Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #46  

I called the gym that is 2 blocks from my condo. I'm headed over there to join tomorrow. I'll be starting with a water zumba class at 9 am.

Until my back can handle other workouts (I'd LOVE to do spinning <sigh>) I'll be headed in there for all of their water classes. I'm just going to use one of my summer swimsuits for tomorrow but I'm already looking for swimsuits that can handle the chlorine.

Something has GOT to give on this !@#$% stall!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Lisa Good for you with the gym! I like and do water exercises in my pool all summer and do miss it the rest of the year, but my skin doesnt handle the chlorine in public pools. I get soooooo itchy. Our pool is very very low on chlorine DH has become a master chemist with the water. You will get that stall moving in no time. When I joined the gym it helped the scale get a bump.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #48  

I went to my 2nd aqua aerobics class in 2 days.

I'm going to have to ask the instructors how to make it harder. It didn't feel like much of a workout. I noticed it was harder for the gals who were more the size I used to be. Thank goodness for IP! I'm actually shocked the classes seemed so easy.

I just need to ease my back into working out again so I don't want to do anything too hard on the back at first, otherwise I'd hit up some of the more strenuous classes.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #49  

Lisa Whoo Hooo! Good for you!! Easier this time around is a good thing. Are you doing the class in the deep end? I've never done water yoga, but water aerobics, deep end where you are treading water, scissor kicks , trying to stay afloat. I'm sure your coach/teacher can help make it a bit harder for you.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #50  

The deep class is during my work day
Old 10-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 242/231/135

Height: 5'5.5"

In week 4 right now, I said I'd give it 30 days and reevaluate. Well, down 12 pounds and 6 1/2" inches, can't deny the numbers! I have a long way to go but I'm more than a 10th of the way there!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkHat View Post
In week 4 right now, I said I'd give it 30 days and reevaluate. Well, down 12 pounds and 6 1/2" inches, can't deny the numbers! I have a long way to go but I'm more than a 10th of the way there!
IP rocks. I have never found a diet I could stick to quite like it. Atkins produces ketosis but there are too many gray areas. I make HUGE loopholes for gray areas. IP has tight rules. I need that. Still can't believe how easy it has been. Make a daily plan. Stick to it. Have a plan B. Power-thru the cravings & come out stronger on the other side. That is my IP story "readers digest version"
Old 10-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi just popping in with a quick up date on Lisa (WUV) as many of you know her. She had her tummy tuck this morning, it went very well and doc said she is going to be very pleased with the results.

Pat
Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Hi just popping in with a quick up date on Lisa (WUV) as many of you know her. She had her tummy tuck this morning, it went very well and doc said she is going to be very pleased with the results.

Pat
Please send her my well wishes! She was such a wealth of advice and knowledge for me when I started IP.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post

Pat
Great News! I'm sure she will be so happy!
Old 10-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Sending her feel better wishes...I am sure she is happy but a bit uncomfortable at the moment.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #57  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Second this from Cindy and all.

BTW, hi Cindy. Don't think I've seen much of you lately, but I only have time to lurk on this thread.

Back up in Michigan in the cold. Even the locals are complaining about the early cold fall. We'll be here for a while unless something turns up for another job. Nothing yet.

Molly
Old 10-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #58  

Hi Molly! You are looking great!
I am back. I never do maintenance well. So I am back to phase 1 again. But I know where to go for help!
Great to see you
Old 10-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #59  

Since I was on IP last year I have gained 20 pounds back (Boo Hoo) and find that if I am not "on something" I gain. Maintenance feels like I am "off something". So I am on day 2 again of phase 1. So far so good. Not too hungry. Nice thing is I know the first 4 days will be difficult, but then it is easy. Sounds crazy going into the holidays on IP, but I just cannot stand it any more.
This is the best part of the program for me. I feel that if I am here with you all, new and old friends, I am more motivated and relaxed.
So thank you all. You are awesome. Thanks for being here for me 24-7!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #60  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

HI everyone. I've not been visiting this thread for a while, but thought I'd drop in today to see what was happening.

Delgen - Your experience sounds much like mine. Reached goal, was fine for a while, then allowed more sugar/carby things into my eating and the cravings came back... with resulting weight gain. I've re-started several times, and have been having a tough time staying committed, despite getting into 10+ days of successful P1 eating a couple of times and being in ketosis. As I reflect back these past few months when I've been actively trying to get re-started, I realize the situations that have tempted me are always related to social events ... not feeling comfortable declining what someone has made for a meal, when they obviously think that they have prepared a good low cal/low fat option, and don't realize it is still carb-laden and not good for my diet. Rather than run the risk of hurting their feelings, I eat a small portion ... and then my disappointment with myself results in my staying off my dieting for a few days - or weeks. And I gain another couple of pounds. I'm realizing that all of the time I was successfully dieting on IP last year/early this year, I didn't have social eating interactions that made me feel awkward...my 'away from home' eating experiences only involved totally supportive family members or friends. So strangely enough, I never found myself in that situation, even though I was dieting for the better part of a year.

I'm re-starting again today. And I also have committed in my mind to staying firmly 100% on a P1-style eating program for a minimum of 21 days. I have a business meeting coming up next Tues or Wedn which I will definitely need to plan for ... these are people who have just come into my life work-wise this year, and won't be familiar with my dieting habits. But I'm determined not to succumb to what I now realize has become a pattern.
Closed Thread