Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks, 65

Unfortunately, you will have to postpone your good thoughts. At the last minute they moved my interview out to this coming Tuesday morning. PLUS, my current staffing agency has a position they just found out about on Friday with the place I just finished at. It appears to be with a different department and I don't know if they'll feel I'm even qualified, but at least I have a couple of their people who will recommend me. The toughest part of that job is they want someone to start a week from Monday and I'm up here in Michigan now. I so wanted to wait until December, but a jobs a job.

Keep those good thoughts coming.

Molly
Good luck on Tuesday, Molly. I hope this works out for you well. Getting a new job is stressful.
BTW your pics look great! You are looking so wonderful!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Sending good vibes your way Molly. I hope which ever one is best for you works out.

Pat
Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #93  

Thumbs up Hi,

I'm new here (& hope I'm posting right). I've been on IP for 4 weeks & loving it too. So glad to find this group. I'm 55 & very blessed in my life.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnegi View Post
I'm new here (& hope I'm posting right). I've been on IP for 4 weeks & loving it too. So glad to find this group. I'm 55 & very blessed in my life.
Welcome! There are some very wise ladies on this thread who have blessed us all with their experiences and knowledge. Reached my own goal with that support! Best wishes to you ... ! and again!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/192/150

Height: 5'7"

This is my favorite group. I turned 50 in September so i am "legal" to post here now. Ha ha. I havent been doing anything plan wise for a year lost 18 pounds last year gained 7 back. So am ready to commit. I will be doing it on my own with alternative products. I feel prepared to do this due to all of the support on this site. Thank you ladies
Old 11-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #96  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni Lee View Post
This is my favorite group. I turned 50 in September so i am "legal" to post here now. Ha ha. I havent been doing anything plan wise for a year lost 18 pounds last year gained 7 back. So am ready to commit. I will be doing it on my own with alternative products. I feel prepared to do this due to all of the support on this site. Thank you ladies
Welcome Roni Lee I also turned 50 in September and feel better then I have in probably 20 years. Finally taking care of myself and making ME the priority rather than everyone else. I do have to remind myself of that daily! I've only used alternatives...it works. This forum is my inspiration & motivation. Good luck!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 185/139.5/145

Height: 5' 4"

Well 9 weeks in and 25 pounds down! My loss has been slow but steady and 15 more to go..maybe by New Years! The best part is how shaped my body is now, I lost weight in places I never thought I could. I am so grateful to IP and to all the folks who post here and keep me motivated!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenh View Post
Well 9 weeks in and 25 pounds down! My loss has been slow but steady and 15 more to go..maybe by New Years! The best part is how shaped my body is now, I lost weight in places I never thought I could. I am so grateful to IP and to all the folks who post here and keep me motivated!
I'm just trying to figure out what part of 25 in 9 weeks is slow? (2.77 average/week is NOT slow!)

Congrats on your losses. This is to be celebrated, not put down in any way, shape, or form!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 200/192/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you Suzie. I see you are in Eastern Wa. Me too. I had my 50th on the 14th of September.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #100  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I love to read the stories from you ladies. I'm to IP and doind okay. I'm losing and that's all I can ask for. Sometimes I amaze myself with my will power when temptations surround me.

Reading your stories about maintenance scares me to death. I am so afraid when I get to that point all of this hard work will be for nothing. I obviously am overweight because I lack self control. I just hope when I get to my goal I can do what I have to do and not go back to my self food medicating myself.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Welcome! There are some very wise ladies on this thread who have blessed us all with their experiences and knowledge. Reached my own goal with that support! Best wishes to you ... ! and again!
One of the very wise ladies on this board is YOU! You are the voice of calm and reason in what is sometimes a contentious world.

It was so nice and very heartwarming to see your message of concern to me over my "absence". I sent you a reply but not sure if my creaky computer ate it.

Our Marine son was home for nearly a month after his deployment and we had a grand and wonderful visit. I was OP for the first few days and then just enjoyed road trips, visits, restaurants and all with his and his new (long time girlfriend) fiancée.

All in all I learned about falling off, and now getting back on! He is on his way back to Hawaii and another deployment, returning just before his wedding to a young lady we all love and adore.

Just a big bump in the road but I am back making kale soup and eating pickles!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi Debbie

I now say I have the disease of obesity and I'll have to treat it for the rest of my life, whether I'm currently displaying symptoms or not. One of our maintainers refers to herself as POW (previously overweight). I'm F-MOB (formerly morbidly obese). I never want to go back to where I was!
Lisa - you are so wise and right about this. It is A DISEASE from which we cannot escape as I have discovered in the past month. It is there lurking even when we make great progress.

It is wonderful that we have people like you who are upfront and direct about this challenge we all face. You are a great inspiration and I so appreciate the occasional kick in the you-know-what which gets one back on track. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #103  
Workin' It

Ack...this thread is on page 3 again I bought some new to me Miss Me jeans off craigslist in a size 29. They're a little tighter than I like so really focusing on water, oil, salt & veggies. Also thinking about joining a gym. Well off to ride my horse and make the most of this day. Hope you all do too!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Ack...this thread is on page 3 again I bought some new to me Miss Me jeans off craigslist in a size 29. They're a little tighter than I like so really focusing on water, oil, salt & veggies. Also thinking about joining a gym. Well off to ride my horse and make the most of this day. Hope you all do too!
How are you doing on those jeans? I cannot wait to be a point where I am comfortable wearing them because as I got heavier over the years, I gave them up.

As one of the over 50's, I spent last week taking care of myself. After hearing of a third family member to have melanoma, I made an appointment for a physical, one for a dermatologist to check my entire body for anything (unfortunately the COMPLETE body), mammogram, dentist appointment.

I know that when I was heavier, I was embarrassed to see the doctors because I was ashamed of my weight and did not want to get talked to. I cannot say I like going any better, but because I know I am taking care of myself, I am doing it all.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #105  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
How are you doing on those jeans? I cannot wait to be a point where I am comfortable wearing them because as I got heavier over the years, I gave them up.

As one of the over 50's, I spent last week taking care of myself. After hearing of a third family member to have melanoma, I made an appointment for a physical, one for a dermatologist to check my entire body for anything (unfortunately the COMPLETE body), mammogram, dentist appointment.

I know that when I was heavier, I was embarrassed to see the doctors because I was ashamed of my weight and did not want to get talked to. I cannot say I like going any better, but because I know I am taking care of myself, I am doing it all.
Hey thanks for asking. I wore them to Costco today to stock up on veggies & salad. I'm shocked when I see my reflection in the freezer cases...is it really me? I went through all the medical stuff last month...physical, colonoscopy, mammogram, bone scan & blood work. Good test results on all. Maybe next year, I'll hit up the dermatologist. It's important to do the preventative exams & more importantly to make yourself a priority!
Closed Thread