3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
CleverName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 314

S/C/G: 170/see ticker/122

Height: 5' 1/2"

Default

Hi everyone,
I have to share a discovery I made- a Canadian source to buy Proti Diet products from! I was very happy to find one!

The website is www.nourishstudios.com There isn't an online ordering option there, you can email her (Debbie) with your order. Please tell her that you heard about her from me (Kari B.). She ships to all Canadian provinces.

The price for 1-4 boxes is $18.00 per box plus the cost of shipping (usually $10 - $12). 5 or more boxes would be $16 per box with FREE shipping. In my case, I'm in the Yukon, so I paid a little bit of shipping ($5 on a $200+ order). She'll also do a combo pack for you- she can either put together a box of 7 different items for you, or you can choose your own 7 items, so that you can try something without buying a whole box of it. She charges the same price as a regular box for this.

If you're not familiar with Proti Diet products, you can go to http://www.protidiet.com/en/index.php... to look at their products. She also carries many supplements, high quality ones close to what IP sells. She carries most of the items, but not quite all that is on the Proti Diet website.

I just got my first order from her, and I'm very happy. No wait times, no customs/duties/fees, no high shipping cost, yay!
__________________
Weight loss on hold while pregnant with Baby #4!

Last edited by CleverName : 11-08-2013 at 03:00 AM.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Clarington45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 309

S/C/G: 224/223/160

Height: 5"7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
Hi everyone,
I have to share a discovery I made- a Canadian source to buy Proti Diet products from! I was very happy to find one!

The website is www.nourishstudios.com There isn't an online ordering option there, you can email her (Debbie) with your order. Please tell her that you heard about her from me (Kari B.). She ships to all Canadian provinces.

The price for 1-4 boxes is $18.00 per box plus the cost of shipping (usually $10 - $12). 5 or more boxes would be $16 per box with FREE shipping. In my case, I'm in the Yukon, so I paid a little bit of shipping ($5 on a $200+ order). She'll also do a combo pack for you- she can either put together a box of 7 different items for you, or you can choose your own 7 items, so that you can try something without buying a whole box of it. She charges the same price as a regular box for this.

If you're not familiar with Proti Diet products, you can go to http://www.protidiet.com/en/index.php... to look at their products. She also carries many supplements, high quality ones close to what IP sells. She carries most of the items, but not quite all that is on the Proti Diet website.

I just got my first order from her, and I'm very happy. No wait times, no customs/duties/fees, no high shipping cost, yay!
Thanks so much for sharing this! very good to know..
__________________
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #63
IP started - 09/16/2013
 
Jojo381972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 939

S/C/G: 238/*see ticker*/146

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default

A friend told me about this website and I wanted to share. If you are in Toronto area they have a number of stores. It is a low carb, low sodium and low fat natural food store. You can order from anywhere in Canada (or worldwide), and they have a lot of great food items.

http://www.ontarionutrition.ca/store.html
__________________




Christmas challenge! One tree for every pound lost.

Last edited by Jojo381972 : 11-13-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #64
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 13

Default

i'm lucky - i'm only 45 min from the border and have just discovered the alternatives and cheaper WF products. I go get my first shipment this weekend - a box of 7 cost's $11 - REALLY???? vs $4.99 each... so, if I can find same / equivalent products at 1/3rd the price I think i know where I'll be ordering from.
f6noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #65
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 251/215/165

Height: 5"7

Default

thought Id post as been on the program for about 5 months and lost 52 pounds.....looking to order online in Canada of any IP products or alternatives if anyone knows.
looseitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #66
Member
 
44forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6noob View Post
i'm lucky - i'm only 45 min from the border and have just discovered the alternatives and cheaper WF products. I go get my first shipment this weekend - a box of 7 cost's $11 - REALLY???? vs $4.99 each... so, if I can find same / equivalent products at 1/3rd the price I think i know where I'll be ordering from.
Wow, that's amazing! I pay $7 a bottle...no matter what it is. Expensive!! I am going to keep looking around in my area to try and find a store that sells the WF products because the clinic I go to is really overcharging.
__________________
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]

Spring Challenge
44forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #67
IP started - 09/16/2013
 
Jojo381972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 939

S/C/G: 238/*see ticker*/146

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
Hi everyone,
I have to share a discovery I made- a Canadian source to buy Proti Diet products from! I was very happy to find one!

The website is www.nourishstudios.com There isn't an online ordering option there, you can email her (Debbie) with your order. Please tell her that you heard about her from me (Kari B.). She ships to all Canadian provinces.

The price for 1-4 boxes is $18.00 per box plus the cost of shipping (usually $10 - $12). 5 or more boxes would be $16 per box with FREE shipping. In my case, I'm in the Yukon, so I paid a little bit of shipping ($5 on a $200+ order). She'll also do a combo pack for you- she can either put together a box of 7 different items for you, or you can choose your own 7 items, so that you can try something without buying a whole box of it. She charges the same price as a regular box for this.

If you're not familiar with Proti Diet products, you can go to http://www.protidiet.com/en/index.php... to look at their products. She also carries many supplements, high quality ones close to what IP sells. She carries most of the items, but not quite all that is on the Proti Diet website.

I just got my first order from her, and I'm very happy. No wait times, no customs/duties/fees, no high shipping cost, yay!
Hi Clevername (Kari),
I was checking out the links and the protidiet looks very compatible with ideal protein. Thanks for that link. What foods did you try? How long did it take to deliver? I was thinking of ordering about six boxes (3 restricted and 3 unrestricted), in about three weeks time, but would like to hear how you like the products first. I was looking at the chili, pizza, white or bbq ridges, choco shake, peanut bar and choco pudding..any experience with these? I wonder how they compare to ideal in taste. I checked the labels in comparison and they are pretty similar, but have a bit less total protein. I just realized I have four restricted in there..I'll have to find another non restricted instead..haha. Thanks
__________________




Christmas challenge! One tree for every pound lost.

Last edited by Jojo381972 : 11-26-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #68
Member
 
44forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
Hi Clevername (Kari),
I was checking out the links and the protidiet looks very compatible with ideal protein. Thanks
My daughter started the Protidiet last Thursday. She wanted to do Ideal Protein but doesn't have the money so I googled and found the Protidiet. I ordered from Amazon and she ended up paying just under $150 and purchased over 2 weeks of food. It did take almost 3 weeks to come in though.

I traded one of my snacks for her BBQ crisps and they were very good. I also had a bite of her chili and it was the same taste as IP, but didn't make as much. I do not know if there is less ingredients in her packets or that the IP packets are too big for the amount of food in them, but the PD packets are way smaller.

She is going to look into the link above so she won't have to pay customs.
__________________
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]

Spring Challenge
44forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,778

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Protidiet and Ip are very similar. I suspect they are made by the same company
as they both come from Quebec. Some former IP clinics are now selling protidiet products instead. We used to be able to buy them online for around $10 a box in Canada but after the clinics started selling them they became impossible to get in Canad. This is they first place i see to buy them since then.
__________________





Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #70
IP started - 09/16/2013
 
Jojo381972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 939

S/C/G: 238/*see ticker*/146

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default

^It seems to be difficult to find out where the clinics are. Do you have any idea? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
My daughter started the Protidiet last Thursday. She wanted to do Ideal Protein but doesn't have the money so I googled and found the Protidiet. I ordered from Amazon and she ended up paying just under $150 and purchased over 2 weeks of food. It did take almost 3 weeks to come in though.

I traded one of my snacks for her BBQ crisps and they were very good. I also had a bite of her chili and it was the same taste as IP, but didn't make as much. I do not know if there is less ingredients in her packets or that the IP packets are too big for the amount of food in them, but the PD packets are way smaller.

She is going to look into the link above so she won't have to pay customs.
Thanks for this information. I am trying to see if there is a clinic nearby me from that website, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Good to know they sell it on amazon as well. I guess that we pay less for protidiet, but we get less..I'd rather get less than pay more..lol. Ideal is really expensive. My gym told me that it was $365 for a month of food. I bet it is about half that for protidiet if you are paying $13 per box and no shipping fees.
__________________




Christmas challenge! One tree for every pound lost.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #71
Junior Member
 
vzubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 27

S/C/G: 212/212/180

Height: 5'8"

Default

I have been using Dr Bernstein's chocolate shakes and chicken noodle soup. You can purchase them online or in their store locations without being a member. I really like the flavour - even more than IP.
vzubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #72
Member
 
Gaia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

Default

I live an hour away from Nourish Studios and went on a roadtrip yesterday to meet Debbie. She is a super lady who seems to be very knowledgeable in nutrition/vitamins, etc. (My former IP coach didn't know much more than what she learned in training.) I was just going to purchase the Proti Diet products and do the program on my own but I was so impressed with Debbie, I signed up with their program and committed to driving there once a month for a weigh in and measurements. In the meantime, we'll keep in touch via text, phone and email. Proti Diet has some new products coming in that are GLUTEN FREE which is exciting news for people with gluten sensitivities.

She mentioned that she has customers as far away as the Yukon and I said, "Yup, she's the lady that mentioned you on 3fatchicks and the reason I'm here!" Thanks CleverName!
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #73
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3

Default

Hi guys, I'm on week 6 of IP and lost 22lbs so far. Yay! I've just ordered from lowcarbgrocery.com and Nashua. Let's see how it goes. Fingers crossed on the duty and taxes from Nashua. Thanks to this awesome thread I am heading to Costco tomorrow and maybe Dr B.
I just can't keep justifying $115-145 a week. Crazy!
Happy New Year!
OzCanByrnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
PurpleMomster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 238/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hey, fellow Canucks! Wal-Mart has their box of 6 Pure Protein bars on sale this week - $5.47 a box. I haven't gone yet to check them out - I'm curious and might start some alternatives when I re-start in February - but it seems like a good price.

Jo
__________________
Back at P1 February 4, 2014!

PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #75
Restart(ALTS): 07/11/13
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 934

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hey, fellow Canucks! Wal-Mart has their box of 6 Pure Protein bars on sale this week - $5.47 a box. I haven't gone yet to check them out - I'm curious and might start some alternatives when I re-start in February - but it seems like a good price.

Jo
I picked some up at Target last week for $4.79 a box! Worked out cheaper than Costco. I bought all six boxes they had on the shelf!

My favorite is the one in the brown wrapper... tastes just like a brownie!
__________________

Last edited by shrinkingsusie : 01-02-2014 at 04:26 PM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein Vol.2 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 197 05-17-2013 12:27 PM
Maintainer's Vol. 6 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 507 07-10-2012 01:18 PM
The Maintainers, Vol. 3 JellyMae87 Ideal Protein Diet 564 02-04-2012 04:32 PM
Old Hens - 40+ And Ready To Lose - Vol. 7 Terri in MO 300+ Club 31 08-17-2005 07:48 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2