Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/2/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Links to attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past week. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy Hump Day!!!! I just love that camel commercial!!!!! Tonight is my WI day, but I have quit the clinic and have been doing alternatives for almost a week, I was doing 1/2 and 1/2 anyway. I am going to continue to make tonight that WI to keep things all equal. I am liking what the scale said this morning.

Have a wonderful OP day everyone!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! I posted this for maintainers but wanted to ask it here also;
Wondering your thoughts! I have a body builder at work who tells me that our lean mass going down means we are losing muscle. My coach says that number stands for everything but fat and therefore is expected to go down due to water loss. I'm thrilled with this protocol and want only to defend anything negative does anyone have any info?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and I hope everyone as a great OP day!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #5  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Woke up feeling sad/down today and having trouble shaking the feeling. Not even sure why. Hopefully my morning coffee kicks the bad mood out!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #6  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

in the 150'sssssss!!!! Stick with it yall!! Don't let anything or anyone get in your way! Put your mind to it & kick butt!!!
I only plan on staying on phase 1 til the end of this month. I at least want to get to 149. Hoping that staying 100% OP i'll get even lower!! I am now .4 away from being down 60lbs since the end of MAY!! CRAZY!! This plan works!! yippeeee!! Happy Wednesday!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #7  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Happy Hump Day!!!! I just love that camel commercial!!!!! Tonight is my WI day, but I have quit the clinic and have been doing alternatives for almost a week, I was doing 1/2 and 1/2 anyway. I am going to continue to make tonight that WI to keep things all equal. I am liking what the scale said this morning.
Your daily greetings are always so bright and cheery - match your great picture! I love that commercial too! LOL Good luck on your weigh in tonight! I feel those who do IP without a coach, and just on their own, are incredibly strong! Kudos to all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
in the 150'sssssss!!!! Stick with it yall!! Don't let anything or anyone get in your way! Put your mind to it & kick butt!!!
I only plan on staying on phase 1 til the end of this month. I at least want to get to 149. Hoping that staying 100% OP i'll get even lower!! I am now .4 away from being down 60lbs since the end of MAY!! CRAZY!! This plan works!! yippeeee!! Happy Wednesday!!!
GREAT, motivating message! Can I ask why you've set a specific date to go off of Phase 1, instead of until you reach your goal and then phase off like the protocol calls for? I just see this more and more and wondered how everyone makes these decisions. I know some change phases for health reasons, but that's different. I think I just have this fear of being on anything BUT Phase 1! Anyway, you are doing awesome!!

Last edited by slownsteady; 10-02-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

I am looking forward to my WI today. I am going to a new clinic this morning. I fired my old coach the other day, after she did not show up for our appointment. I have heard good things about this clinic, so I can't wait. I am not even thinking about the scale since I know those numbers can change from scale to scale. The only thing I regret is not having my measurements from when I started.

This morning I was thinking about the days when I was a teacher ( now I am a nurse), we used to start each day with a motivational quote and ended the morning announcements with
" Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours"
Have a great OP day.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Thank you all for the congrats yesterday for reaching Onederland - I'm still amazed and delighted on how quickly I got here And pleased at how good it feels!

My son is doing okay. He got tangled up with another boy in gym class yesterday and fell hard on his wrist. It started to swell so they called me to take him to the doctor. Trip to the doctor, quick x-ray and thankfully, nothing is broken. It looks like a good sprain. So, ice, tensor bandage and no sports for 5 days - thankfully hockey season hasn't started yet Of course it's his left wrist and he's left handed - I told him he didn't have to go to such extremes not to have to write in class

Happy "H" day!

Jo
Old 10-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

@ theEguarantee

Congratulations!!! I am hoping to be in the 150s this week. Haven't been there since I discovered beer
Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #11  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good Morning!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #12  

I am planning a controlled phase off for an upcoming vacation and since the links are not working I have a quick question. Phase 3 is 2 weeks? I am trying to plan my time. Thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #13  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Happy Hump Day indeed IPers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssEnKay View Post
Woke up feeling sad/down today and having trouble shaking the feeling. Not even sure why. Hopefully my morning coffee kicks the bad mood out!
Hope the coffee worked, it stinks when you can't shake a bad mood when you wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Congrats Equarantee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good morning everyone! Thank you all for the congrats yesterday for reaching Onederland - I'm still amazed and delighted on how quickly I got here And pleased at how good it feels!
Jo
Congrats Jo!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #14  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
I am planning a controlled phase off for an upcoming vacation and since the links are not working I have a quick question. Phase 3 is 2 weeks? I am trying to plan my time. Thanks
Phase 2 and phase 3 are each 2 weeks.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning! I've made a HUGE decision this morning and feel so much relief when i think about it! My scale is going in the cabinet! No more weighing at home-only the clinic! As much as I like to see the numbers change everyday, I think it's getting me to a point of obsessing and I don't want it to be like that!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread