3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Monday 9/30/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #31
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 138

S/C/G: 184.4/134/137

Height: 5'4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I hit goal this morning! 50 lbs lost since May 13th!
CONGRATS!!!!! SO excited for you and your size 6!!!
ecdcslim is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #32
Restarting IP 100%
 
sandralosingweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default

Hello everyone,

Nice to hear all these positive stories, way to go everyone who is sticking 100% OP.

I just started my second week and I feel great, DH started noticing that it is serious this time, no playing around and he even noticed that I am not as "swollen" as I was.

Question, did any of you on IP did a 5k run while on the program? If yes, please let me know if you adjusted anything in your eating before and after. DH wants us to do the run for the cure as a family since his mom is a breast cancer survivor and now she has another kind of cancer, I am far from being an athlete, I don't like running, but not sure if I should make the effort, I'm leaning towards telling him that I can't.

Please let me know.
__________________

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan.
Started a journey of juicing:

www.sandrajuicing.weebly.com
sandralosingweight is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #33
My own kind of beautiful
 
Deana509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 257

S/C/G: 334/See Ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default

Man, this weather today is killing me.... My head is throbbing, and I didn't want to get out of bed .... I love fall weather, but I can't wait til the weather changes over so I don't have to deal with the aches and pains of it!
I've been surprising myself with how much I don't miss certain foods.... I've been tempted too much by my friends and their choices in foods and desserts and it doesn't even phase me! So happy! I have a new found love of researching recipes, especially ones I can do in the microwave, since I don't have access to an oven in my dorm room....
Have a marvelous OP week everyone!
__________________


My blog

short term goal:


IP Starting date: September 13th, '13
SW: 334, Now: Officially over 100lbs lost!

Last edited by Deana509 : 09-30-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Deana509 is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 76

Height: 5'-8"

Default

Okay apparently I don’t know how to navigate this sight well. I realize there is an alternative thread, however the thread I found was locked (no more postings). I am looking at this bodylogix vegan protein I found at Shoppers drugmart (for those Canadians out there).
The Vanilla has
125 Cal (10 from fat)
Total Fat 1g (no Saturated or Trans)
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 260mg
Total Carbohydrate 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 3g
Sugars Alcohols 6g
Protein 25g
Cals and sodum is slightly higher then IP and then the Sugars Alchohols is something that has been lost on me completely. I would add them together and say there was 9g of Sugar and to me this is extremly high.

Anyone out there like to voice opinions on this?
I really like this Protien b/c it is Dairy, Soy and Gluten Free. But I really would like to keep things within Regulations.
willsea is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #35
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 837

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
Okay apparently I donít know how to navigate this sight well. I realize there is an alternative thread, however the thread I found was locked (no more postings). I am looking at this bodylogix vegan protein I found at Shoppers drugmart (for those Canadians out there).
The Vanilla has
125 Cal (10 from fat)
Total Fat 1g (no Saturated or Trans)
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 260mg
Total Carbohydrate 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 3g
Sugars Alcohols 6g
Protein 25g
Cals and sodum is slightly higher then IP and then the Sugars Alchohols is something that has been lost on me completely. I would add them together and say there was 9g of Sugar and to me this is extremly high.

Anyone out there like to voice opinions on this?
I really like this Protien b/c it is Dairy, Soy and Gluten Free. But I really would like to keep things within Regulations.
I can't attach anything right now but it looks as though this falls perfectly within the guidelines of alternatives for an unrestricted. The protein is a little higher than IP products, but I use a protein powder every morning that is 25g and it has not affected my losses.

Also, I have found that searching within the web site is a bit difficult for me as well. I go to google and just search for certain terms; ideal protein alternatives 3fatchicks. This usually takes me to the info on 3FC and I can check out the results and usually find what I am after.

If a thread is locked it only means you can't post in it anymore. You can still go into it and read everything. Also, you may see other threads that were opened when the old one reached the max posts of 500. There are so many alternative threads, but it is well worth reading through them. I have been on alts since about week 8, and it took me 8 weeks to feel ready to make the switch, after reading through so much information. I probably needed to get my IP feet under me before doing so as well, to build my confidence that I could do this on my own: and with the help of my 3FC family.
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
Restarting IP 100%
 
sandralosingweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
Okay apparently I donít know how to navigate this sight well. I realize there is an alternative thread, however the thread I found was locked (no more postings). I am looking at this bodylogix vegan protein I found at Shoppers drugmart (for those Canadians out there).
The Vanilla has
125 Cal (10 from fat)
Total Fat 1g (no Saturated or Trans)
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 260mg
Total Carbohydrate 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 3g
Sugars Alcohols 6g
Protein 25g
Cals and sodum is slightly higher then IP and then the Sugars Alchohols is something that has been lost on me completely. I would add them together and say there was 9g of Sugar and to me this is extremly high.

Anyone out there like to voice opinions on this?
I really like this Protien b/c it is Dairy, Soy and Gluten Free. But I really would like to keep things within Regulations.
Hello

Liz posted this yesterday and this is how you could see if you can use a product as an alternative:

Not sure how to post the picture in here, but I attached it for you.

Best if 12-15 g. protein
Best if 0-5 carbs
Best if 0 fat
__________________

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan.
Started a journey of juicing:

www.sandrajuicing.weebly.com

Last edited by sandralosingweight : 09-30-2013 at 11:36 AM.
sandralosingweight is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #37
Restarting IP 100%
 
sandralosingweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default

Sorry, it seems that the picture is not being attached for a reason, but you can see it under this link:

First week on ideal protein and having a hard time!!! Need some questions answered
__________________

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan.
Started a journey of juicing:

www.sandrajuicing.weebly.com
sandralosingweight is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #38
Workin' It
 
SuzieV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 199

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
NSV for me this weekend....I needed some new dress pants for work because the 8's I had recently purchased at Goodwill were getting saggy in the butt. I ended up with 3 pair of size 6!!!!!!! I was in high school,the last time I wore a size 6! The down side to this is that my butt has disappeared and now I am wondering if I should buy those padded underwear.
Man I'm with you on the padded underwear That's how I know I need to go down a size is when my jeans start sagging on my backside. Never-ever thought I would have that problem.
__________________
SuzieV is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #39
Workin' It
 
SuzieV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 199

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I've been surprising myself with how much I don't miss certain foods.... I've been tempted too much by my friends and their choices in foods and desserts and it doesn't even phase me! So happy! I have a new found love of researching recipes, especially ones I can do in the microwave, since I don't have access to an oven in my dorm room....
Have a marvelous OP week everyone!
YOU are doing AMAZING! My daughter is in college and I know the temptations your are facing. Keep on rockin' the plan...we are ALL pulling for you
__________________
SuzieV is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #40
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,826

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Sorry, it seems that the picture is not being attached for a reason, but you can see it under this link:

First week on ideal protein and having a hard time!!! Need some questions answered
Attachments aren't working on 3FC right now. It has been reported & has been going on for over a week.

However, when pics are in Flickr, they can be linked. That seems to work and is how I posted the info on the other thread.

Willsea: Here is the alternative thread, as well.
Alternative products that will work on Phase 1
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
PurpleMomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 238/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I hit goal this morning! 50 lbs lost since May 13th!
Woohoo, congrats!

Jo
__________________
Back at P1 February 4, 2014!

PurpleMomster is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #42
support, not criticism
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: It's Canada Baby!
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Congratulations... for meeting your goal!!! resisting cupcakes, sticking OP and for the losses.

I am feeling kind of tired and headachy today. Not sure what is up with that, but it is annoying.

NSV for me was going through my closet this weekend and trying on all the pants I have. All my 16s are getting a little baggy and the 14s are tight but I can get them on!!! I put all my 18s in a pile to donate. It made me quite anxious and I kept thinking that I should keep a couple just in case but then I thought, if I ever have to buy size 18 pants again, then I deserve to have to go and buy them!

Have a great day everyone!
__________________


Start IP Aug 11/13 219
Mini-goal #1 - ONEderland MET Sep 14/13!!
Mini-goal #2 - 190 by vacation on Oct 13 Close... 191 on Oct 13
Mini-goal #3 - 42 lost by 42
shannonhs is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everyone,

Nice to hear all these positive stories, way to go everyone who is sticking 100% OP.

I just started my second week and I feel great, DH started noticing that it is serious this time, no playing around and he even noticed that I am not as "swollen" as I was.

Question, did any of you on IP did a 5k run while on the program? If yes, please let me know if you adjusted anything in your eating before and after. DH wants us to do the run for the cure as a family since his mom is a breast cancer survivor and now she has another kind of cancer, I am far from being an athlete, I don't like running, but not sure if I should make the effort, I'm leaning towards telling him that I can't.

Please let me know.
I did the color run last month which was a 5K, I would say if you plan on actually running the whole time to do an extra packet. But if you are going to run/walk I think you should be fine, it is only a little over three miles so if your walking your only burning a few hundred calories.
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #44
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,826

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

anyone who has undergrown Large size scrubs, there is a request on the clothing exchange thread.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 09-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #45
Restarting IP 100%
 
sandralosingweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 778

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
I did the color run last month which was a 5K, I would say if you plan on actually running the whole time to do an extra packet. But if you are going to run/walk I think you should be fine, it is only a little over three miles so if your walking your only burning a few hundred calories.
Oh thank you for letting me know I never ran this much, so I don't know if I will do it! Maybe...
__________________

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan.
Started a journey of juicing:

www.sandrajuicing.weebly.com
sandralosingweight is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Monday 9/23/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 70 09-23-2013 10:48 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday 9/16/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 66 09-16-2013 11:37 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday 9/2/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 38 09-02-2013 10:59 PM
IP Daily Chat Monday 8/5/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 90 08-06-2013 01:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2