Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 323/305/200

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to what the scale says this week! I really enjoy seeing how everyone is doing.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #32  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Avalon - I did it I did it, thank you for helping me and leading the way!
Woot! Woot! Isn't it fun to finally get your tracker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzaq View Post
Hi Everyone, Looking forward to what the scale says this week! I really enjoy seeing how everyone is doing.
LOL! Did you ever think you'd utter those words...."Looking forward to what the scale says..." ? That's what IP will do for you! Good luck on your weigh in!

Good Monday Morning Everyone! I have to tell you about a book I read yesterday (yes, read the whole thing yesterday) that you MUST check out. I originally got a free "sample" version on my Kindle, loved it, so downloaded the whole book.

The book is "Refuse to Regain!" by Barbara Berkeley, MD. It is devoted to strategies for maintaining your weight loss - no matter the method or diet you used to lose the weight - but has some great tips that I think can be used throughout your weight loss as well (for instance, dealing with sabotaging people, etc). I really urge you to check it out.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #33  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Morning all. I'm week 2 now so no 5 proteins a day. Did ok yesterday, was busy running around so not to focused on the next time I eat! Does anyone have a suggestion for flavoring the water? I need just a little something on glasses 8-10. The powder they sell at my IP location is very expensive so if anyone knows of any substitutes, I'd be grateful. Happy Monday!!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Morning all. I'm week 2 now so no 5 proteins a day. Did ok yesterday, was busy running around so not to focused on the next time I eat! Does anyone have a suggestion for flavoring the water? I need just a little something on glasses 8-10. The powder they sell at my IP location is very expensive so if anyone knows of any substitutes, I'd be grateful. Happy Monday!!
The satisfaction level with any of the other products on the market that meet IP criteria varies...according to your own taste. However; I found the EAS carb advantage RTG shakes just fine. (Esp the cafe carmel)....and saw yesterday the Walgreen's ad we got had them on sale this week with your Wellness card. Want to say they are buy one 4 pk and get one 50% off...

Last edited by 65X65; 09-23-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Slow week after many restaurants challenges not totally met successfully - I have a lot to learn about eating out and asking questions and ordering. My last outing was a fancy spread/buffet for my husband's work. I managed well but did not think to even ask if I could get salad undressed or salmon without the glaze. Obviously if the restaurant had to restock the tables, they could have probably 'custom' made a plate for me.

I need to be more assertive in meeting my needs when out. These are real world situations we will all face when we are on maintenance and in all the years to come. I do not want to "hide" from eating out because I do not learn anything that way, and I miss all the fun.

So chalk up a smaller weight loss to some great learning after the fact. Look forward to hitting -30 pounds next week, please!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #36  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I'm sitting here at work avoiding doing anything productive. LOL This is usually how my Mondays are after a slam dunk weekend. I made the Broccoli Cheese soup into "bread" today according the to the recipe someone posted in the weekends daily thread and I'm am excited to have a chicken salad "sandwich" for lunch (Chix salad made with WF mayo)

Really hoping to break the 25lb mark on Thursday My half way goal will be 30 and I'd like to see that by Halloween. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Living in New Orleans it's like a mini Mardi Gras and I have a great costume to wear!

I am going to go as Abby from NCIS (my favorite show and both my dogs are named after characters)

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday
Old 09-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #37  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Avalon - I did it I did it, thank you for helping me and leading the way!
KareVT, your tracker looks great ... and you are almost 1/2 way home already!
Way to GO!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #38  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

schenectady, I can so relate! I use to get a salad once a week at "Choptd" before IP, I know they have shrimp so I went in today to order and I asked if their shrimp was coated in something! The manager was great, he looked it up - and it was (salt, canola oil, garlic, cayenne pepper) so I said no, I'll stick with the hard boiled eggs. But I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't read your post. So thanks! I also learned that their 'cups' are 1/4 cups so had to augment the salad with canned albacore tuna to get my 8 ozs. Feel like I dodged a bullet!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I have a question about the cauliflower "bread sticks" recipe. Does that count as 1 serving of veggies (2 cups) or more? I have an idea that I want to do with it but I need to know if they counted as 2 c first

Wrong thread sorry!!!!

Last edited by sarahBell; 09-23-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I have a question about the cauliflower "bread sticks" recipe. Does that count as 1 serving of veggies (2 cups) or more? I have an idea that I want to do with it but I need to know if they counted as 2 c first

Wrong thread sorry!!!!
You know you can delete posts if you post incorrectly. It is an option in the "edit" feature
Old 09-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #41  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Well, smaller loss this week but with TOM, it was to be expected. Disappointing though when you are 100% OP and you lose less than a pound. This week has to be better!

My dh is away this week so cooking will be a challenge. He cooks dinner because he only works until 4 and has been great at preparing my IP dinners (which he has been eating too) so I'm a little anxious about cooking. I work until 5 and my kids have activities every evening this week so in the past, I have often resorted to fast food or things like hot dogs and mac'n cheese because they are quick. But I've got things fairly well-planned so it should be okay. Just another layer of anxiousness that I don't need LOL.

I need to meet my next mini-goal so must stay on track!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #42  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lovely Augusters!!!

I had my 4th WI today and it was good but could have been better because cheated and it showed in my numbers!!!! DH made bacon on Sat and Sun and I had ONE PIECE each day and it caused my fat percentage to rise .5%!!!! I lost 2lbs which is good but I wanted to loose at least 3 this week to achieve a total of 20lbs in a month. I'm one pound shy...why??? BACON!!!! OH! And I wasn't eating any restricted items but I need to do so now because I'm loosing lean muscle mass :-( I've lost 19 in total but it's 10lbs fat and 9lbs lean muscle. I feel fine, but that's what the numbers say; so it's chocolate muffins for breakfast this week, lol.

Hopefully the restricted foods will prevent any more LM loss. That's it for me Augusters. Lesson learned, don't cheat...not even just a taste!!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Default What's the norm for coaches?

Ok so I am wondering what is the "normal" practice for coaches. How long do your weigh in meetings last? Do you get measured each week? I feel very rushed through mine, like it's just about the money I am going to spend on the products and not about coaching. I learn much more here. Just curious if maybe I am expecting too much and what my coach does is the norm. Feedback....
Old 09-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #44  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Ok so I am wondering what is the "normal" practice for coaches. How long do your weigh in meetings last? Do you get measured each week? I feel very rushed through mine, like it's just about the money I am going to spend on the products and not about coaching. I learn much more here. Just curious if maybe I am expecting too much and what my coach does is the norm. Feedback....
Although I don't feel "rushed" at mine, they do go very quick. My clinic allows 20 min per appt, but mine usually last about 10 min. I email my coach ahead of time with my order so she has it packed up and ready when I arrive. I get there, weigh in, get measured, pay and I'm on my way. She does ask me about my week...But I haven't really recieved much unsolicited advice. If I have a question, she will give me answers. I guess I thought things were going so quick because I haven't gained/plateued yet, and I'm hoping that if my losses start to taper off she will spend some time going through my food diary or spend time giving me advice...fingers crossed.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Restaurant eating out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
schenectady, I can so relate! I use to get a salad once a week at "Choptd" before IP, I know they have shrimp so I went in today to order and I asked if their shrimp was coated in something! The manager was great, he looked it up - and it was (salt, canola oil, garlic, cayenne pepper) so I said no, I'll stick with the hard boiled eggs. But I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't read your post. So thanks! I also learned that their 'cups' are 1/4 cups so had to augment the salad with canned albacore tuna to get my 8 ozs. Feel like I dodged a bullet!!!
I wish I could accept the credit, but it was 65X65 who brought me up to speed on all this. Today, I was in a group setting of 25 at a Mexican restaurant and I thought that maybe I was not up to my challenge of figuring this one out.

Nothing worked, but then I saw the chicken tortilla soup, which I ordered...minus the tortilla strips, minus the avocado, minus the cheese, minus the sour cream, minus almost everything. The waiter looks at me and says "so you want a bowl of chicken broth with shredded chicken it in?" I said yes but the look I got was not friendly. I happily paid the full price for a bowl of broth and a tiny handful of shredded chicken, but I stayed OP!

Last edited by schenectady; 09-23-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Closed Thread