Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

This is my third kick at the can. Two years ago, I lost 30lbs but had to stop because I could no longer afford it. I have put all of the weight back on and then some. I did two weeks in November and lost 9lbs, but stopped because it was too close to Christmas. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in February and I want to be down to my goal weight by then. The love and support is awesome at this site and I am hoping to find some buddies to help me do this!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #482  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Where are all of my 50 + girlfriends???? I know a couple of years ago when I started this group we were really active and then many of us left. But I know there are now others out there... Hello?

Since most of us are post menopausal on this group given our age, we just don't lose the same as younger women. Come and join and lets have some fun.

Hi Dana. I'm back. Sorry to say, but I didn't learn my lesson well enough last time around and I'm back starting all over again.... As a 63 yr old I'll definitely hang out in this thread.

Last edited by evepet; 09-15-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #483  

Hi Terry Welcome just lost 2 pounds since Sunday very happy. Using Wonderslim like the cream chicken with vegetables.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi to all the new/old gals I haven't (virtually) met yet!
Work your day 100%! Especially now that we are older, we don't have the freedom/luxury of cheating a bit & still making it to goal and Maintenance without repercussions!!

Liana
Old 09-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #485  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello Ladies, as you can tell Im not a super active poster,more of a reader but where is everyone, lol. Any way just touching base Im moving along finally droped 2 lbs after another 2 slow weeks seems thats my pattern but Ill take it.
Had a very interesting visit w my old coach who is a 45 min drive that I used to take weekly (waste of gas) and they are now changing lives wellness center, no IP to be found, and here I was standing all tall saying look coach Im not fat,after re losing 50 lbs using alternitives and he said OH well we decided that really doesnt work???? Now they have some kind of shake meal replacement? Kind of made me feel deflated and like after teaching me all about how IP works. Anyway I know it works for me and we are eating real food and I am so ok with knowing that this must be our way of eating- good for life! GO IP
Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #486  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Had a very interesting visit w my old coach who is a 45 min drive that I used to take weekly (waste of gas) and they are now changing lives wellness center, no IP to be found, and here I was standing all tall saying look coach Im not fat,after re losing 50 lbs using alternitives and he said OH well we decided that really doesnt work????
Wow. . . I don't know what else to say. Just. . . wow
Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #487  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi Dana. I'm back. Sorry to say, but I didn't learn my lesson well enough last time around and I'm back starting all over again.... As a 63 yr old I'll definitely hang out in this thread.

Hi Dana and Evepet! I am back too after a year+ of horrific eating habits and tons of stress. And I gained all the weight back and then some. Good to "see" some familar IPer's, but sorry we"re back at the starting line again. I have little available time on my PC so am trying to figure out the threads to focus on..it can be daunting!!
In the middle of wk 2..am hungry at times, but have managed to stay 100% whith the exception of an extra IP drink one night. Don't remember being this hungry before, but I am also taking care of someone and there are carbs, cookies around and my sense of smell is so good Im wondering if that is what is triggering my hunger.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #488  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies! I am mostly lurking on the boards these days while I re-boot. It is coming back off slowly, getting close to my goal and I have learned so many new lessons this time around. I prefer eating healthy now as opposed to before when I craved all the bad stuff (the stuff that tasted good but put on all that extra poundage). I find now that IP has shown me that even at my age (61 on Thursday) I can still lose weight and look pretty good I come here for inspiration and you all never fail me. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzubie View Post
This is my third kick at the can. Two years ago, I lost 30lbs but had to stop because I could no longer afford it. I have put all of the weight back on and then some. I did two weeks in November and lost 9lbs, but stopped because it was too close to Christmas. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in February and I want to be down to my goal weight by then. The love and support is awesome at this site and I am hoping to find some buddies to help me do this!
Vzubie,
I also lost 30 pounds 2 years ago and have put it all back on. I started again just last week, tomorrow is my weigh in. The weight gain is disturbing but I tell myself not to look back, just make sure I focus on the right things going forward. My WI is in the privacy of bathroom as I am doing alternatives and I take it very seriously.

You can do this, just stay focused. Remember why you are doing this and what the goal means to you.

One of the things I do is hang up an outfit I want to fit in at goal and I see it everyday. The overarching reason I need to do this is for my health but the vanity aspect plays a part too...

Glad to be part of your support team and watch you reach your goal (and maintain it)!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #490  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi Evepet,
I'm back too, it's Chloe222 back but I decided to leave the past behind me and started a fresh account. I gained back 30 pounds and tomorrow morning I have my first (at home) WI.

Hello Dana too!

However, I'm sorry you are both in the same place I am, but then, we are on the right path now and if we learn from our mistakes, this will be the last time we are rebooting.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #491  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabracadabra View Post
HI Everyone. My name is Terry and I started IP 5 days ago. I'm really encouraged that I see movement on the scales immediately which is very reinforcing to me.

I know there will come a time when I get discouraged, the scale doesn't move as fast or I get more complacent as I get closer to my goal weight. That's why I know being connected to a support group is so important to get you through those days when you feel alone and discouraged.

I have introduced myself in one of the other IP threads but this one seems even more specifically geared for me since I'm 60 and can share not only the IP journey but the life journey with others at this age.

I just moved to Austin TX in July and don't have a lot of friends here yet but am ready to branch out and meet people.

I hope everyone has a great week this week and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Thanks - Terry
Hi my name is Debby and I am 64. I am not new to IP I get wieghed in today 30 weeks and have 100% The weight never comes off fast enough if I was lucky enough to lose 2.5 I would want 3.5 The body will do what they body will do. I have just started with this web site and an trying to find the right fit for me.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #492  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Hi my name is Debby and I am 64. I am not new to IP I get wieghed in today 30 weeks and have 100% The weight never comes off fast enough if I was lucky enough to lose 2.5 I would want 3.5 The body will do what they body will do. I have just started with this web site and an trying to find the right fit for me.
Hello Terry and Not So Fat,
Welcome! This is a wonderful website for advice and support. The more you contribute, the more you'll find new friends and support.

I am 58, and this is my third time on IP. Hopefully my last and I will maintain, but that is what we all wish and then life intervenes and sometimes we fall back to our old ways for comfort or convenience. This time I have serious health issues if I don't lose weight and maintaining is a must.

Please take time to poke around the many interesting and informative threads. There are great recipes also.

Wishing you the best on your journey and looking forward to seeing you both back here!

Old 09-26-2014, 07:13 AM   #493  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default Thanks Blueskies2

Hi everyone

Happy Friday. Lost 1.2 aliitle bummed out but I am nearing goal and everyone tells me to expect that. I just want the weight gone, if only wishing worked. I am 100% into IP and will get there, Have a great day everyone. No posts till Monday because I am going away for the weekend.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #494  

Bummed,about what?!?
You lost weight and 1.2 is still faster than most diets!!!
Every loss is a celebration!
Do you own The Beck Diet Solution? Get reading!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 05:23 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default Wi # 2

Good afternoon everyone..had my 2nd WI..down 3.6 for a total of 11.6 in 2 weeks..It was a more challenging week for me,,more hungry than I remember when I did IP in 2012. I didn't have any off plan foods, but I did find myself having an extra packet 3 days this week. Also Didn't do that the first time around . I am also eating the chips which I didn't do either, but find the crunchiness good when I am having those cravings. Also by the time I am finished taking care of my SO it's pushing 10 or 10:30 pm and I have a lot of pent of frustration. so the cravings really kick in. Any suggestions for something crunchy to eat besides celry or IP chips?
Closed Thread