Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and new to IP Been 5 days and I'm starting to feel like a normal person. I'm from just outside Regina Sask but spend some winter months in Arizona.....I'm there right now (thank goodness cause the winter in Sask has been horrible) I'm so encouraged by everyones posts and success.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Welcome Ruby! I'm a little jealous that you are in a warmer climate. This winter has been BRUTAL!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #153  

Default new girl

HI Everyone, I've been lurking for a few days now and thought I should finally join as you all have a wealth of knowledge regarding alternative products. I did Ideal protein through my gym last year and lost 40 lbs, I stopped following it last fall, and now I need to restart as I can feel the pounds creeping back on. I can no longer afford to buy the food through my gym as its crazy expensive. I'm sure I will have a ton of questions for you all. I need to loose 20 pounds to feel comfortable in my skin again.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 192/164/130

Height: 5'3"

Default http://nourishstudios.com/

just received my first order from Nourish Studios.

11 boxes of proti diet, $16/box + taxes =$202 (shipping was free because I ordered 11 boxes)

Much cheaper than ideal protein!!!

I will be trying the pancakes tomorrow for breakfast
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine354 View Post
just received my first order from Nourish Studios.

11 boxes of proti diet, $16/box + taxes =$202 (shipping was free because I ordered 11 boxes)

Much cheaper than ideal protein!!!

I will be trying the pancakes tomorrow for breakfast

wow, that is a great deal! Are the pancakes considered a restricted item?

also, did you just email Nourish studios what you wanted to order as I see they don't have anything listed on their website?
Old 03-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi View Post

also, did you just email Nourish studios what you wanted to order as I see they don't have anything listed on their website?
In response to your question, I initially sent an email with a list of my desired Proti Diet items and Debbie wrote me back as follows...she is super nice and my order came really quickly!
See email below for all info.

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for your response and letting me know that you are not currently with another ProtiDiet clinic.

We only carry a portion of the products you are currently requesting so I thought it best to provide you with our pricing and shipping costs as well as the list of products we currently carry. Possibly you would be interested in ordering some of products even though we do not have all of the products you desire.

If you are using these foods to continue on with your weight loss efforts, we recommend that you supplement appropriately and continue to be monitored by a local weight loss coach and/or your family physician.

Pricing and shipping would be as follows -- 1 - 4 boxes (each box contains 7 servings) would be $18 per box plus $ 12.00 for shipping. 5 - 10 boxes would be $16 per box and the cost of shipping would be $5.00. More than 10 boxes would be $16 each and shipping would be free. Taxes are extra.

For initial orders only, we would be able to put together 1-2 mixed boxes for you to be able to try a variety of products/flavours if this is of interest to you.

Payment of your order can be made by using Paypal or via credit card received by telephone.

Following are the products we currently carry:

Soy Nuts
Hot Cocoa
Chili Lime soy nuts
Chocolate Shake
Vanilla Shake
Grape Drink
BBQ Crisps (in stock next week)
Peach Mango Drink
White Cheddar Crisps
Tropical Fruit Drink
Wildberry Drink
Kiwi-Melon Drink
Blueberry Pancake
Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
Puddings vanilla and chocolate
Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
Chocolate drink
Bacon Cheese Omelette
Honey Nut Cereal
Crunchy Cereal Chocolate
Chili (currently on backorder)
Crunchy Cereal Caramel
Pizza with Tomato Sauce
Peanut Butter & Smooth Caramel Crisp bar
Spaghettini with Rose Sauce
Chocolate Dream
Peanut Surprise bar
Hazelnut bar
Chicken Soup
Coconut (currently on backorder) bar
Beef Vegetable Soup
Honey Almond Square
Chicken Noodle
Strawberry & Peanut
Tomato Basil soup
Greek Yogurt Delight bar
Pea soup
Banana Breakfast Bar
Pomegranate Raspberry Crisp bar
Vanilla Wafer

Hope this helps, Jasmine.

Please let me know if we can assist you further.

Debbie Brant
Nourish Studios
23 Colborne Street North
Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 3T8
[email protected]
(519) 717-6585
Old 03-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi View Post

I forgot to mention if your looking for nutritional info just go to the proti diet website and you will be able to find all the nutritional values for the proti diet products. http://www.protidietfood.com/

As for the pancakes, they have 6g of net carbs so not restricted!

Demi, you live in cornwall...I am sure you can find even cheaper alternatives in the US!. I looked at nashua nutrition, they have great alternatives but the shipping is like $50 bucks! Still cheaper than IP though
Old 03-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Default Regina Gurl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and new to IP Been 5 days and I'm starting to feel like a normal person. I'm from just outside Regina Sask but spend some winter months in Arizona.....I'm there right now (thank goodness cause the winter in Sask has been horrible) I'm so encouraged by everyones posts and success.
Hi Rubygirl! I'm living in Regina - great to see another SASK girl on here!!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Hi Rubygirl! I'm living in Regina - great to see another SASK girl on here!!
Hi Runner.... nice to hear from you. Do you go to a clinic in Regina? I am returning to Canada Apr 17 and just wondering how I'm going to do this.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Default Clinic in Regina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Hi Runner.... nice to hear from you. Do you go to a clinic in Regina? I am returning to Canada Apr 17 and just wondering how I'm going to do this.
Ruby - I went to a clinic in the East end but due to my budget, didn't feel that I could join the program. My friend in Toronto is doing IP and so I follow basically the same program, but using alternative products. It is difficult to know how I'm really doing (I have lost 8lbs and 7" since Feb 3) and I definately would love to have a coach to help me through this journey. I'm struggling with Post meno/HRT/thyroid issues so the weight is very SLoooooW in coming off. Plus, I'm bored with this now.... any suggestions?!
Old 03-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #161  

Runner,,,,,, I tried IP 2 years ago (well that's an over statement) I went to a small center to a pharmacy and signed up. The coach was useless and I lasted one week and was very discouraged. 2 weeks ago I reached desperation and I was looking for something and came across 3fatchicks. I am doing it on my own with this forum as my coach. I use a combination of IP and alternatives cause at a clinic here in Arizona I can buy the products.
I also have post meno and thyroid issues but reading these forums I see it IS possible and lots of people are successful. Maybe we can get together when I return and share some ideas. My name is Ruth
Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello fellow Canadians! I'm in the middle of my 3rd week on IP and I'm considering incorporating a few alternative products just to help cut down on some of the costs although I'd like most of my food to come from IP at this point. I see the post about nourish studios which is very helpful... are there other places people have bought some alternatives online that are located in Canada?
Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Hi Proudmama...I have to say that EvePet was the member who I got a lot of my alternative info from. She has a blog at www.diettalktoday.com where she breaks down IP alternatives according to food "type" on the right hand column of her page, and where she bought the items.

My favourites have been
- ChocoLite shakes from www.lowcarbgrocery.com
- Smaps cereal from www.lowcarbgrocery.com (with a little bit of the ChocoLite French Vanilla shake watered down as milk)
- New Hope Mills Pancake Mix from www.lowcarbgrocery.com (but when I add the eggs and water and oil, I do it differently than the box suggests)
- Simply Chips from www.well.ca
and last but not least my all time favourites......
- Quest bars from www.lowcarbgrocery.com, www.vitamart.ca and just discovered a sale at www.canadianprotein.com (havent ordered from them yet)

I seriously want to eat Quest bars for all 3 meals...but many are considered restricted. The Strawberry Cheesecake and Peanut Butter Chocolate are on the borderline and I'm considering testing the waters to see if I actually could eat just 2 a day of those. They are SO satisfying to the palette and to the appetite/hunger monster.

Last edited by Sheriously; 03-23-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 153/134/130

Height: 5'6"

Thank you very much Sheriously, that's a wealth of info! I haven't come across that blog yet so I will spend my free time today going through it. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me - thank you!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Hello fellow Canadians!!
I am a newbie to IP and this site. Live in Ontario. I started IP 5 days ago and am really glad I found this site!! What a wealth of information! So much to take in! After reading this thread I think I may try replacing a few alternatives for IP after I've been on the program a few weeks. The cost is a bit much but if the results are good it is worth it. Although, if I can have the results and save money, all the better!! :-)
Closed Thread