Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #361  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Happpy Monday down 2 lbs, just walked 3.5 miles and feeling great.
Hooray! Super job on the walking. You are doing awesome!

I can tell the difference in my weight loss when I walk. Walking is getting more enjoyable for sure. I'm looking forward to getting more weight off to feel even better walking.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #362  

Ugh
Just tried doing an initial WI to get a starting "score" for my re-start and my wii is broken. That's the only scale I have.

The console had fallen onto the tile floor before I went on vacation and I guess I never checked to see if actually WORKED (it turned on!).
So, I don't have a starting WI. I suspended my gym membership until August since I was on vacation so I guess I'm waiting until the 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post
Thank you Lisa & Liana!

Lisa - it's a find when you get something that really works for your body. I will check my local PBS for essentrics - taping them would be my preference as well.

Thinking I might return to Aquacizes to do some strengthening, as well. The running is great & uses core, but not strongly enough.
Essentials.com is called "classical stretch" on my PBS station. I did notice not all pbs stations carry it, as it was not available in Michigan when I was on vacation

I subscribed for a month to use during vacation. There are some short YouTube videos that might give you a little dele for it

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-29-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Most of you don't know me. Recently, I don't post much, but had great success on IP in 2013. I'm 65 and looking 66 down the bridge of my nose in a few weeks, and lost OVER 65 lbs last year in about 8 months. I've been off line a good bit the last few months..but have been reading and trying to stay current, esp with the members who have been around since my own journey to goal was unfolding.

Have a few thing to share with the newbies:

*I believe in daily weighing..get over yourself..that number is important. Take it as a plus. It's info on YOUR body. Learn to use it. It a necessity for managing your life after the "phases" . This is a lifelong journey and do not mistake that truth.

*100 % compliance (doesn't mean buying IP products ..alts work)... will buy you the best outcome ...faster.
How long do you think you have? At my age it was clear..why drag it out..

So .. you are 45 or younger...?
You should GRAB every day. You will live to regret not doing so. Everyone does not make it to 65. Read your local obits. Longer is the brass ring, esp if you have a weight issue. Quit kidding yourself about how young you are or are going to be around...

* Everyone does not deserve to know-understand or get to weigh in on your decision to do IP or a PSFB protocol!!!!
They also don't have a right to what you weighed before, after, or the total number of pounds you lost. Many..(I dare say most of us), are mortified we have gotten so overweight an extreme system to lose is necessary....even if there is a metabolic issue. MYOB is a natural response. More PC ...is to look them in the eye and say.."gee your questions/comments make me uncomfortable..." That's a show stopper..usually allowing you to change the subject..or...just ignore their response.NO one has the right to make you uncomfortable..or to discuss your weight ( esp if you are not present!! Sharing that info casually at any point will open that door for a long time..decide if you want that...and only you can make sure that does not happen). Now.
Of course there are some who are sincere..you MAY want to give more info..do be careful...most won't sign on...and will not be kind in future conversational reference.)

Be good to you. You deserve this. Get your head in the game...this losing stuff is the easy part. If you spend time and money now..you are investing in you. Figure out how you are going to maintain. Most of us have broken metabolism. You are not going to go back to donuts, pizza, daily wine and sugar. There may be a few who are on this journey who are not broken..but they do not have a significant, even shocking number of pounds or % of body weight to lose. A lot of other diets may well work for them . If you have not been successful elsewhere ....there is a reason.

Wishing everyone success in their journey, because I have tasted the honey. And it was not dessert.

Also..am realistic...and feel that message should be shared honestly.
Absolutely. My age plays a HUGE part in my attitude. I feel obligated to tell it like it is... Honesty can be unpopular..but it still has value.

Just because you are younger than I, is no guarantee you are going to get a chance to do this...later.

Many of us wish we had known about this 10 years ago..or more. Days lost can never be regained. Every day is a gift. I hope I did NOT miss my window. Everyone's is different. And no one knows what they got.

Celebrate today and your decisions... Hope for a wonderful tomorrow..everyday from now on! You deserve nothing less.
Oh, 65X65, how I have missed your wisdom and calm! I am so glad to se you on here as so much of what you say hits home with me. I just hit 60 an I am so happy to have made the changes to my life and health. I am happier, more sane, and just a little bit sexier (yes, I have noticed that part and it is fun!)

I will remember today to celebrate what I have accomplished and not to dwell on the last two weeks where I went wacko with food! The interesting thing is that NONE OF IT was as good as my mind remembered and craved. Nothing was as good as my previous healthy and kicking body felt.

You are right that as we get older, we must cherish each day and make decisions to support and nourish that. Thank you for your words.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Happy Tuesday, 3.5 mile walk this morning, love it! Before in 2012 when I lost 78 lbs I was not exercising but this time I have been walking. I have walked for the past 53 days and WOW such a difference mentally and physically.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #365  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh
Just tried doing an initial WI to get a starting "score" for my re-start and my wii is broken. That's the only scale I have.

The console had fallen onto the tile floor before I went on vacation and I guess I never checked to see if actually WORKED (it turned on!).
So, I don't have a starting WI. I suspended my gym membership until August since I was on vacation so I guess I'm waiting until the 1st.
It's hard to believe it's almost August. LOL one of my calendars still is on June. I better change it, but I am sort of in denial that the summer is racing past.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #366  

Hello AUGUST, lets all shoot for a perfect month. Off to walk this morning and lots of errands. Had a happy moment this morning and found a 100 dollar bill hiding in my wallet, man I could have used that like 5 times this week, lol. Now to pretend like I never saw it. Have a great day Ladies
Old 08-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Hello AUGUST, lets all shoot for a perfect month. Off to walk this morning and lots of errands. Had a happy moment this morning and found a 100 dollar bill hiding in my wallet, man I could have used that like 5 times this week, lol. Now to pretend like I never saw it. Have a great day Ladies
Darnit!, how come I only ever find toonies or a fiver? My mum used to hide a fifty in a special pocket of her wallet that was hard to get into, she always said, 'in case of emergencies'... although today a fifty won't get you out of much, lol.

Liana
Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #368  

Good morning, wishing all a great Sunday, tommrow is WI day feeling good about it. Just got back fr a 3 mile walk, saw 4 baby deer and 3 mamas.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #369  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Good morning, wishing all a great Sunday, tommrow is WI day feeling good about it. Just got back fr a 3 mile walk, saw 4 baby deer and 3 mamas.
That is a reward being out walking. Maybe if we lived in a farm area we might see them in the yard (my mother saw them come in to eat her apples - she chased them for a while, and then practically started to name them as her deer).

I got in 3 miles yesterday but that was over the day, shopping at Costco, walking a trail in a business part (oh, by the way who has a resident couple of bald eagles living in their swampy nature preserve area - very cool you can see them most times when you go looking for them - feels like domestic Eagles being in the suburbs and all), and just general around the house stuff. I bet you had far more than that when you add in other day stuff.

I tried on the rain coat that was put away because it was to small. We had thunder and rain yesterday. It fits nicely now. Of course then it stopped raining and the sun came out. Oh well, I'm ready now if I need it and won't have to wear that huge tent one that the arms have to be rolled up, etc anymore. I have another woman's raincoat that's from REI, with the Gortex and breathing vents, a hood that fits well, etc. I know rain coats are supposed to be roomy and all, but walking the dog in Washington State (the wet side of the state) - it's really nice to have a nice rain coat.

I got one of the Costco Boony hats yesterday. It looks like today will be the day to wear it as it's going to get up to 89 degrees the say. I should take this dew covered dog out this morning before it gets hot and walk her, and then again this evening. Just to justify the new hat purchase huh? Well it was on sale

Have a great rest of the weekend all.

Barb
Old 08-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #370  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I am heading out to mow the front lawn... this is like taking a walk, but with a bit more oomph... fortunately the mower is self propelled and the lawn is largely flat, so this is not the non IP type of exertion.

I have been on program for 3 and a half weeks now, so I think it is time to get into a regular walking routing and put my Fitbit into play to begin tracking my steps. I want to get a bit more conditioning happening so I can get back to dancing (ballroom and latin) more regularly. I miss it!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #371  

Hello all, well WI was ok 1.5 lbs was hoping for 2.5 but hey I like 1.50 I just felt like it was a little more because walking has been great. Walked 3.5 miles today, going to go for a perfect op week, have a great day everyone.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #372  
6/26/12 start 355

Weigh in today was exceptional. Then again I still have a lot to lose, but down 4 lbs this week. Not to jinx myself but I suspect I'll have a lull week coming soon enough.

My trip to GA all settled out and I averaged 3 lbs a week taking the four weeks (last weigh in, and two weeks gone, plus the week after) and averaging everything together. Flying sure messes with me and water retention - though I'm better now than in the past. I do get up and use the airline bathroom, and I drink water in flight. I used to make the flight without those things and stay glued to a window seat the whole time. Moving around does wonders. I took a aisle seat both ways this trip and when I had to get up for others to get out, I stood for a while.

Not much new here. I can really tell in my clothing fit of the changes happening. I took some too large clothing to good will this weekend, along with some of my son's clothing he bagged up. Ha I found some more clothing I didn't know I had in a bag, and it was already too big. Wish I'd known it was there earlier, but oh well.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #373  

Default Surfing video

This one's for you, westwillow... if he can do it, you can!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1494666/wa...ves-in-hawaii/

Liana
Old 08-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #374  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Liana - you crack me up! Great video post - thank you

Now I need to find somebody to stand me up on the board & then do the paddling behind me - no 'popping up' necessary
Old 08-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post
Liana - you crack me up! Great video post - thank you

Now I need to find somebody to stand me up on the board & then do the paddling behind me - no 'popping up' necessary
that's ok... you can just stay on 'all fours.' mwahahaha!
Closed Thread