Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #91  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

The leanfit vanilla protein powder is great from Costco, has 65 servings per jug and it is $40, but always goes on sale for $32. They also have chocolate but I haven't tried it. I use the vanilla to make my chai tea frappuccino
Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #92  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I appreciate all of the research that everyone has done here I've looked through both Canada threads now and wanted to *bump*, since I'm a fellow Canadian, near Peterborough, ON...but I work in Lindsay, ON. I am legitimately on IP and going to my clinic, but I might supplement my options by getting some alternatives, now that I know what to get! TY! I am on a VERY tight budget, and really can only afford the bare minimum 3 boxes of IP stuff per week, so the options with alternatives will be wonderful...and my coach doesn't need to know!
Hi neighbor! I'm in Peterborough, and lost all my weight while using alternative products. My website - see link in my signature below - gives you info re the various products I've used. You may find it useful.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Evepet...that's wild! I saw one of your posts to another thread and have bookmarked your blog just today because I thought it would be helpful, not even knowing that you were my "neighbour". Too funny!!

I'm thinking about ordering from lowcarbgrocery now because of some of your recommendations....I have no idea where to start now! too many options! haha

Last edited by Sheriously; 02-03-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #94  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I appreciate all of the research that everyone has done here I've looked through both Canada threads now and wanted to *bump*, since I'm a fellow Canadian, near Peterborough, ON...but I work in Lindsay, ON. I am legitimately on IP and going to my clinic, but I might supplement my options by getting some alternatives, now that I know what to get! TY! I am on a VERY tight budget, and really can only afford the bare minimum 3 boxes of IP stuff per week, so the options with alternatives will be wonderful...and my coach doesn't need to know!
I too work in Lindsay, but live in Fenelon Falls..
I too am legitimately on IP and go to the clinic weekly.

Day #13 and I am down 9.6 pounds, tomorrow is my official weigh in and end of week 2.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

hi all

mind if I join your group? I'm in Gatineau Que - and I'm in my 2nd week on IP - really am getting lots of information from you all

let's all stick with it we're worth it
Old 02-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Hi Amanda112....Wow small world!!

Congrats on your loss!!! I was down 12 pounds after 17 days...This is just phenomenal isn't it?

Last edited by Sheriously; 02-03-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #97  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi neighbor! I'm in Peterborough, and lost all my weight while using alternative products. My website - see link in my signature below - gives you info re the various products I've used. You may find it useful.
Because of your blog, I camea cross new hope mills pancake from LCG! My new favourite breakfast with some added cinnamon, so THANK YOU! I had always meant to go to LCG but never got around to it. Now I'm glad I did!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #98  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thanks for this! Its a great resource, I've been thinking of using some alternates but didn't know where to start!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #99  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Evepet...that's wild! I saw one of your posts to another thread and have bookmarked your blog just today because I thought it would be helpful, not even knowing that you were my "neighbour". Too funny!!

I'm thinking about ordering from lowcarbgrocery now because of some of your recommendations....I have no idea where to start now! too many options! haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Because of your blog, I camea cross new hope mills pancake from LCG! My new favourite breakfast with some added cinnamon, so THANK YOU! I had always meant to go to LCG but never got around to it. Now I'm glad I did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Thanks for this! Its a great resource, I've been thinking of using some alternates but didn't know where to start!
Glad to be of help. I LOVE The Low Carb Grocery! It's such a great resource. Plus they have quick delivery, and give award points on orders.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #100  

evepet your site has a wealth of information! Thank you for creating it and sharing all the information.
I have only been on IP diet for 3 weeks and am starting to educate myself on the alternatives. I will stick to their products for now until I am confident with the knowledge I accumulate that I can proceed with the alternatives and maintain the weight loss.

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge.

I am also from Ontario - Richmond Hill
Old 02-05-2014, 11:10 PM   #101  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello fellow Canadians! I restarted IP today and looking to lose the last 25 lbs. I'm thinking about branching out and trying alternatives since some folks seem to have just as good results with them. I do have some Premier Protein rtd shakes from Costco but they're 30g protein. Should I only have 1 a day and 2 other alternatives instead of 2 30g protein shakes plus the restricted? I'm worried 2 Premier Protein shakes might almost be too much protein.
Thoughts anyone?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 276/204/156

Height: 5, 0

Clo2551. I use the Costco rtd shakes but I only drink half the container and save the rest for a snack later��
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #103  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
Hello fellow Canadians! I restarted IP today and looking to lose the last 25 lbs. I'm thinking about branching out and trying alternatives since some folks seem to have just as good results with them. I do have some Premier Protein rtd shakes from Costco but they're 30g protein. Should I only have 1 a day and 2 other alternatives instead of 2 30g protein shakes plus the restricted? I'm worried 2 Premier Protein shakes might almost be too much protein.
Thoughts anyone?
When I was over 200 I was having two a day, but no that I am getting closer to goal, I only have one on the days when I have a busy day at work because of the higher calories in it, or days like yesterday when I spent half an hour shovelling. I have considered splitting one into two servings, but not sure how it would keep open in the fridge.

Typically I have new hope mills protein pancake for breakfast, either a premier protein shake, leanfit powder shake (from Costco) or one of the alternatives I got from Nashua for lunch, and for snack I have either a detour or pure protein bar.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 02-06-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #104  

Height: 5'2

Are there any bars at Costco that are IP compliant?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #105  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Are there any bars at Costco that are IP compliant?
Pure protein and detour.
Closed Thread