Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #346  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

So well said 65X65!!!!! You are a woman after my own heart....so bluntly honest...that's what this world needs is a little less political correctness and a bit more honesty. Happy Bday!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Most of you don't know me. Recently, I don't post much, but had great success on IP in 2013 ....
Celebrate today and your decisions... Hope for a wonderful tomorrow..everyday from now on! You deserve nothing less.
Snipping down your entire post for brevity but I loved EVERY WORD. I also believe in telling it like it is. Doesn't give one a right to be rude; but candor is not rudeness nor is bluntness necessarily rude either. I like people who are blunt and straightforward. I do not have patience for guessing games.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 AM   #348  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Well stated 65X65

I'm home from the business trip. Got to bed about 2 AM ET, and since I started the day at 6 AM ET I am just zonked out mentally for today. Looking forward to the weekend for sure.
I had a good weigh in this morning just trying to catch up from two weeks with no weigh in. Onward and downward! I did very well staying on plan.
The garden went crazy growing while I was away. I need to go out and cut back the salad bowl lettuce as it's trying to go to seed.
Oh man, do I need coffee... have a great day all, I'm off to make a pot.
Barb
Old 07-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Well stated 65X65

I'm home from the business trip. Got to bed about 2 AM ET, and since I started the day at 6 AM ET I am just zonked out mentally for today. Looking forward to the weekend for sure.
I had a good weigh in this morning just trying to catch up from two weeks with no weigh in. Onward and downward! I did very well staying on plan.
The garden went crazy growing while I was away. I need to go out and cut back the salad bowl lettuce as it's trying to go to seed.
Oh man, do I need coffee... have a great day all, I'm off to make a pot.
Barb
Hi Barb! Glad to see you made it back from your business trip. You are doing fantastic! I remember your last go around and was amazed at your progress. I'm a much slower loser and it appears I'm even slower this time. I wish we had put in some lettuce this year since me and my school pet eat so much lettuce. I do have a lot of fresh herbs and tomatoes. I didn't touch a tomato the last time, but have decided to use my weekly amount this time. Have a great weekend and week. You've talked me into that cup of coffee.
Rhonda
Old 07-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #350  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Hi Barb! Glad to see you made it back from your business trip. You are doing fantastic! I remember your last go around and was amazed at your progress. I'm a much slower loser and it appears I'm even slower this time. I wish we had put in some lettuce this year since me and my school pet eat so much lettuce. I do have a lot of fresh herbs and tomatoes. I didn't touch a tomato the last time, but have decided to use my weekly amount this time. Have a great weekend and week. You've talked me into that cup of coffee.
Rhonda
Rhonda
Lettuce spinach and kale are cooler weather plants. I planted inthe Spring but will re-plant in August for Fall harvest
Old 07-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Lisa. I have just the spot to put that lettuce and spinach. Perfect tip!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #352  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Great post 65x65! We all have a limit to our time here - making it count, counts. It was a wake-up call for me when my daughter said she wanted me around long enough & alive enough to enjoy grandchildren.

Re: salt use - I have normally low BP, so find I often have light-headedness or just plain fatigued feelings while on IP. It's been a revelation this time to use salt as a pick-me-up mid-afternoon. Takes such a short time to kick in & revive me! That & lots of water++++

On my last week of P3, heading into Maintenance, with a bit of anxiety about details, but basically ready for the challenge.

I was away for a few days, with some family members oceanside. I was not the only person with food issues, so it was a dance to consider everyone's needs & we all did really well. Dinner on our last night was fresh crab - it was wonderful! - and I was really happy with only 1/2, whereas before I would have over-indulged.

Had a day of meltdown at work, saw the scales go up a pound, did a P1 day yesterday & I am back on track - almost like magic!

I am realizing that hearing 'Just eat normally once you go on Maintenance' is not at all helpful. I have not really been clear what 'normally' looks like. And what would be 'normal' for me, having already lived many years with too much weight? Watching, reading, paying attention - I am hoping that, eventually, there will be some parts of Maintenance that become automatic!!

On a NSV note: I was on a surfboard for the 1st time! What a high! No standing upright for me, but riding a wave in on my belly, 'Woo-hoo' ing all the way to shore (for all ashore to hear, apparently) was such fun! Who would have thought that 70 would bring such new joys. I am so lucky to have such a wonderfully supportive daughter who was just as excited as I was & who was patient enough to be my instructor.

Wow

Happy losing, Everyone
Old 07-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Ahhhh, westwillow, I LOOOOVE surfing, it is so freeing and exhilarating! Bet you'll be back for more, and next time you may just be popping up onto your feet and really wowing them on the beach!

Liana
Old 07-28-2014, 12:36 AM   #354  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Westwillow, congratulation on moving into maintenance, and being out there surfing. I'd like to get out horseback riding again someday. I need to be more flexible and weigh quite a bit less before I take that on. I'm thinking next spring/summer I'll be ready. I have cousins with horses, or there's the rental option.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:59 AM   #355  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

Haha, Liana - you have the freeing & exhilarating right on. Not sure about the popping up part though. Core strength leaves a bit to be desired. Not inclined to go to the gym, so I will have to find another way to remedy that. Bet you have some suggestions - ?

Halfagain - great goal to set for yourself. Horses have always been a bit scary for me - I think it takes a special kind of person to relate to them. You are already well on your way with weighing less. I found, even at my heaviest, that yoga was a real boon for flexibility & also peace of mind - still is, but I didn't have to be smaller to get the benefits.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #356  

West willow:
Re core strength
Go to essentrics.com and check out their program.
They have a tv show that is on my local PBS station and I've DVR'd a bunch of them.
This program is keeping my back pain at bay
Old 07-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Happpy Monday down 2 lbs, just walked 3.5 miles and feeling great.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good going Yesmyqueen!
Westwillow if you don't have a problem with brittle bones you could try some burpees, but here is a Jillian Michaels abcentric/back strengthening program through a range of motion with different difficulty levels shown. I like this program even though I can't do a lot of push-up positioned exercise due to arthritis in my hands/wrists. It can be modified though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ8Zdj0OPMI

here's burpees - exactly what you do on the board: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M
This guy is doing pretty strong ones though... you don't have to jump so high, push off so hard, lol.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 AM   #359  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

Thank you Lisa & Liana!

My word, Liana - those burpees look like killers! Yes, exactly what my daughter was telling me to do - 'just pop up'. Easy for her to say! However, I also found someone showing some burpee corrections & I get what the movement is - I just can't do it - yet. lol

So the Jillian Michaels workout looks good, if a bit strenuous for me yet. But I can see starting small & working up.

No trouble with bones & wrists so far (touch wood), but plank position in yoga is a challenge, strength-wise. Working on it!

Lisa - it's a find when you get something that really works for your body. I will check my local PBS for essentrics - taping them would be my preference as well.

Thinking I might return to Aquacizes to do some strengthening, as well. The running is great & uses core, but not strongly enough.

Used to be that I would dance a lot (in my youth) & looking for core exercises was not an issue - bet I'm not alone there.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #360  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Happpy Monday down 2 lbs, just walked 3.5 miles and feeling great.
Way to go!
Closed Thread