Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #16  
IP start 8/31/2013

S/C/G: 265/245/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Great Day to be on IP

Good Morning!

I'm soooo proud of myself!! My son is hosting the varsity offensive line at the house tonight and he's been worried all week I won't cook enough food. So last night I made two 9x13 of beef enchiladas, two 9x13 of chicken enchiladas, carne guisada, queso, guac, stuffed peppers, beans, rice and ALL the fixin's. He and my sister tasted the sauces and told me what they needed and I DIDN'T LICK THE PANS, BOWLS, SKILLETS--ANYTHING--like I have ALWAYS done in the past. Wasn't even tempted... kept telling myself that if I made it through the night I'd get on here in the morning and tell you what I'd accomplished!! So I stayed completely OP!!

And, tonight at the dinner I actually won't be as tempted. One of my bigger problems has been eating constantly while I cook, taste, etc. Well then, eating the dinner too... But now my resolve is strong and I am not dreading the evening!!

Thanks Ya'll!!! Your support is helping me!!! Great day to be on IP!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Good Morning!

Today I am so energized and ready to go. I am going to the Dr today for my annual physical so I am hoping for good test results!!

How do I send a PM to someone if that is possible on here?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #18  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Good Morning!

Today I am so energized and ready to go. I am going to the Dr today for my annual physical so I am hoping for good test results!!

How do I send a PM to someone if that is possible on here?
Im pretty sure you can click on their name and "send a pm" comes up in a drop down list
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #19  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsunshine View Post
Good Morning!

I'm soooo proud of myself!! My son is hosting the varsity offensive line at the house tonight and he's been worried all week I won't cook enough food. So last night I made two 9x13 of beef enchiladas, two 9x13 of chicken enchiladas, carne guisada, queso, guac, stuffed peppers, beans, rice and ALL the fixin's. He and my sister tasted the sauces and told me what they needed and I DIDN'T LICK THE PANS, BOWLS, SKILLETS--ANYTHING--like I have ALWAYS done in the past. Wasn't even tempted... kept telling myself that if I made it through the night I'd get on here in the morning and tell you what I'd accomplished!! So I stayed completely OP!!

And, tonight at the dinner I actually won't be as tempted. One of my bigger problems has been eating constantly while I cook, taste, etc. Well then, eating the dinner too... But now my resolve is strong and I am not dreading the evening!!

That is big news! I actually have been finding it funny when I make dinner anymore it gets set on the table with an apologetic "well, I HOPE it's good, cause I didn't taste it. If not, we can share my parsnips& turkey" lol
Old 09-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
Im pretty sure you can click on their name and "send a pm" comes up in a drop down list
DOH! I should have tried that first
Old 09-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megjohnsonnj View Post
I am wondering if you can help with a vitamin question. I am finding that I am frequently missing my midday vitamins for a variety of reasons. Do you know if there is any reason I shouldn't go ahead and take them all in the evening to catch up? I will confirm with my coach, but am curious if anyone has guidance on this one! Additionally, can you generally take them out of order or in different combinations? Thanks.
Vitamins are best absorbed at the recommended intervals & combinations.
I take morning, mid-day, evening.
I keep the mid day ones in my pocket so I don't forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
Ugh... need reassurance today. My 0.4 weight loss this week has me down. I really, really, really want to lose 20 more lbs before vacation on Nov. 9th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Good morning everyone! I am just curious - those who have been on this for a while - did you start to see a slow down of your weight loss? (I assume the answer is yes) If so, did you maintain that rate, or did it go back up eventually? I have noticed the amount I am losing per week/month has slowed down quite a bit. To be clear, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if others have experienced this after 4 months or so, and if it stayed there or went back up. Every 0.1 is a 0.1 closer to my goal, so I'm happy that I am still losing!
Weight loss slows down for a variety of reasons. For some people, an occasional weekly lower number. For others, an overall slowdown.
Remember this, every week you lose, your basal metabolic rate changes for your smaller body. Which means it takes LESS calories to do your daily activity. Adding a walk (or lengthening your existing walk) can help to bump up the activity in your day.
I say be grateful for every loss & every day you stay OP. We are learning habits for a lifetime so that this is truly OUR LAST DIET!

I'm viewing slowdowns (and VERY FRUSTRATING LONG TERM STALLS) as an opportunity to learn what it will be like to maintain.

The scale is very fickle. Fat loss is more that what the scale says. Don't forget about those measurements!

Lastly, having a "time" deadline (IE date you want to be a certain weight) is sure to cause unneeded stress. Stress increases cortisol, which REDUCES weight loss further. DON'T STRESS! We can't control when our bodies reach certain weights. We are only in charge of what goes into our mouths on a daily basis. The scale is gonna do what it does.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Re: vitamins: your body can not absorb them all at once. They need to be spread throughout the day.

clbott: Don't forget...parsnips are not an approved veggie.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Vitamins are best absorbed at the recommended intervals & combinations.
I take morning, mid-day, evening.
I keep the mid day ones in my pocket so I don't forget

Weight loss slows down for a variety of reasons. For some people, an occasional weekly lower number. For others, an overall slowdown.
Remember this, every week you lose, your basal metabolic rate changes for your smaller body. Which means it takes LESS calories to do your daily activity. Adding a walk (or lengthening your existing walk) can help to bump up the activity in your day.
I say be grateful for every loss & every day you stay OP. We are learning habits for a lifetime so that this is truly OUR LAST DIET!

I'm viewing slowdowns (and VERY FRUSTRATING LONG TERM STALLS) as an opportunity to learn what it will be like to maintain.

The scale is very fickle. Fat loss is more that what the scale says. Don't forget about those measurements!

Lastly, having a "time" deadline (IE date you want to be a certain weight) is sure to cause unneeded stress. Stress increases cortisol, which REDUCES weight loss further. DON'T STRESS! We can't control when our bodies reach certain weights. We are only in charge of what goes into our mouths on a daily basis. The scale is gonna do what it does.
Thank you for your motivating words Lisa! I must admit that when I started I did the "weight loss math" and figured that I would be at goal by X date. The longer I am on IP, the further back the date gets pushed back. But I am in no rush to get to where I need to be, and am actually enjoying the process as I go through the motions. I have hit so many milestones, both on the scale and off, and am happy to be taking care of myself for a change.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Thank you for your motivating words Lisa! I must admit that when I started I did the "weight loss math" and figured that I would be at goal by X date. The longer I am on IP, the further back the date gets pushed back. But I am in no rush to get to where I need to be, and am actually enjoying the process as I go through the motions. I have hit so many milestones, both on the scale and off, and am happy to be taking care of myself for a change.
I projected too. I think we all do.
But then I had to let go of those projections and work with my own body & what it wants to do.
I use MFP and when I enter my food it tells me I'll be a certain weight in 5 weeks. It is never right, either. But it is still ALL GOOD. I'm no longer 260 lbs and my goal is in my radar.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #25  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Re: vitamins: your body can not absorb them all at once. They need to be spread throughout the day.

clbott: Don't forget...parsnips are not an approved veggie.
Hmm, I ate them once - they are on the list I have from my clinic and not the one that I got from here. Luckily I thought they were the nastiest thing on earth - I'm gonna have to throw out my stuff from the clinic I am leaving - all of it it sooo wrong. Thank you for bringing it to my attention -i need to remember which list I'm using when I shop!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsunshine View Post
Good Morning!

WHOO HOOO!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #27  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

iherb.com sells Walden Farms products for $3.76 each, they have free 1-3 day shipping on orders of $20 or more and they have a coupon for first time orders of $5 off $20 or $10 off $40 with the promo code of BUY123.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zictory75 View Post
I am wondering at what intervals people have set mini goals. I hope to reach twenty lbs in the next couple of weeks, so that seems like a good one...but is it a good practice to sort of write out the weeks and set mini goals along the way. Those of you who are so close to goal, what has worked a for you? Thanks!!!!
I set a mini goal of 65 lbs by my 65th birthday {8/26...just a month ago...Picture was actually taken on my 65th birthday}...so it took me 7.5 months to do that. Started Jan 10th...and just squeaked in a few days under my B-day..LOL...I was a slow but steady loser...so I thought at the slow rate I was initially losing (which was UNDER 3 lb/avWeek)... I'd be done in about 21 -22 weeks which would have been mid June. It was a long hot slow summer...**with decreased metabolism as smaller person...I still lost, but the scale had slowed dramatically. Continued losing inches at a more dramatic pace, which was a good thing as clothing sizes changed every few weeks !! (Added exercise...toning and light cardio in early April...which probably facilitated those changes.)

So...be happy with what ever the plan does for you. You MUST know ... NOTHING ELSE will give you the same great results. Everyone is different though we notice we are all pretty much the same as we get close to goal...slow, real stalls...and those last weeks our bodies seem to resist letting go of the last vestige of our overweight self!

If you build some lean muscle...the scale may not be where you want it to be...but you may be smaller. I can attest to that. Went from WP16-18 to P 0-2 and Chicos 000 pants...which are rarely stocked in their stores. I feel like I still have just under 10 lbs to go to achieve my final goal...but am in a holding pattern for some health issues. That lean muscle I have now...that used to be fat...might actually be indicating this is an OK weight for me...so keep your options open as well....there are many factors that tell when you are done.

Read as many of our stories as you can...Good luck and welcome!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-26-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #29  
Started IP 09/24/13

S/C/G: 287/207.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I started IP on Tuesday and today I feel amazing. The first couple of days were pretty rough (yesterday I was ready to eat my own hair). I really wanted to do this because two of my coworkers have been on the plan and look AMAZING (one lost 40 pounds in 3 months, the other has lost 20 pounds in one month). I wasn’t sure I could give up my carbs, but now I think I’m okay.
I studied this board before embarking on the plan on my own because the cost of IP is a bit pricy. The husband and I just bought a house, had to replace a car, etc, etc. So I’m on my own with this. But so far so good. And like said, I’m on day 3. My coworker said I should start to feel better today and she is right.
I’m a bit nervous about the weekend, but hopefully I can make it.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #30  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well back from weigh in. No loss, no inches to speak off. My Body fat % is down and my lean mass is up. Coach says I'm definitely retaining some water or something. I'm ovulating for the first time since my MC and I feel terrible. I always get crampy when I ovulate so thankfully I'm off today to feel miserable at home.
Closed Thread