Old 10-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

Default Help! Hit a plateau and need advise for getting past it.

Just had my 3rd weigh in a row where the scale has not budged (Been on plan since the end of July).

My coach and I have been going over ideas for getting over this plateau, but I wanted to check with the forum to see:

1. Has this happened to you?
2. What did you do to get over it?
3. Any suggestions?

The only thing that has changed is that I’ve started doing Pilates in the past two weeks. This is not exactly cardio heavy or causing me to bulk up. Other than that, nada.

I have been measuring out my food, staying OP and not cheating. It is too $$$ to be stuck like this.

My body is changing in a positive way, so I’m not totally frustrated, just confused. I need a slump-buster!

As always, thanks for your suggestions and positive thoughts.

Last edited by berteau; 10-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
berteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #2  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

how long has it been? i stalled for a week but had a big loss this week. I had to go back to very strict week one protocol. I didn't exercise other than my dog wallking and cut back on the walden farms products.
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #3  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

I have heard in the past that people who have hit a plateau actually switched to phase 2 or 3 for a day or two, and went back to phase 1. It seemed to work for them, like some type of "kickstart", but I myself have never hit a plateau when I did IP before. I can't actually recommend or deny this...but I thought I would try to help a little.
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #4  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I know this is frustrating. I just wanted to ask you, have you been losing inches instead of weight? That's common in IP as your body composition changes from fat to muscle.
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone.

This is week 4 without any loss, just a bit of back and forth within the same 2 lb range.

Last week we tried adding a restricted each day because my calories were bit low on MyFitnessPal.

I'm planning on going back to what I ate on W1 on the plan this week.

@Tuscany123
My coach and I do not track inches each week, just once a month. But I know I am down based on how my clothes are fitting.

I've been making such good progress and feel fantastic so I really want to move past this number hump. I really only weigh myself at the weekly check in so that I don't fixate on the number and focus on how I feel.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #6  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I do pilates 4-5 times a week and never noticed that it's stalled my weight loss at all. Although everyone's body is different.
I think the previous suggestions and comments are valid. How long has it really been? Us females have so many hormones that can easily affect us at times throughout the month. Measure yourself, that might give you a boost of confidence and motivation. Make sure you're getting your water, oil and salt in. If you're dealing with the big C, look into some options to help with that.
If you're stalled after 2 or 3 weeks, try Phase 2 for a few days or a week, then back to Phase 1. I'm no coach, but I've also heard this before and that seemed to work for some people.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #7  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Berteau, if your clothes are fitting looser then you are dropping weight! I don't measure at all, because I am doing this on my own, but I know I'm dropping inches because of how my clothes fit. I'm sure you are too.
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berteau View Post
Just had my 3rd weigh in where the scale has not budged.

My coach and I have been going over ideas for getting over this plateau, but I wanted to check with the forum to see:

1. Has this happened to you?
2. What did you do to get over it?
3. Any suggestions?

The only thing that has changed is that I’ve started doing Pilates in the past two weeks. This is not exactly cardio heavy or causing me to bulk up. Other than that, nada.

I have been measuring out my food, staying OP and not cheating. It is too $$$ to be stuck like this.

My body is changing in a positive way, so I’m not totally frustrated, just confused. I need a slump-buster!

A stall would be 0 change on scale or measuring tape for at least a MONTH (with no cheats). Some people are reporting "stalls" when they are actually straying from 100% OP

So, have you been 100% stuck to the plan? Drinking all your water, having your oil and salt? If you have a coach, they will continue to suggest other ideas to get you past a true stall (lowering carb count of veggies or cutting restricteds or IP bootcamp or switching dinner with lunch, to name a few). Some people have also found if they had too much low fat meat, a nice big juicy steak helped to break stalls.

How long have you been on the plan?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Stalls

Quote:
Just had my 3rd weigh in a row where the scale has not budged (Been on plan since the end of July).

berteau - I am not a coach, I am not a veteran so I cannot provide the kind of information that is an official sort of answer.

I can say that despite being 100% on the plan, I have had weeks in a row where I could get furious/frustrated/angry over the lack of movement on the scale.

My outlook on it and how I get through it is to remember that what you eat today, or yesterday, is not necessarily immediately reflected in your weight on the scale. I have been reminded by the sages in this business that weight loss is NOT linear or logical.

So, hang in there, listen to whatever the experts suggest but this whole process is a learning experience in how your body functions. Health and weight loss are so important that you just have to roll with the punches and HANG IN THERE.

That being said (I am rarely short on words), this board IS a place that you can come to when things are tough. You will get answers as well as support and its all free! Can't get much better than that this crazy world?
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #10  

Thanks everyone!

I did P2 food yesterday and will do them today. Than 100% back on P1 until my goal is met. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

It is still really strange to me.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

I did phase 3 for one day and then was able to lose all the weight again, I also started exercising after stalling for over three weeks. It is frustrating but don't give up on your goal!!
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi Berteau,

Were you able to find something to help you break the plateau? I seem to be running into the same problem.

Thanks!
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #13  

Hi pretty mom09,

I'll find on Thursday with my weekly weigh in. I've been extra careful about measuring veggies, walking, drinking my water and have added a night cap of Smooth Move Tea to prevent issues with the Big C. I'll see how it goes on Thursday!

I'm also reminding myself that it took a long time to gain the weight, so I need to stick with it and be patient.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi pretty mom09,

I'll find on Thursday with my weekly weigh in. I've been extra careful about measuring veggies, walking, drinking my water and have added a night cap of Smooth Move Tea to prevent issues with the Big C. I'll see how it goes on Thursday!

I'm also reminding myself that it took a long time to gain the weight, so I need to stick with it and be patient.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great. I'm giving up the restricted bars for a few days to see if that make a difference. I'll let you know if it works.
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #15  

Hi Berteau,

I just posted this to the daily thread, but I had three weeks where my weight was steady (or a .1 loss), but then this week I had a 6.8 loss. I stayed entirely OP the whole time and knew I was losing inches, but not weight on the scale. Just hang in there, sometimes it takes a while for our bodies to catch up.

Last edited by StormyS; 10-09-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: wrong name
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote