3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/2/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
IP Start: 05/16/13
 
sarita75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 581

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Good morning all. Lots of good news out there and its okay Page 3 of the thread! Woot! Today is another busy and stressy day for me. Up early and at work so this is going to be short. I am, however, excited to be heading on the train to Sacramento this afternoon to spend some time with my boyfriend who is working there for the week. I like riding the train and I like seeing him so it is a great way to do some studying, see my guy and then head back in the morning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Good Morning! I've made a HUGE decision this morning and feel so much relief when i think about it! My scale is going in the cabinet! No more weighing at home-only the clinic! As much as I like to see the numbers change everyday, I think it's getting me to a point of obsessing and I don't want it to be like that!
That sounds like an awesome decision! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Good morning all - had my third weigh in on Monday, down another -4.6, for 12 pounds total loss since I started. Clothes are fitting better, and I FEEL sooo much better.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
WI #16 down 5.0 lbs (52 lbs total), .75 inches. Officially over the half-way mark.
Congrats to both for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
Day 2 of restarting after 6 months off... I dreamed last night that I ate a sandwich and afterwards I was devastated because I forgot I was back on IP! My subconscious even wants to be 100% on plan. That sealed the deal for me. I am in this thing deep! Lol
Ah the food dreams. Gotta love them. Congrats on Day 2 - stay strong!
__________________


Ideal Protein P1: 05/16/13; P3: 11/14/13; P4: 11/27/13
WI#1: -6.4; WI#2: -4.4; WI#3: -4.2; WI#4: -4.6; WI#5: - 2.2; WI#6: -3.3; WI#7: -2.9; WI#8: -0.8; WI#9: -5.6; WI#10: -4.4; WI#11: -1.3; WI#12: -1.8; WI#13: -3.3; WI#14: -1.7; WI#15: -1.8; WI#16: -2.4; WI#17: -3.1; WI#18: -2.9; WI#19: -0.9; WI#20: -2.2; WI#21: -1.5; WI#22 (missed); WI#23: -6.4; WI#24: -0; WI#25: -1.5; WI#26: -0.9; WI#27: increased, can't remember; WI#28: -1.4 (water retention reversal); WI#29: -2.6; WI#30: -1.4

Last edited by sarita75 : 10-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.
sarita75 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

First day on phase two, hoping all goes well for everyone today!!
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
On a mission!
 
Zictory75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Finger Lakes in NYS
Posts: 65

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here is my question:
What does scale obsession do for you?
You know the old adage a watched pot never boils.

The only people who should be daily monitoring their weights are the ones who can view it neutrally and keeping data to chart the weekly/monthly fluctuations. Frequent weighing will help in maintenance, but only if we know that our weight isn't a static thing (just like weight loss isn't linear) and that MANY factors affect water weight.

Lisa, I just want to say your advice is great, so level headed! I just feel better after reading your posts. Are you coaching? You should!
Zictory75 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Jenny38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Posts: 281

S/C/G: 282/163/170

Height: 5.6

Default

Good morning! Got a cold yesterday so took to day and tomorrow off work.
Congrats to everyone on their loses.
I'm still struggling with being awake in the night and feeling hungry.
I'm happy with my weight loss, 20lbs since I started IP Sept 9th. Can't wait to get my ticker tape.
Jenny38 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonhs View Post
I have tried the raspberry spread and it is good. It has a jelly like consistency and is difficult to spread but tastes good. Much better than the WF salad dressings - I find that they have a chemically taste (other than the 1000 island which is the only one I like) but I don't notice that taste with the raspberry spread.
Some of the dressings taste odd. But I guess we take what we can get with IP LOL. The Pbutter is not too bad on celery with cinnamon
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #36
On a mission!
 
Zictory75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Finger Lakes in NYS
Posts: 65

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Good morning all!

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for dealing with sleep deprivation. I have two small kids who wake up a lot, has been like this for 5 years. I know a big part of my weight gain (I was always heavy, but have gained about 60lbs in last 2 years) has been exhaustion. I eat caffeine and sugar to keep going... Now I have been op for 5 weeks and feel great, but every time my kids are up I fear falling back into patterns.....
Zictory75 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zictory75 View Post
Good morning all!

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for dealing with sleep deprivation. I have two small kids who wake up a lot, has been like this for 5 years. I know a big part of my weight gain (I was always heavy, but have gained about 60lbs in last 2 years) has been exhaustion. I eat caffeine and sugar to keep going... Now I have been op for 5 weeks and feel great, but every time my kids are up I fear falling back into patterns.....
I have a 2 year old who sleeps in our room who will toss and turn and semi wake up which requires me to lay by him and I get maybe 3 hours of sleep some nights! ANd I sleep propped up on my arm and it sucks! Also ds is cutting molars so that just adds to his misery some nights

I drank starbucks via iced coffee so much tht added to my weight

I feel your pain and I know how you feel. I am a SAHM but that does not mean boo, I am on the go from 6am until 11pm most of the time with zero down time.

momma hang in there, you can do it! (so can I )
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zictory75 View Post
Good morning all!

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for dealing with sleep deprivation. I have two small kids who wake up a lot, has been like this for 5 years. I know a big part of my weight gain (I was always heavy, but have gained about 60lbs in last 2 years) has been exhaustion. I eat caffeine and sugar to keep going... Now I have been op for 5 weeks and feel great, but every time my kids are up I fear falling back into patterns.....
I feel your pain! My son is 8 and still up lots during the night... And sleepwalks! Plus I work night shifts as a RN! Now my back is buggered again and I barely slept last night.
__________________


B team strong!!!!!!!
DJ72 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
I feel your pain! My son is 8 and still up lots during the night... And sleepwalks! Plus I work night shifts as a RN! Now my back is buggered again and I barely slept last night.
I am so sorry
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 886

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/177/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
WI #16 down 5.0 lbs (52 lbs total), .75 inches. Officially over the half-way mark.

Next goal = 165, which is my wedding weight, eighteen years ago.
I am chuckling because your two goals are the same as mine. The half way mark is probably expected, but for me the critical one emotionally is to be where I was when we got married 24 years ago.

So I have -55 as my first big goal (24 to go) and -71 for the next. Onwards and downwards!
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #41
On a mission!
 
Zictory75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Finger Lakes in NYS
Posts: 65

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I have a 2 year old who sleeps in our room who will toss and turn and semi wake up which requires me to lay by him and I get maybe 3 hours of sleep some nights! ANd I sleep propped up on my arm and it sucks! Also ds is cutting molars so that just adds to his misery some nights

I drank starbucks via iced coffee so much tht added to my weight

I feel your pain and I know how you feel. I am a SAHM but that does not mean boo, I am on the go from 6am until 11pm most of the time with zero down time.

momma hang in there, you can do it! (so can I )
Thank you sarahBEll! That is just what I needed to hear weCAN do it
Zictory75 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #42
On a mission!
 
Zictory75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Finger Lakes in NYS
Posts: 65

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
I feel your pain! My son is 8 and still up lots during the night... And sleepwalks! Plus I work night shifts as a RN! Now my back is buggered again and I barely slept last night.
Hang in there!!!
Zictory75 is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #43
Started IP August 14 2013
 
vachinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 336

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

Checking in to say HI and Happy Wednesday.

I had my first Doc appt with my primary physician since starting the plan and she was GREAT. (At least she noticed my weight loss LOL) She's all for losing weight in a way that works for me. She likes that I have supervision/check-ins, and that i'm hoping to get healthy enough to come off cholesterol meds. Her only misgiving was about how they transition me/us from "shakes" to regular food and I told her what I knew about the phases.

I am struggling with the every-day-scale-check monster BUT I'm starting to see that it's futile. I'll get there. I'm just a slow learner

My NSV ... wearing an older favorite dress today that I didn't think I could wear at this weight (hadn't been able to before). Proof that the INCHES count too!

Have a great on plan day everyone!

PS Got my flu shot today. Feel a little wonky...
__________________
CURRENTLY IN MAINTENANCE since March 2014

Last edited by vachinyc : 10-02-2013 at 01:25 PM.
vachinyc is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zictory75 View Post
Thank you sarahBEll! That is just what I needed to hear weCAN do it

Ds just fell asleep for his nap. I am making IP chili with some sautéed and steamed veggies (mushrooms, green peppers, spinach and zucchini) added into the chili to bulk it up. I need to get the dinner prepped for tonight, clean the kitchen and get laundry done all in 2 hours or so!

Then after dinner round three of cleaning up starts- home work, bath times, bed times, making sure everyone has everything ready for tomorrow. The weather is changing big time here and DS needs to wear his pants and heavy sweatshirt no more shorts!!

DD needs at least 3 1/2 hrs for her homework if not more and 2yo just needs mom or babba to play with him!
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Old 10-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 917

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Checking in to say HI and Happy Wednesday.

I had my first Doc appt with my primary physician since starting the plan and she was GREAT. (At least she noticed my weight loss LOL) She's all for losing weight in a way that works for me. She likes that I have supervision/check-ins, and that i'm hoping to get healthy enough to come off cholesterol meds. Her only misgiving was about how they transition me/us from "shakes" to regular food and I told her what I knew about the phases.

I am struggling with the every-day-scale-check monster BUT I'm starting to see that it's futile. I'll get there. I'm just a slow learner

My NSV ... wearing an older favorite dress today that I didn't think I could wear at this weight (hadn't been able to before). Proof that the INCHES count too!

Have a great on plan day everyone!
I bet you looked beautiful in your Old "New " dress !
__________________




Started IP on Sept. 13, 2013

"Since Light moves faster than sound, Someone may seem Bright until they speak"
sarahBell is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2