The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

You're on Page 17 of 34
Go to
  • kaylynt: I hope that your son is okay. I can't imagine how scary that would be. If one of my kids were in the hospital, the last thing on my mind would be eating OP. It's awesome that your weight just stayed the same and that you can just move forward.
  • Hospitals, surprisingly are not great for healthy food options. Just important to are back on plan now. I hope your son is ok!

In terms of our weight loss challenge, I'm not able to go to my clinic this week so I am using my own scale which I know is different than the clinic. I am going to say -2. Which I know I should be pleased with but I'd still like to see at least one big drop soon! I'm dying to be out of the 2teens.
  • Quote: I have a confession to make. My son had 4 seizures on Saturday, so I spent the whole weekend at the hospital and couldn't leave. I ate off plan...then ate off Plan on Monday and Tuesday cause I wanted too . Last night my guilt caught up with me and good news is: I feel now more than ever that this diet works and I want to stick to it, even if I had a slip-up.

Today I don't feel completely ashamed. And have been OP.

Weight wise, compared to last WI I did no damage, but I didn't make any progress either. Still 188.5
    I can totally see how that would be a struggle. Good for you for getting back on the horse!

I can report a 1.2 loss this past week, which I'm okay with.
  • Weigh in Wednesday
    Hi all:
    I hope your son will be doing well soon, kaylynt. Is this an ongoing expected issue or something new taking your family by surprise? If you feel that I'm prying - don't bother to answer, I get it. Just wondering because if it's something that you might be expecting, you could have an emergency IP kit in a little bag ready to go. Put in a shaker cup, spoon, microwave proof mug, and several packets of soup, pudding, drinks, or other packets that are easy to prepare. Then you have something to take with you to the hospital - a 'grab 'n' go' bag. All you'd need to do was get a side salad at the cafeteria and you'd be OK without having to concentrate on the food aspect; you could concentrate on your son and yet still stay close to plan, easing your mind a bit. Just an idea.

Re: weigh in - oopsie! too much Kinder chocolate (I won an Kinder Ultra egg the other day - over 100g of chocolate!) and Randy & I split it at breakfast. That and other 'Funday' eating meant a gain of 2 lbs - Wed AM at 133.3 lbs. TODAY is a Phase 1ish sort of day. I keep winning chocolate - 2 separate times from Safeway pull tab contest AND the Kinder from the Pharmasave (I was hoping to win a gift card).

Liana
  • Quote: Hi all:
    I hope your son will be doing well soon, kaylynt. Is this an ongoing expected issue or something new taking your family by surprise? If you feel that I'm prying - don't bother to answer, I get it. Just wondering because if it's something that you might be expecting, you could have an emergency IP kit in a little bag ready to go. Put in a shaker cup, spoon, microwave proof mug, and several packets of soup, pudding, drinks, or other packets that are easy to prepare. Then you have something to take with you to the hospital - a 'grab 'n' go' bag. All you'd need to do was get a side salad at the cafeteria and you'd be OK without having to concentrate on the food aspect; you could concentrate on your son and yet still stay close to plan, easing your mind a bit. Just an idea.
    Liana
    I think it might be an ongoing problem. He had one last November, then February, March, but this latest time he had 4 all at once...which never has happened. Following the pattern, they are getting more frequent, at least once a month now, but he only has them when he gets a fever. So as long as I can keep him healthy he should be ok. His Pediatrician thinks he will grow out of it, but not for another 2-3 years.

Good idea though. I'm going make an IP emergency kit and have it ready.

Quote: I can totally see how that would be a struggle. Good for you for getting back on the horse!

I can report a 1.2 loss this past week, which I'm okay with.
    Quote: Hospitals, surprisingly are not great for healthy food options. Just important to are back on plan now. I hope your son is ok!
    Quote: kaylynt: I hope that your son is okay. I can't imagine how scary that would be. If one of my kids were in the hospital, the last thing on my mind would be eating OP. It's awesome that your weight just stayed the same and that you can just move forward.
    Quote: Congrats! Two accomplishments! ON plan, and guilt free!
    Thank-you all for your concern and encouragement
  • Quote: Re: weigh in - oopsie! too much Kinder chocolate (I won an Kinder Ultra egg the other day - over 100g of chocolate!) and Randy & I split it at breakfast. That and other 'Funday' eating meant a gain of 2 lbs - Wed AM at 133.3 lbs. TODAY is a Phase 1ish sort of day. I keep winning chocolate - 2 separate times from Safeway pull tab contest AND the Kinder from the Pharmasave (I was hoping to win a gift card).

Liana
    Back to 132 this AM, so probably not fat weight lol, just retaining water to process the rich chocolate or salty stuff eaten. Whew! Well, they do say that the day after Funday should be a Phase 1 sort of day

Liana
  • Canadijneh, it is so great to hear what it is like on phase 4 and to know that at the end of this road is a plan that will allow some indulgences while maintaining the losses. I can't wait to get to that point! Thank you for sharing!
  • Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting much this week. I too was at the hospital for the past five days, due to a family member not doing very well and was admitted to the hospital. I tried to stay on plan as best I could but there were times that I ate off plan. I feel ashamed because I am committed and now I have to wait the few days to get back into ketosis. I am also on my period this week, which usually makes me gain anyways. I am up 3 pounds... hopefully it is due to water weight etc...
    Seems like a lot of people had struggled this week, but I am glad to hear of the successes as well.
    I hope this week is good for everyone and better for those who struggled this past week. We still have a bit to go until the end of May for our 20 pound challenge. We can do this
  • Quote: Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting much this week. I too was at the hospital for the past five days, due to a family member not doing very well and was admitted to the hospital. I tried to stay on plan as best I could but there were times that I ate off plan. I feel ashamed because I am committed and now I have to wait the few days to get back into ketosis. I am also on my period this week, which usually makes me gain anyways. I am up 3 pounds... hopefully it is due to water weight etc...
    Seems like a lot of people had struggled this week, but I am glad to hear of the successes as well.
    I hope this week is good for everyone and better for those who struggled this past week. We still have a bit to go until the end of May for our 20 pound challenge. We can do this
    I was told by my coach when someone in our group cheated that the 3 pounds is your glycogen storage which is why you always go a little past goal before moving on to the next phase. It isn't fat so don't fret too much about it. You have enough to worry about with a sick family member. A week back on plan you will lose the 3 and likely more.
  • Thank you for the kind words chipndip.

Hope everyone has a good Easter!
  • Happy Weigh in Wednesday. I am happy to report a 3.4 pound loss. Feeling so good right now!!!
  • Must be a good week! I had to guess last week at 2 since I didn't go for my weigh in, but in the two weeks I lost 6 so I will happily say I last 4 lbs this week!

Also started DH on Monday. He used my stuff while we have been waiting for proti diet and low carb grocery delivery for him. He is pushing back a little. Won't agree that he will feel better in a few days. I hope he lasts. It will be wonderful to do this together and since men always lose faster, I'm glad I have almost a 40 pound lead.

Crossing my fingers that the losses will continue at this great rate and I will be able to change my avatar this week!
  • Quote: In terms of our weight loss challenge, I'm not able to go to my clinic this week so I am using my own scale which I know is different than the clinic. I am going to say -2. Which I know I should be pleased with but I'd still like to see at least one big drop soon! I'm dying to be out of the 2teens.
    Weigh in Wednesday: at 133 even. Up from 132 but on maintenance up or down a pound - not too worrying. Maybe I will give up the 785 calorie dinners with 55 fat grams, lol. Surprisingly still within plan for calorie count and carbs to fats ratio. Just not something I should do every day...

Liana
  • Hi All!!! Happy to hear about the Wednesday weigh ins!! Seems like we are all well on our way to our weight loss challenge!!
    I started at 187.6, went down to 184.4, and then had a rough week last week due to the hospital food, but am happy to report that I am now 180.6. Slower progress due to the week last week, but have lost 7 pounds over all. Here is to this week and all of us doing fabulous!

I will update everybody's total losses at the end of the month (next Wednesday) so we have a month progress total for everyone!
  • Anybody else going a little crazy with all the old threads that have been bumped to the top? I keep thinking I have something new to rad and realize the threads started months ago!!

Well now this one is back to the main page

I just got my shipment from the low carb grocer and Debbie at Nourish since I put hubby on alternatives. We are kind of mixing it all together. I can't give up IP because I love my crisps. I'm also patiently waiting for the return of lemon wafers! Haven't lost any weight since wMy weigh in though. If that continues, I'm going back to pure IP.