3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #91
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 963

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

The leanfit vanilla protein powder is great from Costco, has 65 servings per jug and it is $40, but always goes on sale for $32. They also have chocolate but I haven't tried it. I use the vanilla to make my chai tea frappuccino
__________________
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #92
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,767

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I appreciate all of the research that everyone has done here I've looked through both Canada threads now and wanted to *bump*, since I'm a fellow Canadian, near Peterborough, ON...but I work in Lindsay, ON. I am legitimately on IP and going to my clinic, but I might supplement my options by getting some alternatives, now that I know what to get! TY! I am on a VERY tight budget, and really can only afford the bare minimum 3 boxes of IP stuff per week, so the options with alternatives will be wonderful...and my coach doesn't need to know!
Hi neighbor! I'm in Peterborough, and lost all my weight while using alternative products. My website - see link in my signature below - gives you info re the various products I've used. You may find it useful.
__________________
I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #93
Member
 
Sheriously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lakefield, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Default

Evepet...that's wild! I saw one of your posts to another thread and have bookmarked your blog just today because I thought it would be helpful, not even knowing that you were my "neighbour". Too funny!!

I'm thinking about ordering from lowcarbgrocery now because of some of your recommendations....I have no idea where to start now! too many options! haha

Last edited by Sheriously : 02-03-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #94
Junior Member
 
Amanda112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 25

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I appreciate all of the research that everyone has done here I've looked through both Canada threads now and wanted to *bump*, since I'm a fellow Canadian, near Peterborough, ON...but I work in Lindsay, ON. I am legitimately on IP and going to my clinic, but I might supplement my options by getting some alternatives, now that I know what to get! TY! I am on a VERY tight budget, and really can only afford the bare minimum 3 boxes of IP stuff per week, so the options with alternatives will be wonderful...and my coach doesn't need to know!
I too work in Lindsay, but live in Fenelon Falls..
I too am legitimately on IP and go to the clinic weekly.

Day #13 and I am down 9.6 pounds, tomorrow is my official weigh in and end of week 2.
Amanda112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
maureen kempster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Aylmer, Quebec
Posts: 862

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

hi all

mind if I join your group? I'm in Gatineau Que - and I'm in my 2nd week on IP - really am getting lots of information from you all

let's all stick with it we're worth it
__________________
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #96
Member
 
Sheriously's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lakefield, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Default

Hi Amanda112....Wow small world!!

Congrats on your loss!!! I was down 12 pounds after 17 days...This is just phenomenal isn't it?

Last edited by Sheriously : 02-03-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #97
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 963

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi neighbor! I'm in Peterborough, and lost all my weight while using alternative products. My website - see link in my signature below - gives you info re the various products I've used. You may find it useful.
Because of your blog, I camea cross new hope mills pancake from LCG! My new favourite breakfast with some added cinnamon, so THANK YOU! I had always meant to go to LCG but never got around to it. Now I'm glad I did!
__________________
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 513

Height: 5 '6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi neighbor! I'm in Peterborough, and lost all my weight while using alternative products. My website - see link in my signature below - gives you info re the various products I've used. You may find it useful.
Thanks for this! Its a great resource, I've been thinking of using some alternates but didn't know where to start!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #99
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,767

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
Evepet...that's wild! I saw one of your posts to another thread and have bookmarked your blog just today because I thought it would be helpful, not even knowing that you were my "neighbour". Too funny!!

I'm thinking about ordering from lowcarbgrocery now because of some of your recommendations....I have no idea where to start now! too many options! haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Because of your blog, I camea cross new hope mills pancake from LCG! My new favourite breakfast with some added cinnamon, so THANK YOU! I had always meant to go to LCG but never got around to it. Now I'm glad I did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Thanks for this! Its a great resource, I've been thinking of using some alternates but didn't know where to start!
Glad to be of help. I LOVE The Low Carb Grocery! It's such a great resource. Plus they have quick delivery, and give award points on orders.
__________________
I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #100
Member
 
Vivig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 48

Default

evepet your site has a wealth of information! Thank you for creating it and sharing all the information.
I have only been on IP diet for 3 weeks and am starting to educate myself on the alternatives. I will stick to their products for now until I am confident with the knowledge I accumulate that I can proceed with the alternatives and maintain the weight loss.

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge.

I am also from Ontario - Richmond Hill
Vivig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:10 PM   #101
started IP Oct 3/12
 
clo2551's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 54

Height: 5'7"

Default

Hello fellow Canadians! I restarted IP today and looking to lose the last 25 lbs. I'm thinking about branching out and trying alternatives since some folks seem to have just as good results with them. I do have some Premier Protein rtd shakes from Costco but they're 30g protein. Should I only have 1 a day and 2 other alternatives instead of 2 30g protein shakes plus the restricted? I'm worried 2 Premier Protein shakes might almost be too much protein.
Thoughts anyone?
__________________
clo2551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #102
Junior Member
 
relocatingtohealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 13

S/C/G: 276/204/156

Height: 5, 0

Default

Clo2551. I use the Costco rtd shakes but I only drink half the container and save the rest for a snack later��
relocatingtohealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #103
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 963

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
Hello fellow Canadians! I restarted IP today and looking to lose the last 25 lbs. I'm thinking about branching out and trying alternatives since some folks seem to have just as good results with them. I do have some Premier Protein rtd shakes from Costco but they're 30g protein. Should I only have 1 a day and 2 other alternatives instead of 2 30g protein shakes plus the restricted? I'm worried 2 Premier Protein shakes might almost be too much protein.
Thoughts anyone?
When I was over 200 I was having two a day, but no that I am getting closer to goal, I only have one on the days when I have a busy day at work because of the higher calories in it, or days like yesterday when I spent half an hour shovelling. I have considered splitting one into two servings, but not sure how it would keep open in the fridge.

Typically I have new hope mills protein pancake for breakfast, either a premier protein shake, leanfit powder shake (from Costco) or one of the alternatives I got from Nashua for lunch, and for snack I have either a detour or pure protein bar.
__________________

Last edited by shrinkingsusie : 02-06-2014 at 08:40 AM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
stephascope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 353

Height: 5'2

Default

Are there any bars at Costco that are IP compliant?
__________________


stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #105
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 963

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Are there any bars at Costco that are IP compliant?
Pure protein and detour.
__________________
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein Vol.2 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 197 05-17-2013 12:27 PM
Maintainer's Vol. 6 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 507 07-10-2012 01:18 PM
The Maintainers, Vol. 3 JellyMae87 Ideal Protein Diet 564 02-04-2012 04:32 PM
Old Hens - 40+ And Ready To Lose - Vol. 7 Terri in MO 300+ Club 31 08-17-2005 07:48 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2