Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #121  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

The simply chips I got were the herb and garlic. So good. I just make sure I'm not going anywhere after I eat them cuz I get bad garlic breath!

I got an email from low carb grocer that said if you like them on Facebook you will save $10 off your order. Haven't looked into the details yet if there is a minimum you have to spend. I'm hoping to head there this weekend, but if not I'm going to have to just order online. Can't imagine a day without my pancake now! Lol
Old 02-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #122  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
Any cereal recommendations from lowcarbgrocery? I am now totally switched to Alternatives, so want a variety of meal "types". So far I've got the ChocoRite shakes which are DELICIOUS!!!! and the Quest bars (Strawberry vanilla) which I find MUCH more satisfying than the IP bars. I would like something in the soup and cereal category. Oh and crisps too! haha!

I'm doing my research but I always second guess myself ... so if some experts would chime in I'd be grateful!!
This link goes to the page on my www.diettalktoday.com website where I talk about several cereals that I've enjoyed - http://diettalktoday.com/alternative...for-breakfast/

It's not mentioned on that page (but is available at thelowcarbgrocery) but Nutritious Living also makes 'Hi Lo' cereal which is tasty. It's a bit low on the protein, at 12g/serving, but I always used a bit of RTD vanilla shake as 'milk' which I'm sure would bring the protein per serving up to 15gms.

Simply Protein Chips are good, but I've never been able to source them other than through their website -
http://www.thesimplybar.com/low-carb-protein-bars or at https://well.ca/products/simply-choi...ips_55971.html

Last edited by evepet; 02-13-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #123  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
The simply chips I got were the herb and garlic. So good. I just make sure I'm not going anywhere after I eat them cuz I get bad garlic breath!

I got an email from low carb grocer that said if you like them on Facebook you will save $10 off your order. Haven't looked into the details yet if there is a minimum you have to spend. I'm hoping to head there this weekend, but if not I'm going to have to just order online. Can't imagine a day without my pancake now! Lol
Thelowcarbgrocery has free shipping on orders that are $100+. I generally just order 1x/month, and it's pretty easy to end up with a $100 order.

Also, you accumulate Reward Points there that you can eventually put towards an order. I've saved around $30 a few times, through 'cashing in' my rewards points.

Last edited by evepet; 02-13-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:14 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Thanks EvePet!

ShrinkingSusie...I used the Facebook promo for lowcarbgrocery. Minimum purchase is $60.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #125  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Thanks EvePet!

ShrinkingSusie...I used the Facebook promo for lowcarbgrocery. Minimum purchase is $60.
Thanks. Down to my last pancake so think I'm gonna bite the bullet and order online. I'm sure I can spend $60 without a problem!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #126  

Height: 5'4"

I got the pancake mix today (forgot Canada Post delivered today, lol!) - can't wait to try them for breakfast tomorrow

Jo
Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #127  

Hey PurpleMonster...how'd you like your pancake? I ordered some and they're coming tomorrow! Do you use WF pancake syrup on it? I can't wait either!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #128  

Quote:
Hey PurpleMonster...how'd you like your pancake? I ordered some and they're coming tomorrow! Do you use WF pancake syrup on it? I can't wait either!
They are delicious! Had them 2 days in a row Yup, with WF pancake syrup, yum!

Kind of sad I only ordered 3 boxes, definitely will be ordering more. Hope you like yours too!

Jo
Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I am not Canadian but congrats to women's hockey team on getting gold today against the US. It was a good game very well played!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:38 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am not Canadian but congrats to women's hockey team on getting gold today against the US. It was a good game very well played!
Thanks, Sarah The US team has nothing to be ashamed about, they played an amazing game! Very white knuckle, right to the end!

Jo
Old 02-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Good Morning my fellow Canadian peeps. Another snow day here again, 2 this week. Nice to have some locals to chat with, altho there is so much good advice on here but a local connection is defineatly nice.
I am from Napanee, home of Avril Lavigne, lol. I see some of us are really close.
I started IP on Jan 14 2014, currently am down 21.8lbs and 23" Im loving the results and am feeling great, what a great motivator IP is.
Good luck to all of us, we can do this!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #132  

Just a heads up...deal at Popeyes (at least the one in Peterborough, so check your local store). Buy one box of Quest bars $34 ish and get 2nd box for $25. Thought that was pretty decent! I went specifically for Cookies n' Creme since I've heard so much about it but they were bone dry of those...not even a single for purchase! So I'm going back next week to get the deal...he says there may be more in next week. Otherwise, I tried Peanut Butter Chocolate and now I'm in love.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #133  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Just a heads up...deal at Popeyes (at least the one in Peterborough, so check your local store). Buy one box of Quest bars $34 ish and get 2nd box for $25. Thought that was pretty decent! I went specifically for Cookies n' Creme since I've heard so much about it but they were bone dry of those...not even a single for purchase! So I'm going back next week to get the deal...he says there may be more in next week. Otherwise, I tried Peanut Butter Chocolate and now I'm in love.
Thx for the heads up ! I'll definitely check it out.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #134  

Height: 5 '6

All you travelers out there.... I'm going to Hawaii in March and an IP friend is going to Scottland via Chicago... we were wondering if you had any problems with having IP food in your carry on or your regular luggage when going through customs??? Any info would be great! Thanks.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #135  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post
Good Morning my fellow Canadian peeps. Another snow day here again, 2 this week. Nice to have some locals to chat with, altho there is so much good advice on here but a local connection is defineatly nice.
I am from Napanee, home of Avril Lavigne, lol. I see some of us are really close.
I started IP on Jan 14 2014, currently am down 21.8lbs and 23" Im loving the results and am feeling great, what a great motivator IP is.
Good luck to all of us, we can do this!
I'm in Trenton.. Not far from you at all!
Closed Thread