Restarting today and looking for a buddy...

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Survived the surprise night out without a lot of damage!! I did eat things I shouldn't have but back on track yesterday!!!

Got my shipment from Nashua yesterday!!! Syntrax Nectar Wild Grape this morning was GREAT!!! Excited to try some of the others!!!
    Love your positive attitude! And grape drink??? Mmmmmm. Once I burn through some of the stuff I have around here I might look at getting me some of that!
    I am working night shift tonight and not looking forward to it. On the good side, my Chiropracter did a great job yesterday and my SI joint is no longer locked.
    Once the back spasms get gone then I will be one happy gal!
    Need some sunshine around here. Gloomy days makes me do tired!
    Had an egg and three whites instead of a shake this morning. Was good! I love food. Lol
  • Quote: I love food. Lol
    . ...

I love food too!!! Trying to love the right kinds more!!!!

Glad you're able to get relief for your back!! Back problems are bad company..mine behave setter when I'm not overweight,,, another reason to lose!!!
  • Hi everyone. I reached goal in May, phased off properly and maintained quite well for the first 3 months or so - up a few lbs but still at what I consider the max of a healthy range for me. Then I got a terrible flu and felt awful for about 2 weeks... it was during that time that I started eating processed soups and the occasional packaged frozen entrée, etc. for convenience and started slipping back into my former bad habits. I resorted to using them initially because I felt so lousy I wasn't up to standing in the kitchen and doing much food prep - using processed soups and entrees was my solution. However I didn't take myself in hand after recovering, and between June to September I've regained a chunk of weight because I basically just had days when I ate what I wanted (ice cream has been a trigger for me, along with simple carbs and sugars)... and threw caution to the wind. But I don't like how my 'skinniest' clothes are not fitting me now - or what the scale is showing me - and know I have to put a stop to this and get back on track. So I re-started last Wednesday 100% OP (using alternative products) and have been firmly on track since then. I can tell I'm in ketosis again - carb cravings have stopped, appetite curbed, lots of energy and I'm waking early - plus I always get that 'grungy teeth' feeling early on when I first get into ketosis. I'll be on P1 until Christmas time... will decide, depending on my weight as we get closer to that date as to whether to phase off or just coast through Christmas this year on P1.

I've also learned that for me it's more motivating to use how clothes fit as an indicator of regain, rather than the scale alone. Somehow it doesn't register as much when the scale shows a few lbs regain...to me I still look good and I rationalize that way that those extra 5 lbs or so really don't make that much difference! ... but it really is an eye opener that hits me in the gut when my smallest jeans that fit perfectly back in April now won't zip up! (I'm 62 and most of this regain has gone to the stomach/midrift area... I'm a classic apple shape).

So - hope you guys don't mind if I join your thread? I was pretty active around here all last year right up to April when I phased off... I still hang out at the Maintainers thread... but I think it would be good to be part of a group that is facing the same challenge right now as me with a re-start.

We can do it!
  • good luck!
    I'm starting again today too after almost a year and a half. Really needed to get back and I woke up with a new attitude ready to start back up on this weight loss journey. Good luck!!
  • Quote: I'm starting again today too after almost a year and a half. Really needed to get back and I woke up with a new attitude ready to start back up on this weight loss journey. Good luck!!
    Count me in too...Im back again and im struggling and with all the issues around that have kept me on track need to be set aside. I have to keep focused and strict to myself to succeed. I been put in a position as caregiver and its thrown me off my eating in a big way. I need to get back into ketosis also and find more choices for my evening meals that are legal. im excited about have so many buddies !!!!
    im going to start with a small challenge to myself....
  • Hey All!
    I restarted about a week ago and am struggling ... first few days were easy, but I don't know what my problem is this time. The first time I did this ... the first month was simple ... Now, I am struggling.
    I guess all the people I am around are those types that can eat what they want, when they want ... and they lose weight. Which is difficult, since this is family and some friends.

So -- what are some sites that we can go to for food (IP products/alternatives) that are somewhat cheaper ... Some of these sites are too expensive!
  • Quote: Survived the surprise night out without a lot of damage!! I did eat things I shouldn't have but back on track yesterday!!!

Got my shipment from Nashua yesterday!!! Syntrax Nectar Wild Grape this morning was GREAT!!! Excited to try some of the others!!!
    Great job!!! You did it!
    Let me know how that grape tastes! Might be having to buy some!
  • I am on my 4th week and would love to join the buddy thread 12 lbs down and 16.50 inches.
    We can do this!!
  • Quote: I am on my 4th week and would love to join the buddy thread 12 lbs down and 16.50 inches.
    We can do this!!
    Hey! Hi! And great job! I hope I can be as big of a loser as you! Haha! Where else can you say that and it not be rude?
    We need all the buddies we can get here! Safety in numbers!
  • Today is my first day. I really need to look for food ideas with the veggies keep me going. Didnt realize that 2 cups of veggies is ALOT!
  • Quote: Today is my first day. I really need to look for food ideas with the veggies keep me going. Didnt realize that 2 cups of veggies is ALOT!
    It does feel like that somedays but honestly somedays I can eat more!!! I find broccoli and cauliflower pretty filling but spinach and greens vanish when sautéed. Lol. I like to sauté cabbage in a little coconut oil or roast peppers. Rutabaga fries are my favourite but only twice a week because they are limited. Turnip fries aren't but I don't like them as much. Those are my favourite veggies. I am looking for suggestions too!
  • Quote: It does feel like that somedays but honestly somedays I can eat more!!! I find broccoli and cauliflower pretty filling but spinach and greens vanish when sautéed. Lol. I like to sauté cabbage in a little coconut oil or roast peppers. Rutabaga fries are my favourite but only twice a week because they are limited. Turnip fries aren't but I don't like them as much. Those are my favourite veggies. I am looking for suggestions too!
    hi, was just wandering why you use coconut oil to sauté with, Ive got to find more veggie recipes that are legal myself. Hopefully we will get some ideas and sites we can check out. thanks for mentioning the rutabaga fries, which ive never had and no idea of frying them...
  • Buddy system
    Hey everyone!! I would love to be part of this group I am on my 4th week, the first two weeks I did great, I was motivated & excited about the program. Unfortunately last week didn't go so well. I'm not sure why it was so hard for me, but I gave into my cravings & screwed up the diet. I'm at beginning of week 4 & I'm doing good, but I'm afraid I'll give into those cravings again. How do all of you stay motivated? If you get a craving, or other people are eating junk food around you, how do you stay strong? Good luck to all of you & let's stick together, asking questions & motivating each other!
  • Quote: hi, was just wandering why you use coconut oil to sauté with, Ive got to find more veggie recipes that are legal myself. Hopefully we will get some ideas and sites we can check out. thanks for mentioning the rutabaga fries, which ive never had and no idea of frying them...
    Coconut oilis safer at a higher temperature than olive oil or grape seed oil. I use grape seed oil on my salads.
    I have been told that using coconut oil is an approved alternative. And ilike the taste too. Some may argue that it is not on the sheet, but I am choosing to use it because it is safer and healthier. That is why I do not post in the 100% i thread... I have now joined the 90% thread too.
    I love all the buddies we have here. SAFETY IN NUMBERS!!!!
  • I'm restarting today...I'll be your buddy too!