Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #1  

Default Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Vol 26

Hey Everyone. Volume 25 is over 500 posts so it'll be shut down soon. Here is our new thread. Post away, 100%ers! And for newbies, this thread is for anyone sticking to IP protocol 100%, whether you use IP products or alts. We follow the plan. We plan so we succeed.

This is the no cheat zone!

For more info, see Volume 25
Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks Lisa for starting the new thread and great idea to make it clear what this thread is about.

Home early from the baseball game - poor dh isn't feeling too well. We were losing miserably so I wasn't too bad about leaving.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Lisa I have had a challenging day today. A lot of weepiness. I am 100 % on program and not sure if my hormones are out of whack or whether some of my meds are having a go. I am on thyroid meds for the last eighteen years and I am going in for testing again tomorrow. I just feel really tired. What gives? I was feeling great before
Old 08-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Lisa -

I was wondering/worrying how it was for you since you are now back to work. I remembered you talking about the co -workers who said nothing.

It is too bad they act like that. It is classic passive aggressive. Keep your chin up. You are awesome - we all know it. It your coworkers are too insecure with themselves to be decent to you and are following the ring leader like teenage cheerleaders- its their loss - they are missing the opportunity to have you as a friend. Clearly, they are too wrapped up in their own issues to realize what a supportive person they are missing getting to know.

NOLACHICK: the friend who said people thought the skinnier she got the bigger biotch she turned into were obviously seeing her w/their own jealousness and insecurity. Very sad.

Its really pathetic that so many women can't be nicer to eachother. It shows their insecurities.

My SIL is one of those women. When she saw me at a recent family gathering she said: Its so nice to FINALLY have another skinny person in this family and then gave me a big ol fake hug - I wanted to slap her. All the adults in that family are overweight and her comment offended everyone simultaneously. I wanted to die right there as they all stared at me and her.
She made me feel awful like my weight loss was somehow an insult to everyone there - I had done nothing but lose weight for ME, and she made em feel bad about it -what a wicked witch!

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #5  

Thanks Onmyway. it kinda sucks when you don't like your work environment.
It has not always been like that but the past several years have been...
I keep trying to transfer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookgirl View Post
Thanks Lisa I have had a challenging day today. A lot of weepiness. I am 100 % on program and not sure if my hormones are out of whack or whether some of my meds are having a go. I am on thyroid meds for the last eighteen years and I am going in for testing again tomorrow. I just feel really tired. What gives? I was feeling great before
I've been weepy today too. P1 messes with my cycle so who knows if that is part of it or not? P1 is also hard on thryroid. Definitely get checked.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-25-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post

My SIL is one of those women. When she saw me at a recent family gathering she said: Its so nice to FINALLY have another skinny person in this family and then gave me a big ol fake hug - I wanted to slap her. All the adults in that family are overweight and her comment offended everyone simultaneously. I wanted to die right there as they all stared at me and her.
She made me feel awful like my weight loss was somehow an insult to everyone there - I had done nothing but lose weight for ME, and she made em feel bad about it -what a wicked witch!

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start tomorrow.
mean people suck
Old 08-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #7  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I can't believe some people. Do they just not care or are they trying to hurt feelings? Some people I think just talk without thinking, but others I truly do think are just mean people. I like the idea of calling them "land mines", and picturing them blowing up!!!

I had a great day at work today. I wore scrubs that actually fit, and got a lot of comments on how good I'm looking. Thank goodness most of the people I work with are very supportive!! There's a few that I believe are just jealous, but the majority of people congratulate me, and are genuine about it. I need to buy a few more sets of scrubs that actually fit. No more drowning in fabric!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Certain people are going to be negative no matter what you do. You'll either be too fat, too skinny, on the wrong diet, wearing the wrong clothes or something. Not too much you can do about them. I try to mentally prepare myself by making a game of it - wonder what's going to be wrong with me today? Dh gets in on the game and we see who guesses right. Kind of takes the wind out of someone's sails when we burst out laughing when they say something negative.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Certain people are going to be negative no matter what you do. You'll either be too fat, too skinny, on the wrong diet, wearing the wrong clothes or something. Not too much you can do about them. I try to mentally prepare myself by making a game of it - wonder what's going to be wrong with me today? Dh gets in on the game and we see who guesses right. Kind of takes the wind out of someone's sails when we burst out laughing when they say something negative.
I LOVE it!
Some people just aren't happy unless they are putting someone else down
Old 08-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #10  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good morning!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Haha!! I love that! As I get older, I have gotten more up front about the comments people make. If someone says something to me or if I just hear someone say something to/about someone else...I call em out right then and there with a simple little comment like "wow...that was mean!" or "Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel"...generally the person speaking gets the point that it was hurtful and gets embarassed at being called out. I just smile sweetly cause I think if you were saying something that hurts or embarasses someone else, you deserve to be called out!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Haha!! I love that! As I get older, I have gotten more up front about the comments people make. If someone says something to me or if I just hear someone say something to/about someone else...I call em out right then and there with a simple little comment like "wow...that was mean!" or "Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel"...generally the person speaking gets the point that it was hurtful and gets embarassed at being called out. I just smile sweetly cause I think if you were saying something that hurts or embarasses someone else, you deserve to be called out!
One of these days I'm gonna get up the nerve to tell people who stop a conversation when I walk into the room, "Don't let my presence stop you from talking about me. Carry on"
Really? They think I don't know?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #12  
IP start date 12/12/12

I had a crazy weekend with lots of company...mostly guys working out in the garage with DH so the food was junky finger food but I was 100% OP!
I cooked/prepared their food and then ate what I was sposed to eat...not even tempted! Partly cause they all commented on how great I look and how amazed they were at the races & obstacle courses I've been doing. It made me feel really good since these guys aren't the type to say stuff just to be nice!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #13  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
One of these days I'm gonna get up the nerve to tell people who stop a conversation when I walk into the room, "Don't let my presence stop you from talking about me. Carry on"
Wouldn't that feel great?! I love being mean to mean people!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #14  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Kill with kindness! I love it!

Totally off topic, but this reminded me of a story my sister told me years ago when she used to work in a coffee shop. I guess a lady came in and was being so rude to her, making her feel like she didn't know what she was doing (my sister was an assistant manager at the time). She was yelling at her, calling her stupid, etc. My sister just continued to prepare her order and ignore her. At the end, the lady smirked and said to my sister "Have a great day" to which my sister replied in a very friendly tone, "I will! Thank you so much!" She said the ladies jaw just about hit the floor.

It is very true that in order for some people to feel better about themselves, they need to bring others down. I guess it can be taken as a compliment because they must feel that you are better than them. A teacher of mine once said "The people you make fun of the most are the people you want to be the most."

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 08-26-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #15  
IP start date 12/12/12

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz, but one of the most important things I learned from him is that others peoples actions and words are not a reflection of you...they are a reflection of their experience and perception of reality. That book and his teachings changed my life! I am a much happier person since reading that book and similar ones about spirituality.

Now IP is giving me a different outlook on my body and I am getting better and happier everyday!

Life really is good!
Closed Thread