Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #16  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

NSV for me! I had to invest in dress clothes for work this weekend. I'm down from a 22/24 (3x) shirt (which was getting too tight) to a 14(xl) shirt and down from a 24 pant to a 16 pant. Bra down from a 46C to a 38DD.

Still many more pounds to go, but shopping for smaller sizes felt good!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #17  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

My DH did the first 4 1/2 moths of IP with me, he's been on maintenance since early August. He still eats a P1 dinner with me each night, but now he burns calories so fast I have to make sure he eats enough through out the day or he keeps losing weight. I sooooooo wish I had his metabolism!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #18  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I hit goal this morning! 50 lbs lost since May 13th!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
That's so awesome! I'm hoping to hit goal by the end of October, it's another 10 pounds away for me. My dream would be to lose another 10 after that but I'm not sure if that's possible. You must feel so amazing though to hit goal! Way to go!!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #20  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I am so happy for you! Keep us posted on how you do in maintenance. How do you feel now, looking back on your journey? Any words of wisdom to those of us still on our journey to goal??

Congratulations again, your profile pic is amazing too!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
HUGS!!! That is so COOL!! COngrats!!!!

**launches the Confetti cannons ** in Honor of you reaching goal!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #22  
sugar is the devil

So there was a pot luck at work last night. My first official one since starting IP (minus all the leftover snacks I occ come across). I was told about this in Friday and to bring something last night. After humming and hawing, I couldn't figure out what to bring that was appropriate for me to eat and others would like (besides a veggie tray). Also, I don't like making stuff in case cat or dog hair accidentally gets into the dish. So I would have had to go to the grocery store, out of my way, to get something for other people that I probably couldn't eat myself. Then I figured I wouldn't really be able to eat anything that other people would bring either. So I decided not to participate. Didn't bring anything and didn't eat anything (besides my own IP pudding and some veggies). I actually avoided the table and didn't even look at the food. No temptations . People were asking why I wasn't eating but were quite accepting once I told them of my diet redirections. Go me !
Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #23  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
So there was a pot luck at work last night. My first official one since starting IP (minus all the leftover snacks I occ come across). I was told about this in Friday and to bring something last night. After humming and hawing, I couldn't figure out what to bring that was appropriate for me to eat and others would like (besides a veggie tray). Also, I don't like making stuff in case cat or dog hair accidentally gets into the dish. So I would have had to go to the grocery store, out of my way, to get something for other people that I probably couldn't eat myself. Then I figured I wouldn't really be able to eat anything that other people would bring either. So I decided not to participate. Didn't bring anything and didn't eat anything (besides my own IP pudding and some veggies). I actually avoided the table and didn't even look at the food. No temptations . People were asking why I wasn't eating but were quite accepting once I told them of my diet redirections. Go me !
That's so cool. You figured out what was right for YOU, and did it. Way to go. It's good to be selfish once and a while to take care of yourself and to remove temptation. Go you!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #24  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! After a great weekend on plan (in fact, the whole three weeks I've been on the program, I haven't strayed once) I had an emergency this morning as I forgot my lunch kit with my protein packs for the day. Panicked, I went down to the company cafeteria and ordered an egg-white omelet (3 egg whites). My plan is to decrease the amount of meat I have tonight for dinner in compensation. Is that the right thing to do? Confused now of how much that equates to my evening meat - is it the equivalent of 3 oz? 4 oz? More?

Lunch is handled, my darling husband is bringing me my lunch and supplements. I could NOT face going all morning with nothing for breakfast. Definitely a lesson learned to keep some emergency supplies in my desk and purse

I also got a peppermint herbal tea - is that ok? Haven't drunk it yet and won't until I can figure out if it's OP. Ugh.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #25  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yay! Yay! Congratulations! So inspiring, really happy for you!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #26  

I'm trying to find some alternative products. I've read through the archived alternatives thread but can't load the attachments to compare ingredients... Do you expert ladies think this is ok? It's ProtiDiet Hot Cocoa mix, 90 calories, total carbs is 5 and sugars is 2. Protein is 15 grams. Any ideas if this will be ok? I figure I should use it as a restricted item...
Old 09-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
I'm trying to find some alternative products. I've read through the archived alternatives thread but can't load the attachments to compare ingredients... Do you expert ladies think this is ok? It's ProtiDiet Hot Cocoa mix, 90 calories, total carbs is 5 and sugars is 2. Protein is 15 grams. Any ideas if this will be ok? I figure I should use it as a restricted item...
Why were you thinking restricted?
This is smack-dab in the unrestricteds. (unless fat is high?)

Even IP products have some sugars.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #28  

Oh, great then! Thanks Lisa! I guess I assumed the word "chocolate" would mean it's restricted. Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Dak1lls- you go girl!! Great inspiration.

Day 4- I felt pretty tired yesterday at work started yawning at about 4:00pm, after getting off came home to hubby with a migraine I grilled porkchops, chicken breast and steak on the grill for the week. Also made salads in a jar which fits in all 2 cups of veggies. So I am prepped and ready for the week, due to how I work I have to be ready at all times if not I don't make good decisions.
I forgot to mention that my doc/ coach isn't weighing me until Oct 8th which is 12 days into plan. My blood pressure was up the day I went in (I just come from a super stressful presentation review with big leaders in our company) so I think that's why. But anyway she wants to do bloodwork when I go in. She is going to weigh in with me she was on the prof. But didn't go through maint. Like you should so she is starting with me which is pretty cool.

So I'm praying today will be a great day and I will be back to my energetic self without a headache.

Last edited by Misstiff; 09-30-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #30  

Quote:
Congrats!!! That is great!!!

And Congrats to everyone for staying OP today! Especially through cupcake making!!

I finally got some gumption and asked to change coaches. I met with my dr. (who also did the program) and she said- you are paying so much for this why would you put with bad coaching! Go tell them you want to change now! (she is not affiliated with the program besides as a dieter, but it was nice to hear from someone else!) So, I asked to switch to her coach! I feel like of like a traitor since my coach was really nice as a person, but I need more actual coaching than just weighing in and listening to her boyfriend troubles. I'll let you know how it goes when I meet with the new one.

Also, as an update about the hair loss thing- my dr. told me that losing so much hair could have been due to the confluence of IP and the BC I was on- so she switched me to another one. I have to wait a month to see if it helps, but since a lot of people were having the hair loss issue (not just a little loss mind you, but losing handfuls everyday- you might want to check with you GYN about BC too if you are on BC). I also had my thyroid checked and will see what the test results say.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread