The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

You're on Page 14 of 34
Go to
  • Magnesium
    I didn't really understand all of the benefits of taking Magnesium, but then I found this website http://www.naturalcalm.ca/

I bought the magnesium citrate powder. You mix it with hot water and drink it like a tea. I have it at about 7:30 and find it is very satisfying, relaxing and even a little sweet to help with my normal sugar cravings that time of the night.
  • Another fellow Canadian checking in! This is my third week on plan. Loving it all so far.
  • Hi All!

I have posted in other threads but seeing that I am from Calgary, I thought that The Canadian Thread may be more appropriate to post in.

I am starting plan and was wondering if anyone would be up for having a weightloss contest or something... where we all, together, have a goal and do weekly weigh ins with one another, which also helps with accountability.

Like if we had a goal to all be down 20 pounds by May Long Weekend, and each week we could gather everyone's weights?

Just thought I would put the idea out there. I hope everyone had an OP weekend!
  • Sure, I would be in for that! Good idea SusanneXo090
  • Glad to hear you are up for it nsessmith

Does Wednesday sound like a good day to gather start weights so it gives everyone a few days to check the thread?
  • I'd be good for that too! Not sure I can get 20 lbs off by then. I seem to be about two a week now, but it would be a great goal to achieve. I have two events after the long weekend. Going to them with 20 lbs less would be fantastic!
  • Good luck to you all. I don't think I'll consider it a challenge but I could chime in just to celebrate my Wednesday weigh ins anyway... Sound ok?
  • I need more IP salt, but I've switched to alternatives. It's a hassle going into the pharmacy that i used to go to especially just for the salt. Does anyone know if it's okay to just buy the reduced sodium salt from the grocery store or is the IP salt essential to bother getting?
  • Quote: I need more IP salt, but I've switched to alternatives. It's a hassle going into the pharmacy that i used to go to especially just for the salt. Does anyone know if it's okay to just buy the reduced sodium salt from the grocery store or is the IP salt essential to bother getting?
    I believe IP salt is just recommended but any sea salt is fine. Maybe post on the alternative thread? I know there was another brand suggested but it may have been American.
  • Hi all.

So far we have myself, Sheriously (for weighins), ChipnDip, and nsesmith for the challenge/encouragement

On Wednesday's just post your weight and I will go through and gather everyones and post it collectively so it is easier to keep track of everyone

Good luck!! The challenge/encouragement starts tomorrow But anyone feel free to join whenever.
  • Quote: Hi all.

So far we have myself, Sheriously (for weighins), ChipnDip, and nsesmith for the challenge/encouragement

On Wednesday's just post your weight and I will go through and gather everyones and post it collectively so it is easier to keep track of everyone

Good luck!! The challenge/encouragement starts tomorrow But anyone feel free to join whenever.
    Wednesday afternoon has coincidentally always been my weigh in day

OT - I made an accidental yet delicious discovery by forgetting my "ChocoRite" Cappuccino shake in the freezer this morning...thawed it this afternoon, yet not completely...whizzed it with my hand blender and ate it when it was ice cream consistency!!!! yay!
  • I'll join to! Wednesday afternoon/evenings are my weigh ins!
  • Murphy's Law that my first time taking part in this Wednesday Weigh In thing, is the very first week that I lose NOTHING since I started January 13th. I'm not worried though, really. I have been right on protocol (with alternatives), and getting all my water, etc. BUT thankfully I have a scale that told me something interesting. Since I bought the scale 6 weeks ago, I have stayed exactly the same % of muscle...this past week I gained 2% muscle! I also lost 2% body fat!

So I think that should count for something!! Keeping positive.
  • Perfect.

So do you guys want to post your weights for today and I will keep them each Wednesday and will show a total?
  • Quote: Murphy's Law that my first time taking part in this Wednesday Weigh In thing, is the very first week that I lose NOTHING since I started January 13th. I'm not worried though, really. I have been right on protocol (with alternatives), and getting all my water, etc. BUT thankfully I have a scale that told me something interesting. Since I bought the scale 6 weeks ago, I have stayed exactly the same % of muscle...this past week I gained 2% muscle! I also lost 2% body fat!

So I think that should count for something!! Keeping positive.
    Definitely counts! I'm sure a big loss is on the horizon. More muscle means more fat burning!