Who started August 2013? Part II :)

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Hi there. I hope this isn't creepy but I was reading your info and it seems like we have a lot in common. I too am a teacher. I started IP. On the first day back, at first I thought I was nuts, but now I'm so glad I did. I am looking for people to connect with. I am doing this on my own and sometimes it's just nice to be able to chat with someone with a similar experience. Thanks!
  • Good Morning all, I had my weigh in this morning - down another 2.6 that seems to be my typical number most weeks.. which I will take so down 16 lbs in 5 weeks.. Not as fast as some but as long as the number is going down I will be happy.. I can't wiat to get to onederland.... sooo excited for that... its been a few years. I have some challenging days coming up.. today I have a work lunch and not sure how much control I will have over the menu.. i don't mind asking for subsitutes but don't want to make a spectable of myself.. I guess a salad is always safe and eat something else after i leave..

Have a great day op everyone.. I hope my signature got straightened out.. my pic was huge.. if not and it comes out huge can someone give me a tip on how to fix it.. getting frustrated..cheers
  • I just wanted the pic to show instead of my avatar not in the body of the message - I am a little technically challenged lol - help!
  • Good Morning Clarington! Great loss again! I hope I am that successful tomorrow! Don't know how to help you with the picture, but it's a great pic! I think you are one of those lucky people who don't look as heavy as the scale shows. I hope you take that as a compliment!
  • Clarington - I just added an avatar finally. Did you try "Edit Avatar" and click the "Custom Avatar" at the bottom and browse to select your picture? Maybe you put it in the signature instead? Just guessing......
  • Quote: I just wanted the pic to show instead of my avatar not in the body of the message - I am a little technically challenged lol - help!
    It looks like it is a signature but way too big
    Perhaps delete it from sig
    Go go to User CP > edit avatar
    Put it there instead

Quote: I know that I shouldn't compare, but....it's hard not to. I too started in August 28 to be exact. At weigh in yesterday I have lost 9.5 pounds, which is good but definately less than the 3-5 average. I follow the plan and don't cheat, ever. My starting weight was 190lbs. I make sure I eat 3 packets, 8oz lean meat, 4 cups of veggies daily, and drink 80 oz of water. I exercised before IP, but haven't since I started. I just don't have the energy. Any insight would be appreciated, I'm ready to loose this weight! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my rambles!
    Who told you 3-5 lbs? IP stopped these claims at the beginning of the year. My guess is your coach doesn't keep current

It is now 2-4 for women and you are above the 2 mark.

You don't say how much you have to lose but we CANNOT compare ourselves to each other. We all have different metabolisms, daily activity levels, stress levels, and more.

Weight loss is only one measure of fat loss. At 9.5, I bet you are down a size. Inches ar hugely important

Celebrate each loss. Complaining causes stress which blocks weight loss.

Join the 100% thread for more inspiration! No cheating there. We all figure out ways to stay OP no matter what!
  • Good morning! Today is WI #5. As usual, results will be a surprise as I don't weigh at home.

Have a great day, everyone! I'll check in later.
  • Morning all, really hungry this morning, it's very distracting. Can I eat some of my 2 cups veggies or do I need to wait for lunch? Sat in traffic for over 2 hours last night so missed my eat every 4 hours window by 30 mins, hope that doesn't impact my weight loss.

Coreyle - I feel your desire to fall into the 3-5, I know Lisa says that's not what IP coaches are saying now but mine did, and all the guys in teh office have said it. I'm workingon accepting the fact that I'll lose the weight if I stick to the plan 100% - some weeks may be 3+, others it'll be less but I want this weight off for good. Hang in there!
  • Hi August buddies!

6 weeks completed now! 2.4 lbs lost this week, no inches, but glad there is movement somewhere!

I definitely relate to those on the board who are hoping for bigger losses each week. I empathize with your frustration! I thought I would be in the 3-5 range before starting IP because of some of the marketing material I read online, but then my coach (as well as more experienced IP'ers on the boards) said 2-3 is more realistic.

I don't know about others, but for me I think my expectations about weight loss were tied in to my patterns of being used to instant gratification. If I was hungry/bored/tired/sad/happy and so on, I ate in reaction to it. Weight loss isn't always as instantly gratifying as eating for those or any other reason was, but I've got my eyes on the prize! I'm working very hard to stay focused on the big picture rather than get too caught up in every movement of the scale! Keep on protocol and it will happen.
  • Yippee -- down 3.6 this week. Only lost 1" total (1/2" an inch on hips, 1/2" on thigh) but I'll take it! That put me at an even 25 lbs. lost, which is really pretty amazing! :-)

I suspect it is my TOM. I've had all parts removed except one ovary (due to endometriosis) so I can't really tell, but I am super tired today. In fact, I left work a couple of hours early.

I hope you have all had a great day!
  • Quote: Good Morning Clarington! Great loss again! I hope I am that successful tomorrow! Don't know how to help you with the picture, but it's a great pic! I think you are one of those lucky people who don't look as heavy as the scale shows. I hope you take that as a compliment!
    Thanks, my friend and I were chatting the other day that we don't think a lot of men realize how much women way sometimes, lol, they must think everyone is around 13- or 140..not that I would ever tell anyone what I weigh, well only on here
  • Quote: Hi August buddies!

6 weeks completed now! 2.4 lbs lost this week. I don't know about others, but for me I think my expectations about weight loss were tied in to my patterns of being used to instant gratification. If I was hungry/bored/tired/sad/happy and so on, I ate in reaction to it. Weight loss isn't always as instantly gratifying as eating for those or any other reason was, but I've got my eyes on the prize!
    Nice loss this week! I completely agree about the whole "instant gratification" thing - in the past I have given up on diets after a week or so (or sometimes even sooner!) because I wasn't achieving the completely unrealistic expectations I had set in my mind! Like you, I am just 'going with the flow' this time (at least for now - though I haven't had a slowdown or stall yet like others have, and haven't been on IP for months and months like some of the seniors). But my goal and plan is to just stay OP, believe it will happen, and it will!

Quote: Yippee -- down 3.6 this week. That put me at an even 25 lbs. lost, which is really pretty amazing! :-)
    GREAT loss today Rockabilly! Keeping my fingers crossed for my WI tomorrow. Really want to at least get to that -20 lb mark!
  • slownsteady: Love your positive attitude, keep it up!
  • Whoops! I posted in the daily thread but not here. WK6 WI - 3.2lbs and down a total of 16 inches!
  • I didn't have any loss this week. I've pretty bummed. Laying off the WF products and hoping for a Whoosh next week!