Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #61  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I hit goal this morning! 50 lbs lost since May 13th!
Woo-Hoo!!! Congratulations! Well done!!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #62  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hi Lovelies,

I had WI #5 and I'm down 1lb...BUT!!! I had a sharp increase to my FAT percentage because I made some blended veggies to add to my soup mix and I used homemade chicken stock that I froze before I started IP. PLUS last week I bought coffee for breakfast and added a splash of half n half, so silly!! So, week 5 I lost a pound and 1.5 inches and had a spike in body fat. I knew I was getting careless... Ironically, I went out on Saturday night to a bar with friends and didn't crave or miss alcohol at all. It's just the little careless slip ups that got me this week.

Next week is my last WI before a 2 week trip to Canada. I have sufficient IP foods to bring and plan to stay OP during the trip. I just need to be mindful of too much sightseeing/walking (since I've lost quite a bit of lean mass so far) and I really don't want to add a fourth packet.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
I don't remember what that thingy-majig is called, but the thing they use to measure body fat/lean mass, etc....from what I have heard it is notoriously unreliable. I just can't see how adding blended veggies and homemade chicken stock to your soup, or a splash of half & half would up your body fat that much. All through this journey I have had high weeks, low weeks, zero loss weeks, and gain weeks. I use chicken stock when sauteing veggies; store bought. I try to find the lowest fat one out there but I use it a lot! I also add 2% milk to my tea in the mornings, several times per week.

I am sure there are others with more specific knowledge that is based on scientific information. I just don't think those are really bad slip ups.

As for vacation....we recently returned from vacation and were sightseeing, and walking, walking, shopping, shopping, walking.....on and on. I added a hard boiled egg and some extra protein at dinner on most days and lost 3 lbs that week! I think you need to listen to your body while you are gone and eat extra protein if you do a lot of activity.

By the way, thanks to everyone for the high fives!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Thanks to all with the kind words. I'm trying to not beat myself up too much, but recognize that I don't like how I feel or felt while not on plan, and that is really my biggest motivator for getting back on the ride and sticking to it.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #64  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Thanks to all with the kind words. I'm trying to not beat myself up too much, but recognize that I don't like how I feel or felt while not on plan, and that is really my biggest motivator for getting back on the ride and sticking to it.
ktgrrl - I'm in the NOVA area so if you ever need to speak/meet with someone who can help support you, just PM me.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #65  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I don't remember what that thingy-majig is called, but the thing they use to measure body fat/lean mass, etc....from what I have heard it is notoriously unreliable. I just can't see how adding blended veggies and homemade chicken stock to your soup, or a splash of half & half would up your body fat that much. All through this journey I have had high weeks, low weeks, zero loss weeks, and gain weeks. I use chicken stock when sauteing veggies; store bought. I try to find the lowest fat one out there but I use it a lot! I also add 2% milk to my tea in the mornings, several times per week.

I am sure there are others with more specific knowledge that is based on scientific information. I just don't think those are really bad slip ups.

As for vacation....we recently returned from vacation and were sightseeing, and walking, walking, shopping, shopping, walking.....on and on. I added a hard boiled egg and some extra protein at dinner on most days and lost 3 lbs that week! I think you need to listen to your body while you are gone and eat extra protein if you do a lot of activity.

By the way, thanks to everyone for the high fives!
dak1lls, thank you. I would hope that unreliability is the case because it's reading that of the 20lbs I've lost, 12 of it is lean muscle mass. I don't know...
Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #66  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Good luck to you. I know you can do this. Sometimes it takes a kick in the butt to get going again in the right direction. Yours is probably that you are feeling sick from eating off plan.

One of my biggest worries is how I will feel when I reintroduce some old foods back in and whether they will make me sick. IP is so easy for me now, that I am a little anxious about phasing off and what maintenance will be like for me.

It is my sincere belief that I have turned a corner in how I think of food and will cook moving forward. You have first hand experience that a moment's satisfaction just isn't worth it. Who needs it!? You got this!

Old 09-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #67  

Congrats everyone on reaching goals today!!

Question - Lately I have been craving something besides plain water. What are some good substitutes? I have been drinking Canada Dry, Sparkling Seltzer H2O - The lemon lime and regular flavors. Are these okay to be drinking while on IP?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #68  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Love this board! I do feel like we're all in this together.

Wanted to add that my IP video the other day included the recipe for IP mango drink/2 cup spinach smoothie. I gave it a whirl, not expecting much, but it was AWESOME!! Weird green color, but so tasty, and made a LOT. Even my 11 year old wanted some. I had to growl at her to leave my food alone! (but made one for her later).
Old 09-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #69  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I still can't quite get multi-quoting to work so I'd like to add:

I had one of those family issues this weekend where not only did no one comment on my 20 lb loss, but they also critiqued my food. "Sure seems like a lot to eat. That's a huge amount of chicken and salad - more than I could eat " says my naturally thin brother who has made snide comments about my weight in the past.

)
Vachinyc - there's a dynamic in families and everyone has a role - some are built and some are forced on you. I was the chubby pretty one who was going to be barefoot and pregnant by the time I was 16. So, BA at 20, MA at 22, bought my first house at 26.....and they sometimes still treat me like the chubby pretty airhead they decided was my role in the family dynamic.

You've got the role in your family of being the overweight one maybe - and if you aren't overweight and are actively working to change that, you upset the whole dynamic - so siblings, parents, even spouses sometimes try to say and do things to force you back into your designated role. Most of the time, they don't even know they're doing it. So be mindful of this, so when it happens, you can kinda sit back and say to yourself "ahhh, this is the whole role thing and I'm breaking character and they're struggling with it." It's not that they want you to be necessarily a certain way, it's that if your role changes and does so at your will, what does that mean about them? Hang in there, I think you look MARVELOUS!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Congrats to everyone with their losses and NSVs.

I fired my coach today!!! I went for my WI and guess what, she didn't show. I was not happy, but I didn't like her anyway. So while I was in the parking lot at her center, I called another center that someone on here recommended and made an appointment.

I don't feel bad about it at all. I am paying good money for her services and the LEAST she could do is show up.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #71  

I'm having a stressful day and ate half the box of my daughters yogurt raisins... I calculated and I'm at 29 carbs for the day and around 15 sugar (I know, I know!). I was supposed to have one more packet today, should I skip it and just have the veggies for dinner? Or is today a complete write off entirely? Omg I suck...
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #72  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

SO, my husband came home from work and said he is STARVING and can't do IP. lol.. I asked if he had the extra packet I sent him with, no he didn't. And he said he weighed at lunch and gained four lbs. LOL he makes me laugh. I tried to explain to him that the first few days suck and that he didn't gain 4 lbs of fat since breakfast, but his mind was on the chips and salsa in the cupboard. At least he gave it a try and can't give me any grief as I am almost 12 weeks in.

Quote:
WOOOO HOOO!! Way to go!!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Decided to treat myself today so I got the kind of protein that I love...wild Alaskan King salmon, big shrimp, big fresh turkey breast. There are going to be some good dinners coming up this week.

Also splurged on organic purple sage to see how that works for kale chips. Yum. First time in weeks that I am "hungry" but I know that part of it is mental.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #74  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Congrats! Amazing job!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

Default Major NSV!

I had a great NSV yesterday! A blind man noticed my weight loss!

True story. Every week, we visit my husband's family on Sunday night. His dad has macular degeneration and he only has peripheral vision. I have not said much to my husband's family about what I'm doing and they have not commented. I've lost more than 30 pounds and almost reached my goal weight, but if my sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews have noticed, they haven't said anything. I have never in my adult life been this small. So yesterday I walked in (wearing a fabulous new skirt with the blouse TUCKED IN) and my cute father-in-law tells me, "I had to do a double take to make sure that was you. You are a lot smaller than you used to be." We've never talked about my diet. He didn't know I was on one.

You know you're doing something right when a blind man can tell you've lost weight.
Closed Thread