3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Who started August 2013? Part II :)

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #136
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/134/137

Height: 5'4

Good morning all! WI2 today - down 5 lbs!!! WOOT! I bought the Omicron scale,(Amazon, $69 including shipping), set it up this am, weighed myself and did all the measurements, then went to my coach and snapped a pic of my journal so I can track at home and at the clinic. I lost muscle last week, starting to come back but coach says I can hit the gym after I complete week 3. Pre IP, I was in the gym 3 times a week with a personal trainer weight lifting so really itching to get back.

I am absolutely religious about this diet - I can only confirm what others say, stick to the protocal - ABSOLUTELY!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #137
Restart July, 13 2014

S/C/G: 214.5/194/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Good morning all! WI2 today - down 5 lbs!!! WOOT! I bought the Omicron scale,(Amazon, $69 including shipping), set it up this am, weighed myself and did all the measurements, then went to my coach and snapped a pic of my journal so I can track at home and at the clinic. I lost muscle last week, starting to come back but coach says I can hit the gym after I complete week 3. Pre IP, I was in the gym 3 times a week with a personal trainer weight lifting so really itching to get back.

I am absolutely religious about this diet - I can only confirm what others say, stick to the protocal - ABSOLUTELY!!!
Awesome work and great attitude, way to go!!!

One for every 5 gone!

-5, -5, -4, -3, -1.5, -2.5, +2
Old 09-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #138
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Everyone! My kids are here visiting this week , so I am one happy Mom!! We will be having a BBQ at another son's house later today and I am prepared! I think I mentioned before that they eat Paleo, so that it right up my alley with the protein and veggies! I wanted to make something Paleo, but 'carby' for the other folks who will be there (I will not have this but I liked making it!) - so I made a sweet potato waldorf salad! Cooked, cubed sweet potatoes, apples, dried cranberries, celery, red onion, walnuts, and the dressing is mayo (lower fat, and made with olive oil) and a squeeze of lemon. This will later be something I can have in maintenance I think! Sure looks out of this world! Also made some sautéed red, yellow, green peppers to serve with the low fat turkey Italian sausage (coach approved) on the grill. Only thing missing was cooking the onions with the peppers, but thought it could do without, and that way I can have them! Will be lots of other good veggies available too. So, I'm hoping for smooth sailing! Have a great Saturday everyone!

Last edited by slownsteady : 09-28-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #139
IP start 8/31/2013

S/C/G: 265/245/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
You are so right about the instant gratification! Something hard to handle and I reach for Ben&Jerry, in private where no one can see how badly I eat. Very embarrassing if I were ever caught. I used to have to drive out to the store to replace the ice cream I ate in case anyone went looking for their favorite treat that I ate!
OMG!! I did that toooo.... but also with cookies, candies--whatever my kiddos bought as a treat, bc they know I didn't buy that stuff for myself!! LOL

wwwhhhooooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #140

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Hi there!

Not sure if you meant this for me, but I am guessing so. Welcome! I am glad I started, too, even if it was the first week of school!
Good luck with your progress. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Renee
Hi Renee,
It was meant for you. I'm new here and still trying to figure out how things work! I hope things are still going well for you.
Corey

Last edited by Coreyle : 09-29-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Autocorrect
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #141
IP Start Date 9/1/2014

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 6'3"

Another inch lost!

I'm down 16" total now (8" off my waist, 4.5" off my hips, and 3.5" off my bust) -- pretty amazing for only 61 days.

It's almost shocking that those numbers average out to about 1/4" total lost per day (off 3 measurements) ... or 1" (off 3 measurements) every 4 days. You could almost do some sort of time lapse photography to capture that in movie form.

Even more mind-blowing (to me at least) is I am losing 1" off my waistline every 8 days (or 4" off my waistline a month).

WOW, this just doesn't seem possible. If I didn't see this with my own eyes and own tape measure, I might not have believed it either.

Last edited by Avalon1957 : 09-29-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #142

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/207/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Good morning all! WI2 today - down 5 lbs!!! WOOT!
Congratulations on the big loss AND the dedication to the protocol. That is what keeps us going.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #143
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Another inch lost!

I'm down 16" total now (8" off my waist, 4.5" off my hips, and 3.5" off my bust) -- pretty amazing for only 61 days.

It's almost shocking that those numbers average out to about 1/4" total lost per day (off 3 measurements) ... or 1" (off 3 measurements) every 4 days. You could almost do some sort of time lapse photography to capture that in movie form.

Even more mind-blowing (to me at least) is I am losing 1" off my waistline every 8 days (or 4" off my waistline a month).

WOW, this just doesn't seem possible. If I didn't see this with my own eyes and own tape measure, I might not have believed it either.
That's fantastic! And I love your fondness for calculations! :-)
It IS pretty amazing to see how quickly there are visible results with IP. The last couple of days I've really had the urge to munch on something between meals. When you're on a plan that gives losses of 0.5 lbs a week or so, it's easy to rationalize that a cheat won't really slow you down that much . . . but (for me, anyway), IP is different and I was unwilling to cheat so I just plain DIDN'T. NSV!

Keep up the great work!
Old 09-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #144

Default Cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
it's easy to rationalize that a cheat won't really slow you down that much . . . but (for me, anyway), IP is different and I was unwilling to cheat so I just plain DIDN'T. NSV!
I absolutely agree but last night for the first time I found myself cheating - in my dreams! I was really enjoying Kentucky Fried Chicken, peeling all that juice crunchy stuff off the chicken. Then I was really enjoying some tacos - what is funny about that is that I don't even like or eat Mexican food!

Old 09-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #145
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I absolutely agree but last night for the first time I found myself cheating - in my dreams! I was really enjoying Kentucky Fried Chicken, peeling all that juice crunchy stuff off the chicken. Then I was really enjoying some tacos - what is funny about that is that I don't even like or eat Mexican food!
I've had dreams about cheating too! Usually I'm at a party and someone brings me a drink or some food and I am drinking/eating it when I remember it's not allowed and I panic and spit it out! How crazy is that??

Just had a NSV! Put on one of my favorite t-shirts (from the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend!) and like most of my t-shirts, it's a 2X, and I usually have to pull and fuss to get the tummy stretched out enough so I don't feel like it's clinging to my fat. Today there was no pulling and it's loose in the tummy! Yay!!
Old 09-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #146
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Just had a NSV! Put on one of my favorite t-shirts (from the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend!) and like most of my t-shirts, it's a 2X, and I usually have to pull and fuss to get the tummy stretched out enough so I don't feel like it's clinging to my fat. Today there was no pulling and it's loose in the tummy! Yay!!
Soon you'll be giving those 2x shirts AWAY!
I just gave away my last one yesterday...I was saving it for a friend who came to visit...oh wait. I have 2 I still sleep in...good sleep shirts now.

I have gone from 2x t shirts to large (currently). I could probably squeeze a medium but it would cling more than I'm comfortable with at this point.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #147

Thanks for your input. Helps to benefit from your experiences. So far in one month I lost 7 pounds so I am glad for that and feel good. (Note to self: those were 7 expensive pounds.) I guess I went into this with expectations that were different than the actual outcome.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielechien View Post
Thanks for your input. Helps to benefit from your experiences. So far in one month I lost 7 pounds so I am glad for that and feel good. (Note to self: those were 7 expensive pounds.) I guess I went into this with expectations that were different than the actual outcome.
Things may change, though, louielechien - do not give up! I started fast, very fast, but have significantly slowed down in weeks 4 & 5. The weight does not always follow how good we may have been and that can feel difficult.

I find that if I reread the protocol sheet every now and then it helps refresh my mind as to what I can do and where I am going.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #149
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Default Monday!

Good Morning Augusters and Everyone!! Had a fabulous weekend with my kids. Had a BBQ on Saturday, and went out to dinner last night. 100% OP without any problem. It is simply a mindset. Hardest thing was getting all of my packets and water in, but managed to do that too. A great start to the week! Have a great Monday everyone!

PS - Augusters, if you haven't checked in for awhile, but sure to let us know how you are doing! We are all here for each other!!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #150

Default August check-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Good Morning Augusters and Everyone!! Had a fabulous weekend with my kids. Had a BBQ on Saturday, and went out to dinner last night. 100% OP without any problem. It is simply a mindset. Hardest thing was getting all of my packets and water in, but managed to do that too. A great start to the week! Have a great Monday everyone!

PS - Augusters, if you haven't checked in for awhile, but sure to let us know how you are doing! We are all here for each other!!
Checking in as an "Auguster" - things are going relatively well. Some medical issues cropped up that have slowed things down a bit but have not budge off the program one bit (except for drinking barium contrast solution!)

We travelled out to Eastern Washington to see our son in college. He is begging me for more home baked goods since he is having a hard time keeping weight ON due to his workout schedule. So today my challenge is to make him all the goodies and not touch.

I have found a big bowl of hot soapy water helps - it is always nearby and I quickly dunk anything tempting into there when I am done with spoons, mixing bowls, beaters, whatever. No sense tempting fate.

This week I hope things calm down. I will get outside and rake and chop up limbs that fell in the huge wind storm we are having. So happy it came along, right after I had just swept and raked earlier this week. It's OK, the exercise is good for me and more fun than walking!

Hang in there August IP'ers! The more support we have for each other, the more fun and more effective this program will be.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.