My reintroduction.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone. I was a part of this site and the Ideal Protein Diet over two years ago. I lost most of the weight I wanted, And sadly and ashamedly, I gained it all back and then some. I got really depressed and stressed with school and stopped caring. I knew that if I didn't come back to this site, starting over with this diet wouldn't be the same or as easy, but I also knew it would be one big walk of shame. So here I am, I guess, lol. I hope to be able to support anyone here with my past success story, and also be able to receive support from all of you! Thank you!
  • Welcome back. I am sorry that you stopped caring before, but am glad that you must be caring now so you are back! Wishing to lots of success!
  • Thanks! That means a lot!
  • Welcome back. You can only start where you are! And the choice to start is a good one. At least you know now that the diet works and what the pitfalls are. We are all rooting for you!
  • Right here with you. Restarting tomorrow!
  • Welcome back hopefully this round goes a little easier
  • Welcome back! I am back for my second (and final!) time around.
  • Thanks from all of you for the kind words and motivation. I'm glad there are others like me (it's unfortunate! But I feel less alone!) And I know we can all do it this time!
  • Yay! Hello and welcome back! I too live in Las Vegas and am restarting. I am about 5 days in. I initially lost 36lbs in about 12 weeks, but like you, life happened and I had an unfortunate event occur that made me quite down for a while. I gained 20lbs back. But that's ok, I am here to stay now I love the IP program and it has been a good program for me and so many! So glad to have you back in the community !
  • WELCOME BACK! Nothing to be ashamed of. You know where home is. I'm not writing much these days, but I read daily and its so much fun to see how well everyone is doing. I've been on since Jan 15th and have lost 85 pounds now. I was off for two months during an unexpected emergency, but didn't gain any weight even though I ate like a pig. I felt so much better while on the diet , though. And went back on as soon as I got back home from out of state. Instantly felt better. BTW. I think one of the best ways to fight the blues is to do something spectacular for yourself, like lose a bunch of weight. Helps to put you back in the drivers seat, even when other parts of life may be termporarily bleak. I weighed just a bit more than you do know, and am so happy with all I've lost and how much better I feel. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • So wondering.... When you start again does the weight come off slower than it did the first go round for most? Just don't wanna get my hopes too high. First time I lost 7 lbs in the first week, 4 in the 2 then only 1-2 after that.
  • Quote: So wondering.... When you start again does the weight come off slower than it did the first go round for most? Just don't wanna get my hopes too high. First time I lost 7 lbs in the first week, 4 in the 2 then only 1-2 after that.
    I'm also curious about this. I'm debating about phasing off for the holidays. But I'm on such a roll right now, I wonder if I should just keep going. Don't want to lose momentum.
  • Quote: I'm also curious about this. I'm debating about phasing off for the holidays. But I'm on such a roll right now, I wonder if I should just keep going. Don't want to lose momentum.
    I phased off for my holiday in Jamaicalast year. Never did get totally back on track. It is all about self discipline and I lacked it! I will phase off for a Vegas holiday in Dec but believe you me I will be careful with what I eat/ drink because I not making that mistake again!
  • Quote: Thanks from all of you for the kind words and motivation. I'm glad there are others like me (it's unfortunate! But I feel less alone!) And I know we can all do it this time!
    This is my 2nd go around too. I just know I'm going to do it this time. So will you
  • I decided yesterday I was starting back after about a month off... It has been a train wreck!!! Absolutely NO self control!!!! I drank my water and did good until late afternoon....

Will try again tomorrow!!