Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
WI #1 was this morning!!
Down 10.8lbs! I have done measurements yet though, so I'm not sure about inches lost...
So motivated to keep going!
WHOOOO HOOO!!!! That is so awesome, I bet you had a spring in your step after that!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday I found some "Kay's Naturals" products in my local grocery store. I had read about them here a long time ago, but had never seen nor tried them (Was originally on all IP products the first go-round, this time I am doing a mixture of IP and alternatives).

Anyhow, since I have read a lot of posts on here lately about so many of you being *Gluten Free*, I thought I would share the info on the package, as it says these are all *Gluten Free*. I am not GF, but I know a lot of you are. The protein source per package is Soy Protein Isolate, for those who are sensitived to certain protein sources.

Yesterday I tried the jalapeno honey mustard pretzels and I enjoyed them. Today I had the Chili Nacho Cheese chips and these were very, very good.
Tomorrow I will be trying the Cinnamon Almond cookie bites - these are sweetened with Stevia.

I compared the nutritional info of the Chili Nacho Cheese chips to that of the IP Southwest Cheese curls. The Kay's Naturals had more fiber and less fat. Only 12 grams of protein, but still falls within the guidelines for alternatives.

Hope this helps someone!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/139.5/145

Height: 5' 4"

Great job everybody! So inspired by your post to stay on track.Celebrating my daughter's 25th bday tonight at a sushi place and a bit nervous. Previewed the menu so I know to order steamed veggies and sashimi. Anyone else had success eating out at this type of restaurant? Down 8.5 pounds in 11 days and can't believe the inches that are melting off so not concerned that I will cheat, just need to be informed and do not want to order something that will set me back. Thanks all.

Last edited by katenh; 09-20-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #34  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
WHOOOO HOOO!!!! That is so awesome, I bet you had a spring in your step after that!!!!
Thanks!! You did great too!!! And you should have a great 2nd week since you figured out your lightbulb moment this week!

I lost 3 inches off my bust, 2 inches off my hips, and I think 3 inches off my waist... AMAZING! Although my bff did my measurements last week and I did them myself today, so I'm not sure how acturate they are...

Congrats to all those on your losses this week!

Have a MARVELOUS weekend!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #35  

Thumbs down Maple Flavored Oatmeal packets

Ok I had one this AM and the taste is something I need to choke down. It is so artificial tasting. I added some cinnamon to it but it may need a smidge of vanilla maybe. WHen I eat that I will just have a big ol' glass of water near by. **shudder**
Old 09-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Ok I had one this AM and the taste is something I need to choke down. It is so artificial tasting. I added some cinnamon to it but it may need a smidge of vanilla maybe. WHen I eat that I will just have a big ol' glass of water near by. **shudder**
Trust the plan...and trust that your tastes will also change....it's a good thing. Also try to remember food is fuel for your body...right now it may not be too much fun. That doesn't mean it will always be so...but if it's always wonderful...overeating may be a byproduct. It's not just your weight that needs to change...attitude toward food needs to rehsape.

Of course if you absolutely can not palate something....there are the old standbys...stick with the products you like initially til you get in the groove....and have an investment in the process to make trying something not on that favs list again.

Good luck...you HAVE had a week with loss...? So ....that is worth a lot!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-20-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats on all the great weigh-ins today. After reading a few posts yesterday about stuffed peppers, I decided to make them for dinner tonight. Since rutabaga has been my starch substitute since seeing recipes on here, I decided to cube it up and use it as the rice substitute. I can’t wait until dinner!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Trust the plan...and trust that your tastes will also change....it's a good thing. Also try to remember food is fuel for your body...right now it may not be too much fun. That doesn't mean it will always be so...but if it's always wonderful...overeating may be a byproduct. It's not just your weight that needs to change...attitude toward food needs to rehsape.

Of course if you absolutely can not palate something....there are the old standbys...stick with the products you like initially til you get in the groove....and have an investment in the process to make trying something not on that favs list again.

Good luck...you HAVE had a week with loss...? So ....that is worth a lot!
I agree with you!! My tongue was abt to cry when I took my second bite LOL. It's ok can manage. But man alive I was not ready for that.

ALso I have my annual physical with my Dr next week. My numbers were low last year and I hope for the same again this year. I am turning 36 in Oct so it worries me. My whole family (both mom and dad's sides) have hgh cholesterol, my moms side of the family is so morbidly obese (mom is not and one uncle) it scares the yahoo out of me. My gram died 5 years ago from pneumonia after have a quadruple bypass done and she weighed almost 400lbs so I have a lot to ward off. So I Need this diet and new life style change! I need to mind myself, being a SAHM has challenges like grazing with out realizing it. it all adds up so its time to subtract that and move forward!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #39  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi guys, vexcited, my scale says I'm down 4.5lbs since Sunday! My official weigh-in is tomorrow morning but I'm happy and motivated! Still very hungry though, can't wait for that to go away! Have a great weekend!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #40  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I'm also having issues with dry skin and acne.
Don't think I'm crazy...but try putting coconut oil on your skin before bed. It smells awesome and leaves your skin sooo soft.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi guys, vexcited, my scale says I'm down 4.5lbs since Sunday! My official weigh-in is tomorrow morning but I'm happy and motivated! Still very hungry though, can't wait for that to go away! Have a great weekend!

Congrats!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
I agree with you!! My tongue was abt to cry when I took my second bite LOL. It's ok can manage. But man alive I was not ready for that.

ALso I have my annual physical with my Dr next week. My numbers were low last year and I hope for the same again this year. I am turning 36 in Oct so it worries me. My whole family (both mom and dad's sides) have hgh cholesterol, my moms side of the family is so morbidly obese (mom is not and one uncle) it scares the yahoo out of me. My gram died 5 years ago from pneumonia after have a quadruple bypass done and she weighed almost 400lbs so I have a lot to ward off. So I Need this diet and new life style change! I need to mind myself, being a SAHM has challenges like grazing with out realizing it. it all adds up so its time to subtract that and move forward!
You'll do fine if you keep in mind this diet is also a mental "thing". Getting your head in the right place will keep you motivated...and VERY IMPORTANT, don't forget to reward yourself. If you feel you are turning a corner at 2 weeks...or 4 weeks....do something kind to yourself...Celebrate by stopping in your tracks for an hour at the library to browse new books or fav author......a bubble bath with the door locked, candles and music....it does NOT have to cost money...(but that is nice too if your wallet allows.....manicures...new earrings, change the color of foundation makeup or blush for fall...) What ever...just be good to yourself while you are making all these lifestyle changes. Don't pretend its not hard...and acknowledge that the small things mean a lot! The rest of us "old timers" on IP know it...so get comfy with it!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-20-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I had an interesting dinner dilemma last night. It worked out that it was the use up the last of the veggies/protein before a grocery store run night (busy work week) and the one chicken breast I had... spoiled! Ack! I had gotten home from work late so I improvised. I did veggie chili with 2 cups of veggies (hadn't had a restricted yet) and then added a 4th packet later as a snack - lemon pudding with 2 egg whites made into little cakes.

I'm not sure how that works out numbers wise but I am hopeful it was making the best of a bad situation. (and at least wasn't ordering out) Note to self: never let supplies get that low again. utilize freezer better.
Anyone know what I should have done in this situation? (no eggs, no meat available)

Weigh in # 5 is tomorrow. Hoping for onederland.

Have a great OP IP weekend everyone.
For an emergency like that, 2 packets would equal 1 dinner protein serving. Not to happen often but occasionally, in an emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Actually, I wonder if it would hurt to have a couple of egg whites instead of purchasing the extra packets on the few PMS days I have until I am closer to the 100's?
Yup IP packets are expensive.
You could get some EAS carb control shakes or some syntrax nectar (check online). There are other brands, too, that you could use for your extra packets. Not just for PMS days. people over 200 should be having more than 3 packets/day

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
Strange question - I have (for about the last week) had very dry skin. Lotion only works for a short while. My water bottle is 23.7fl oz. I drink four of those between waking and going back to bed for a total of 94 oz.

Is this due to water intake or is there another reason for the dry skin?
We are putting our bodies through a LOT on this plan. The skin is telling you that too. Mine settled down a bit but keep and eye out. Dry skin can be a symptom of thyroid. Most thyroid issues re-set on their own in Ketosis, except for a few of us.

Quote:
Try making the zucchini muffins. They're pretty good with the oatmeal. Recipe is in Recipes #4 thread. Packet hacks have saved me from hating many a packet. (Nothing saved the broccoli cheese soup for me, however. I just don't care for it)
Old 09-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #44  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

What a great Friday!!!! -3.4lbs at my weigh in. 3 lbs to my goal and starting phase 2.

I am on such a high!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #45  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
What a great Friday!!!! -3.4lbs at my weigh in. 3 lbs to my goal and starting phase 2.

I am on such a high!
Yowza!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread