Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #391  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Hello fabfif gals. I had wi#4 and was up 1 lb. I also had a dr. visit. My blood pressure has been running higher than normal and I had a one hour spell of heart palpitations on Friday. My doctor has been on IP herself and doesn't believe the diet contributed to the palpitations. She doubled my blood pressure med which I had already been doing and added a water pill. Im back to work on Friday and my weigh ins will now be moved to evenings. I'm hoping that this new water pill will help the numbers down.

Good luck to all of you on WIs!
Rhonduz, great to hear from you! Well shucks and darn on the bp and palpitations but sounds like your doctor is working on it and hopefully you are in tip top health very soon. It's really cool your doctor knows about IP etc. So many doctors are uninformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm 49 can I join this thread? wait..... I think i'm 48....oops yea 48. For the past, I don't know 8 years? I've been making myself a year older. That's unheard of, I should be making myself younger!! LOL

Anyway, I'm close enough to 50, right?
Oh heck yes, join us! Any lurkers out there also wanting to join who aren't quite 50 are welcome. We don't check ID at the door :-) although I feel quite happy when I'm asked to see mine in a bar (not that I go there often, nor do I drink on IP - but you know what I mean).

I spent the day having my work computer worked on. *sigh* felt very unproductive and like I should work tonight to make up some time. However, as I sit here waiting for my computer to boot up (it's been 30 minutes now) I think I may just go play and see it's finished in the morning - or in an hour I may turn it off and start over.

I'll try and update my weight tracker tonight. It wouldn't do it on the Ticker Factory site yesterday or this morning. I'm down 3 lbs last week, so 48 lbs thus far.

Have a great evening all.

Barb
Old 08-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #392  
6/26/12 start 355

Default Costco Premier Protein Crisp Bars

Hi All,
Hey our Washington State Costco has Premier Protein Crisp bars on sale. $6.50 off the regular 18.99 price a box, brings them down to ~50 cents a bar. I have never seen them in our Costco before, so maybe this is an introductory sale? I think one or two of the three variety are 200 calories. Here's one of them to look at. http://www.premierprotein.com/crisp-...r-nutritional/
I tried the chocolate mint last night and it was awesome. Trying the peanut butter one tonight. The other is Honey Caramel. http://www.premierprotein.com/crisp-...r-nutritional/ Usual disclaimer - your tastes will vary from mine and they may not suite everyone - but I think they rock.

I may steal the chocolate mint ones for me, and let hubby and son work on the others :-) honestly though (not to jinx myself) I think as long as I'm losing as well as I have been, having the others occasionally as my restricted will be okay.

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-15-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #393  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Halfagain Looks like these Crisp bars may be a new line & yes, perhaps at an introductory price. It seems they are available at select locations & only in the US. So not here in Canada yet.

My local Costco sells the variety boxes of the Crunch bars (3 flavours) and I do use those - 1/2 bar is pretty close to the IP bar values. They are particularly useful when I run, as I can have 1/2 bar before & another after my run & it gives me more carbs to work with.

It's tempting to have a whole bar, but the values are pretty high.

Lucky you, to get in on the ground floor with these!!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #394  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sorry to jump in, but 1/2 a bar wouldn't be equal to an IP bar because it would only be 7.5 grams of protein. Calorie wise, yes but not enough protein.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Sorry to jump in, but 1/2 a bar wouldn't be equal to an IP bar because it would only be 7.5 grams of protein. Calorie wise, yes but not enough protein.
It works well for Westwillow, because she is in maintenance and this would be a useful addition for her running program so that she gets in a bit more protein and carbs for quick energy. Probably not the best choice for those still losing weight on IP phases 1-3, though.

Liana
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Good Morning Ladies, WI today stayed the same, was kinda expecting it after a 4 lb loss but I know from experience and my body, some weeks are that way but Im keeping on the fast track and moving on.

Talking about bars I order from Nasha Nutrition the Health Smart bars most have about 160 to 200 cal a bar and only 15-22 carbs and 15 protien and are very yummy the carmelcrunch, strawberry cheese cake and the choc mint are awesome, anyway theres my 2 cents on that, lol. You all have a great day!
Old 08-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #397  
6/26/12 start 355

NSV today I was soring through clothing for donations. I picked up a pair of capris that are two sizes down from where I think I am. I thought, "well I might as well see how close I am", to see if I can wear this summer, and whaddya know? They fit! Okay a bit snug but wearable, and I will wear them through this summer. Next summer I should be to small for them. LOL my inner voice is going blah blah stretchy blah blah snug.... I don't care, they fit and they aren't in danger of popping seams or anything like that, and they are jean style (even if a bit stretchy).

I don't sew normally, but inherited my MIL sewing machine several years ago. So today I sat down and did some mending. It felt good even though I had to get the guide out to thread it and figure out the zig zag spacing.

I feel so productive today - got to the clothing donation place, got rid of a few bags of cloths, did the sewing so that stuff is usable once again, fertilized the garden, filled the bird feeder, walked the dog around a different park we hadn't been to before (she got to bark at ducks - they didn't mind), and after I give her a haircut, I'm going to knit on my sweater.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Barb
Old 08-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 228/223/160

Height: 5'4.5"

I just turned 51 last month. I have battled my weight the last 20 years, and want it GONE! I also have lots of other health problems (back, knees, shoulder, psoriatic arthritis). I have tried several diet plans without success.

I have two cousins doing IP, both with great success! This has encouraged me to give IP a try and that it is feasible to lose weight! My goal is to lose 66 pounds.

I am going to officially start Sept 3, 2014. Need to get through Labor Day weekend first as I will not have access to eat properly at all that weekend. I'm glad to have found this forum so I can start reading up on the plan, challenges, recipes, etc. before I officially start!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #399  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Have to bump this up to the front page!

Coming back to IP starting Tuesday. To many times to count re-starts, but as I always say, "There's no time like the present." My close friend who did IP with me a couple of years ago also restarted last week, so at least I have my dieting buddy this time around. This time I'm going to give alternative IP food a chance.

I'll be back Tuesday.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Looks like there are a whole bunch of us in the same boat. It is great to have the support. I want to be essentially at goal when I have my yearly check up in December. The doctor wanted me at 160; I want to be at 148.5.

Given my backsliding, that will be a real challenge but a good one. Let's do it
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Go for 100%, gals!! You can do this!
Liana
Old 09-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #402  
6/26/12 start 355

I is great to have you on board with us Dana. I went really off the path for a year. I had my Mom pass away after a long illness, etc - but I went off track before that happened. Anyway I'm back on track now, and I feel I will be able to maintain this time.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #403  

I am starting just turned 65 and a Morbid obese. Using alternatives have order pending from Wonderslim on Diet Direct.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #404  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Dana - hello! It is good to see you again. For me this time is much harder and much slower than the first time around, but it will continue because the other option is unacceptable

Barb - you are doing fantastic! Love seeing your progress!

classykaren - welcome! Best of luck to you.

I haven't checked in anywhere for awhile but I read daily. I joined the Labor Day to thanksgiving challenge and am looking forward to checking in there weekly. That said I've had a pretty bad OP weekend. New day today and 100% one day at a time. I so enjoy reading all of your progresses! Talk to you all soon!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #405  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
I am starting just turned 65 and a Morbid obese. Using alternatives have order pending from Wonderslim on Diet Direct.
Hi classykaren, I sort of fell into IP thru the same Wonderslim path. I searched for Ideal Protein and Diet Direct came up - I didn't know there was a difference until I'd placed my order. The only difference I found with the WS diet and IP was that WS wants you to eat more of their food, and less real meat/food. This was two years ago though, maybe they have changed. I think you are fine either way, but for me I wanted to follow the IP sheets and so I used the WS foods I had already purchased, but followed the IP sheets so I was on board with what the other IP folks were doing here. The WS board was not functioning, and even looking back they didn't have nearly the wealth of information that this board had to offer. Glad to have you with us!

Rhonduz, I have had a couple bad choice/unplanned nights (evening time seems to bring out the food demons in me) since my restart. But getting right back on plan the next day has been fine. We will get there and maintain with the lessons we have learned along the way.
Closed Thread