Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

thanks Lisa

I just want to make sure I do this right this time - I guess as long as I eat all I'm supposed to eat it doesn't matter how -i is that right?

thanks again
Old 01-28-2014, 07:13 AM   #167  

Grazing isn't really recommended, however.
When we eat, our insulin reacts. We're trying to control that.
Stick with planned meals/snacks. You can make them more frequent if necessary. You'll find soon enough that we eat too much and too often!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #168  

I really think I'm worrying for nothing - I had half of my meal before I left for work and I'm eating the rest now - that's 8oz of tofu & 2 cups of mixed veggies - that will sure hold me until lunch!!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #169  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Welcome back Dana...and wishing you a healthy stay now and for the future!

Yes...I think the second time around you DO know the drill...and hopefully can keep to the straight and narrow until that hunger thing fades. You know it will...We are all rooting for you!
Thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
thanks Lisa

I just want to make sure I do this right this time - I guess as long as I eat all I'm supposed to eat it doesn't matter how -i is that right?

thanks again
Maureen, most coaches will tell you to go ahead and have an additional IP packet the first week since hunger the first week can be a challenge. Once you get into ketosis it will be a lot easier.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #170  

My success for the day (2nd day back) is I went with my son to the movies this afternoon (all the schools were closed here today due to weather) and I didn't touch one piece of popcorn I bought him. Of course it really helped that he wanted to sit high up in the theater towards the back and I wanted to sit lower down. I sent him with the popcorn and drink so that way I didn't even have to smell it. Tomorrow one day closer to ketosis, thank goodness!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #171  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Grazing isn't really recommended, however.
When we eat, our insulin reacts. We're trying to control that.
Stick with planned meals/snacks. You can make them more frequent if necessary. You'll find soon enough that we eat too much and too often!
Too true!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #172  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Maureen, most coaches will tell you to go ahead and have an additional IP packet the first week since hunger the first week can be a challenge. Once you get into ketosis it will be a lot easier.
Absolutely, Maureen. My coach told me 3-5 packets the first week.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #173  

just checking in - day #5 and I feel great - not sure if it's the program or just the honeymoon stage - but I'll take this feeling any day - I always feel good when I watch what I eat. I don't feel so bloated

have a great day on program we're worth it
Old 01-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
just checking in - day #5 and I feel great - not sure if it's the program or just the honeymoon stage - but I'll take this feeling any day - I always feel good when I watch what I eat. I don't feel so bloated

have a great day on program we're worth it
It gets even better, Maureen. That is both encouragement for you and something to remember if you have days that don't feel so good because the whole process feels good. Keep it up!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #175  

Hope everyone had a great day today. Day 3 here and still starving, but ketosis should hit me tomorrow or at the latest Friday. Hopefully the hunger or lack of will be better by then.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #176  

THIS group will understand

I've been so bloated feeling & couldn't understand why
It appears TOM has made a quarterly visit
As long as the night sweats don't return, I'm good
Old 03-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
THIS group will understand

I've been so bloated feeling & couldn't understand why
It appears TOM has made a quarterly visit
As long as the night sweats don't return, I'm good
I do not know whether to laugh or cry with you, Lisa! At least you know why you feel bloated but I would not be jumping for joy!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Just found this thread and so glad I did. Today is my 55th Birthday and I am on Day 4 of Phase 1. On my home scale down 3 lbs. and very happy about that. I went to a Happy Hour last night with friends for my birthday and had water and celery sticks while everyone else was scarfing down Nachos and spinach dip. I thought it would be harder than it was to say no. I just told myself "I'm not eating that today" and came home and made my dinner. I was quite proud of myself.

Hope everyone is having a Fabulous day!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #179  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Just found this thread and so glad I did. Today is my 55th Birthday and I am on Day 4 of Phase 1. On my home scale down 3 lbs. and very happy about that. I went to a Happy Hour last night with friends for my birthday and had water and celery sticks while everyone else was scarfing down Nachos and spinach dip. I thought it would be harder than it was to say no. I just told myself "I'm not eating that today" and came home and made my dinner. I was quite proud of myself.

good for you catlady - best birthday gift you could give yourself - I have to go to a function tonight - my first big test of this program so far - I'm starting week 6 - I'm going to have my supper before I leave and bring an IP bar with me - will move my food around my plate - just tell them I'm not hungry and be proud of myself for sticking to program

we can do this we're worth it

happy birthday to you

Last edited by maureen kempster; 03-01-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post

There will always be Nachos and spinach dip available. There will not always be a new healthy you if you eat the stuff, so congrats on your control.
Closed Thread