me a bunch of her really nice clothes she can no longer wear due to some weight gain and so I am rocking a new-for-me outfit. As I was walking to my office, a guy was walking towards me. He was handsome and so my natural inclination was to peek, but not really make eye contact. As we passed one another, I glanced over at him and he was looking at me. Maybe I just looked a little crazy , highly likely for me, but .... I don't know. It made me feel good as, being heavy, I always felt invisible, or not worthy of attention. Strange. Anyhow, I was going to post a photo below - but I can't. Guess there is a problem with that. Alas!
Happy Friday!!

Quote:
2 full days on P2. ***I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable.
Congrats on P2! Happy for you! I, too, am looking forward to P2 and P3 yummy breakfast! Starting November! Woot! Woot! As for the tail bone, I actually find it my butt bones (like in my butt cheeks). Riding the bus to work in the morning sometimes just hurts. I try to shift, move around and find something comfie, but nope! The funny things that happen, eh?

PS: I am going to make that pulled pork recipe this weekend - can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
happy Friday yall!! I finallyyyy hit the 60lb lost marker!! And i'm fitting in clothes I had no clue I could fit in yet! I feel amazing, and it's thanks to Ideal Protein! Will power and motivation are key! Stick with it, and you will not be disappointed!! YIPPEEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Just had to share a bit of a NSV and funny moment with DH this morning. I wear suits to work everyday, and have noticed they're getting baggier and baggier. This morning I whined to my DH "Man! I hate that I have to buy new suits!!"
I am not sure your size, but I still have some suits that might fit you. PM me if you would like to explore this option.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 192.5/192.5/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all~~~ Just want to chime in as Newbie.
Started IP 02 October (Wednesday). So starting my 3rd day.
Have been reading so many posts and still reading. Looking forward to this journey and this board I am sure is going to help so much.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 236.6/218.0/165

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone and keep up the awesome work. I just completed my fourth week and I have been more of a lurker than a poster but always check in on the daily chat and 100% threads for a daily dose of inspiration and motivation. You guys all rock. Have a great weekend!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
2 full days on P2. No big changes, just replace a packet with my own protein for lunch. Ate a grilled chicken salad and made my own Caesar dressing for lunch yesterday. Sliced some leftover steak into my salad the day before and used my own Italian dressing. I have been copying and pasting P3 breakfast ideas into a Word doc from the various threads. Getting anxious for those!

I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable.
Hi, I started IP back in March 2012 & reached goal in September 2012. After reaching goal, I also experienced tail bone pain, to the extent where I couldn't sit on a couch or chair for long. I went to a chiropractor and it helped inmensely. I'm doing a yearly reboot and am starting to feel that lack of cushion again, but am doing the core muscle excercises that lift your muscles up in the backside and my monthly chiro visit/adjustment. HTH with your situation. Congrats on reaching your goals.

Last edited by momat40; 10-04-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Smaller clothes

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Good Morning All!

Just had to share a bit of a NSV and funny moment with DH this morning. I wear suits to work everyday, and have noticed they're getting baggier and baggier. This morning I whined to my DH "Man! I hate that I have to buy new suits!!" His reply "Fine! Then quit the diet and go back to being fat." I blinked and went "Well, okay, but it's just annoying because suits are sooo expensive! But I do have another old suit in the closet, maybe that will fit now." "See? Besides, it's not like you have to buy bigger suits cuz you've gained weight."

Nothing like having someone put it all into perspective for you. It might be expensive or annoying to have to shop for clothes, but really? At least you're not buying bigger clothes, and I think they tend to get a little cheaper as they get smaller. Time to get online and check out some new clothes!
I am so lucky that there is a major chain thrift store less than a mile from the house. The guy there smiles at me every week or so as I go in to drop off/donate a bag and then go shopping to look for new things.

I get SUCH a kick from putting on the smaller clothes. My next goal on that front is to ditch anything beginning with a "2" and celebrate being into 18's. Maybe in another month....stay tuned!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default 90 days til the New Year - really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Go to your signature & just change the weight in the BB code.

We can all be ahead-of-the-pack on New Years Day, after an evening of staying OP when everyone else over-indulges. We all know what excuses are like. Lets not have any of them.

I missed it but yesterday we had 90 days until New Years Day (really? So soon?)
Wow.
Where will we be in 90 days?
I am hoping, praying, planning, staying 100% OP for where I will be on New Year's Day - IN ONEDERLAND! I know we are not supposed to project but I want this so badly that I am making it my goal so that I have something concrete for which to work. I find things outside that need physical yard work; I make errands to go up and down stairs all day, etc.

I have not been in Onederland since before I met my husband and we will be 24 years just after New Year's Day. How wonderful it will be for me that I can go back to the health I had then before marriage and our three wonderful children.

Last edited by schenectady; 10-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #26  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! I'm a get on the scale every day girl, and am aware that the numbers don't tell the whole story but I do it anyway! I do IP alternatives at home so I don't measure fat loss or inches.

Last Sat was weigh in day and I was 184. 2 days later I was 185.5!! Then 184.5 and today, one day before WI I am 184 again. I fully expect a zero loss tomorrow for the week. And you know what? It's ok!!! Even though I don't measure inches my clothes are much looser than even last week.

Next week I am due my monthly visitor as well. Last month I still had a loss that week, but I had just started IP and I know that was part of the reason why I still had a loss. I don't expect the same this month as my past efforts at weight loss always showed me with a stall on TOM week.

And finally I posted this on the hair loss thread, but I have not experienced hair loss so far. I have been taking 10,000 mcg of Biotin daily, and my hair just looks healthier! But the best part is my normally week and brittle nails are crazy strong and long. I have to file them down every three days! I know Biotin can cause problems for some, like acne etc, but I am thrilled with what it's doing for me so far.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, I just love getting on the daily thread and reading all your news!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #27  

NSV yesterday - I fit I to pants I bought a year after having my daughter. I e been trying to get into them for a year and I finally can now! I kept turning around when I passed a mirror because my butt looks amazing in them!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:

Tailbone pain here too! My butt is so boney now I find it hard to sit on soft surfaces, and especially hard surfaces (like bleachers, etc.) for any extended amount of time. It's a GOOD problem to have though
Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone, day three of phase two and I absolutely cannot wait to start phase three. My boyfriend and I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a few things to start phase three on Wednesday.

Woke up early this morning and made it to the gym, I feel so much better working out in the mornings than in the evenings. Now if I can just make this a daily routine that would be great.

My boyfriend is finally coming around to the weight loss (he liked me bigger), he is starting to notice my new curves and really liking it.

Happy Friday, feeling good and hoping everyone else is too!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #30  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

WI 3 - Down 5.6 lbs!!
Haven't done measurements yet though...
And I got the best compliment that was very remarkable to me... I'm teaching a class for an organization, and one of the students is blind (that in itself has been a challenge because I've been unfortunately never really exposed to a person with disabilities that I had to work extremely close with, but I've fully been enjoying the challenge, she is great!) But she told me yesterday that my hair was beautiful because she had felt it when I was. up next to her ear talking with her... it was humbling because I realized she sees beauty in a total different light, and that body image doesn't matter to her... it made me really think about how much it would be different if we couldn't see each other and just got to know each other by personality and kindness...
Just my thought of the day
Closed Thread