Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 9/20/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #2  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Happy Friday Everyone, have a great day OP
Old 09-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #3  

We have so many newcomers I thought another great thread would help

Most of the "staple" recipes are here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-center-3.html
Old 09-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IPeeps!!

Happy Friday!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

I weighed for my first time since last Friday and I am down 8.4 lbs. This is more than what I thought I would be down. So I am pretty happy
DH took a pic of the scale last Friday for 100% proof to me that I will lose.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good Morning all!!

I know I've been a bit quiet lately (work has been CRAZY!) but DH and I did our weigh-in thing, and well, I just had to share! I've officially hit my first mini-goal of 25 lbs by my 33rd b-day! And a week early to boot!! I'm so proud of myself, and know that this is something I can stick to. It's been a real struggle the past week or so, and I've had bad moments and made bad choices, but this is definately renewing my faith in myself and the program.

I just seriously, couldn't wait to come and tell my IPeeps!

Hope everyone has an awesome Friday and an even better weekend! TGIF!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #7  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Good Morning!

I weighed for my first time since last Friday and I am down 8.4 lbs. This is more than what I thought I would be down. So I am pretty happy
DH took a pic of the scale last Friday for 100% proof to me that I will lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Good Morning all!!

I know I've been a bit quiet lately (work has been CRAZY!) but DH and I did our weigh-in thing, and well, I just had to share! I've officially hit my first mini-goal of 25 lbs by my 33rd b-day! And a week early to boot!! I'm so proud of myself, and know that this is something I can stick to. It's been a real struggle the past week or so, and I've had bad moments and made bad choices, but this is definately renewing my faith in myself and the program.

I just seriously, couldn't wait to come and tell my IPeeps!

Hope everyone has an awesome Friday and an even better weekend! TGIF!
Congrats ladies! You are kicking butt and taking names!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #8  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Ktgrrl and sarahbell: Congrats to you both! WTG!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #9  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

WI #1 was this morning!!
Down 10.8lbs! I have done measurements yet though, so I'm not sure about inches lost...
So motivated to keep going!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #10  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
WI #1 was this morning!!
Down 10.8lbs! I have done measurements yet though, so I'm not sure about inches lost...
Awesome job and keep ROCKIN' the PLAN!!! I am so happy for you
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

lost 39" so far! wedding is in 2 weeks! ahhh!

coach is having me go on an "alternatives" plan for the week of my wedding and two weeks for honeymoon. will reintroduce carbs a week before the wedding day so that i'm not sick from eating heavy stuff. she says to stay lean and green except for one carby meal. then right back on phase 1 when i get back until i get down to my goal weight (which i'm thinking of changing to 135 or 130).

super excited!

Last edited by floridasunshine; 09-20-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
WI #1 was this morning!!
Rock on sister!! Awesome job!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #13  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday everyone!

Lisa: Thanks for the link to the tips and recipes - can't have too many of those.

Congrats on successful losses ktgrrl and sarahbell.

I had an interesting dinner dilemma last night. It worked out that it was the use up the last of the veggies/protein before a grocery store run night (busy work week) and the one chicken breast I had... spoiled! Ack! I had gotten home from work late so I improvised. I did veggie chili with 2 cups of veggies (hadn't had a restricted yet) and then added a 4th packet later as a snack - lemon pudding with 2 egg whites made into little cakes.

I'm not sure how that works out numbers wise but I am hopeful it was making the best of a bad situation. (and at least wasn't ordering out) Note to self: never let supplies get that low again. utilize freezer better.
Anyone know what I should have done in this situation? (no eggs, no meat available)

Weigh in # 5 is tomorrow. Hoping for onederland.

Have a great OP IP weekend everyone.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #14  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
WI #1 was this morning!!
Congrats! That's awesome!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Good Morning everyone!! Just had my dark choc pudding for breakfast with a little WF choc syrup and Watkins caramel extract mixed in...it was really good.
I was SO hungry yesterday and the day before....but I fought through it. I hope today isn't the same. One of the things I loved about this diet was the way I didn't have those horrible hunger pains all day...maybe pms?? I was also very tired yesterday too...I literally would start dosing off in any position if I closed my eyes too long! I do have a son that will be 7 months old (I can't believe I just typed 7 months....where has the time gone...*tear*) who is teething and waking every 2 hours all night long...I have to settle him then go back to bed so I think the broken sleep is taking it's toll on me. Do any of you notice more hunger in the time leading up to your TOM?
My weigh in didn't go well either...she has been great and my best friend has had a lot of success with her but for some reason she was really off on Wed...I wanted to ask her if she had been into the whiskey...she actually had problems measuring me and kept putting the tape different ways. Then she said ok, that's better...15 (for my waist) and then when she went to write it down she noticed the last measurement and was like "OH wait...that's not right." I was thinking to myself...if I had a 15 inch waist, do you really think I would be here!!! Then she kept telling me over and over that my total loss was 13 pounds. I would keep questioning her and she would say yes, 13 pounds. Meanwhile, I could clearly see my start weight 276 on the sheet and my weight on Wed 257...I missed my weigh in last week (3rd visit) because I was out of town and had lost 11 pounds my first week..so I kept saying to her "So you are telling me I have only lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks? How is that possible?" She just gave me some excuse about it being because I was out of town and 2 days had gone more that 4 hours without eating. I could clearly see the numbers...but since she seemed to be having such a crappy day, I decided to just leave it and I will rectify it my next appointment by asking to see my sheet. In the end, as far as measurements, she said I lost half an inch on my arm and everything else was the same. I have a hard time with that too, because with 19 pounds gone, I know I have lost more than half an inch. My clothes are looser. Even though I am very overweight I am still relatively tight, I carry most of it from the waist down (pear shaped) and I am very muscular underneath so there is just no way I lost nothing on my waist or hips. I hope next week is better. I don't know. It was like she just walked in off the street and knew nothing. I mentioned it to my friend and she said that it was def out of character for her. Sorry for the long post!!! Just needed to vent...it left me feeling a bit discouraged to be honest.
Closed Thread