IP Daily Chat Friday 9/20/2013

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: I don't mind you calling me out. Technically I DO know how to use the feature. But when I'm on my iPad like I am now, sometimes the screen shifts or autocorrects when I'm posting and I'll end up missing or deleting part of what I was trying to say. I was aggravated when I saw it happened above again. Sorry for the confusion.
    My iPad has done that before. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm quoting or not.

I'm on my brand-spankin-new MBP right now & lovin' it!

I have autocorrect turned off on my iPad. But I have to be more diligent about reading/editing.
  • Quote:
    I posted on another thread that I am drinking 94oz of water every day. that's just water, I am not counting tea, water used for shakes, I'm subtracting water to equal my coffee intake etc.
    I'm sorry. I was hoping it would be a solution for you.
  • Quote: OMG...are there ANY OTHER CLINICS near you???

Your coach is horribly under-trained and using outdated info.

IP used to restrict the restricteds at first but found better diet compliance if people used them from the beginning (and no statistical difference in average weight lost)

And here are the weight ranges for extra packets (from an IP coach-friend, straight out of the coaches' manual)
    201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
    241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
    281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day
    Of course, still only 1 of those is restricted.
    I can't explain how this made me feel right now but let me try. I am angry that I didn't have this information, I am sad that I've had bad information for five weeks. I am grateful to you for telling me. I knew my coaching sucked from the 2nd week, but I didn't know how badly until now.

I have been struggling, complying and just kind of thought that this was hard for me because I have control issues. I've wondered why I have been hungry when everyone else is taking about not having an appetite anymore.

I've been thinking that this is hard, but that I deserve it being hard because I've neglected myself for so long. So, thank you for telling me. I really do think that I will go to the other clinic as soon as I get a day off. - Courtney
  • Congrats!!!!!!
    Quote: WI #1 was this morning!!
    Down 10.8lbs! I have done measurements yet though, so I'm not sure about inches lost...
    So motivated to keep going!
  • Quote: I can't explain how this made me feel right now but let me try. I am angry that I didn't have this information, I am sad that I've had bad information for five weeks. I am grateful to you for telling me. I knew my coaching sucked from the 2nd week, but I didn't know how badly until now.

I have been struggling, complying and just kind of thought that this was hard for me because I have control issues. I've wondered why I have been hungry when everyone else is taking about not having an appetite anymore.

I've been thinking that this is hard, but that I deserve it being hard because I've neglected myself for so long. So, thank you for telling me. I really do think that I will go to the other clinic as soon as I get a day off. - Courtney
    Courtney,

My heart is breaking for you right now! Hang in there.

To become a qualified coach takes a lot of time. I think looking for a new one is good advice if your instinct is telling you to do so and things aren't working.

I went through 4 weeks with one coach and switched at the 6th. I'm so much happier with my new dr/coach. He is more knowledgeable, done advanced coach training and has 5 years experience with IP dieters in the US.

When I went through a hunger phase, he suggested I eat a few more oz of lean turkey or chicken, and of course enjoy an extra phase 1 approved packet! It's better to eat satisfying, IP approved food that will have the calories to sustain you until your body adjusts to being in Ketosis, than be tempted to eat something that will stall your progress and/or make you feel like a failure.

Hugs
  • Quote: OMG...are there ANY OTHER CLINICS near you???

Your coach is horribly under-trained and using outdated info.

IP used to restrict the restricteds at first but found better diet compliance if people used them from the beginning (and no statistical difference in average weight lost)

And here are the weight ranges for extra packets (from an IP coach-friend, straight out of the coaches' manual)
    201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
    241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
    281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day
    Of course, still only 1 of those is restricted.
    I really like my coach...but they didn't allow restricteds for the first two weeks and I started at 290, but they only had me on 3 packets. According to this, I should have started at 6 packets and be doing 5 packets now. Will more packets make me lose slower? Is there any way to know?
  • Quote: I can't explain how this made me feel right now but let me try. I am angry that I didn't have this information, I am sad that I've had bad information for five weeks. I am grateful to you for telling me. I knew my coaching sucked from the 2nd week, but I didn't know how badly until now.

You SO DO NOT NEED THE ABUSE
    and this is how I view it
    abuse of the overweight.
    (It is also how I view those horrible "reality" TV shows such as Biggest Loser)
    You don't deserve to be treated with disrespect and lack of dignity.

Let's reframe this.
    You deserve an eating plan designed for your unique needs.
    You deserve a coach who knows the latest info from the company they "represent"
    Weight loss is hard enough. It doesn't need to be made harder.

Can you go to Target or Walmart or Walgreens or GNC for some alt product for the extra packets so you wouldn't be as hungry? They aren't as expensive as IP products.
    EAS Carb control would work (ready to drink)
    Others work, too, I'm just not as familiar.

IP is now starting people on restricteds from week 1.
    What a shame that some coaches only know some bare minimum info and don't keep up-to-date.
    I just noticed you're from MI. I'm originally from Lansing but I summer on Grand Traverse Bay now that I live in the St Louis area
  • Congrats to all of you who had losses both in the scale and tape measure!!!

"nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I love that line that I've read here!

TGIF!! What a day, glad its over and the weekend is here.
  • Quote: Trust the plan...and trust that your tastes will also change....it's a good thing. Also try to remember food is fuel for your body...right now it may not be too much fun. That doesn't mean it will always be so...but if it's always wonderful...overeating may be a byproduct. It's not just your weight that needs to change...attitude toward food needs to rehsape.

Of course if you absolutely can not palate something....there are the old standbys...stick with the products you like initially til you get in the groove....and have an investment in the process to make trying something not on that favs list again.

Good luck...you HAVE had a week with loss...? So ....that is worth a lot!
    Wonderful advice 65x65!

I am so sorry you have had such a bad experience. Is it possible that a clinic would let you do phone consults most of the month and require you come in only once a month?
  • Quote:
    You SO DO NOT NEED THE ABUSE
    and this is how I view it
    abuse of the overweight.
    (It is also how I view those horrible "reality" TV shows such as Biggest Loser)
    You don't deserve to be treated with disrespect and lack of dignity.

Let's reframe this.
    You deserve an eating plan designed for your unique needs.
    You deserve a coach who knows the latest info from the company they "represent"
    Weight loss is hard enough. It doesn't need to be made harder.

Can you go to Target or Walmart or Walgreens or GNC for some alt product for the extra packets so you wouldn't be as hungry? They aren't as expensive as IP products.
    EAS Carb control would work (ready to drink)
    Others work, too, I'm just not as familiar.

IP is now starting people on restricteds from week 1.
    What a shame that some coaches only know some bare minimum info and don't keep up-to-date.
    I just noticed you're from MI. I'm originally from Lansing but I summer on Grand Traverse Bay now that I live in the St Louis area
    I have plenty of products I've been in the process of switching to alternatives because I'm not happy where I am. The next closest clinic to me is in Hale if you are familiar with that. I'm in Montrose. Its a jaunt but i going to go. Strangely, this just made me angry enough to keep me motivated. I WILL succeed.

I can't actually blame mycoach for it being so hard. I am the one that made it hard on myself by just assuming that there was something wrong with me. Thank you everyone for the support and thank you Lisa for the information. I will keep you updated when I check out the new clinic.
  • Quote: I am so sorry you have had such a bad experience. Is it possible that a clinic would let you do phone consults most of the month and require you come in only once a month?
    That is a great idea. I'm going to ask, its about 100 miles away. I just googled it!
  • Quote: I have plenty of products I've been in the process of switching to alternatives because I'm not happy where I am. The next closest clinic to me is in Hale if you are familiar with that. I'm in Montrose. Its a jaunt but i going to go. Strangely, this just made me angry enough to keep me motivated. I WILL succeed.

I can't actually blame mycoach for it being so hard. I am the one that made it hard on myself by just assuming that there was something wrong with me. Thank you everyone for the support and thank you Lisa for the information. I will keep you updated when I check out the new clinic.
    Angry enough to stay motivated. Sounds like me. At least that anger is good for something.

Yes, you CAN blame your coach for making it so hard. How were you to know? It is their JOB to stay up to date. You paid them, right?
  • How many packets
    I have not been happy with my coach. I am a naturally curious person and found this website on my own. Otherwise I would've quit. So long story short I've been stuck for two weeks. Only chamfer has been fat percentage. My coach doesn't check food journal, we r shuffled in and out every 15 minutes , but actually about 6 minutes ! There were no restricted packets until 3 rd week. I thought when she said I could add restricted packet she meant as an addition to the 3? I'm wondering of that was wrong ? I'm using some alternatives. So I use egg whites/egg or EAS RTD for breakfast. Ip for lunch w salad spritz of oil and 2 cups veggies. Then a restricted mid afternoon Dinner per protocol. Then an unrestricted for evening snack?? Help. I'm at week 6 w a 20lb loss. But frustrated w plateau.
  • [QUOTE=lisa32989;4844997]Angry enough to stay motivated. Sounds like me. At least that anger is good for something.

Yes, you CAN blame your coach for making it so hard. How were you to know? It is their JOB to stay up to date. You paid them, right?[/QUOTE

I actually think that as hard as that was it did teach me that if I can do that then doing it the right way will be even easier. Its for the best. I need to trust myself more.

Anger is very motivating for me. I learned to do my own nails after my nail tech pissed me off two years ago. I have my own personal nail salon in my basement now. And my nails look GOOD. So I am going to apply the same mental muscle to this problem until my nails aren't the only thing looking good!