3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Sleep interruptions and mid night hunger (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287761-sleep-interruptions-mid-night-hunger.html)

Jenny38 09-20-2013 04:35 AM

Sleep interruptions and mid night hunger

I am new to IP, in day 11, and have really noticed that I'm awake at night...as you can tell from the times of most of my posts:). Prior to the diet I wasn't a great sleeper but would usually only be up once. Now I find I'm awake every couple hours. Of course this is particularly due to the frequent peeing. Anyone else experiencing this?
I also notice that I am more hungry in the night than during the day which may be contributing to sleep issues.

Avalon1957 09-20-2013 05:44 AM

Yes! I seem to wake up every few hours (sometimes to pee).

Sometimes when I wake up and it's after 3am I will make my morning cup of decaf coffee (with a tsp of IP Choc Drink Powder, Cinnamon, Stevia, and FatFreeMilk in it) and sip on that while I do computer work.

lisa32989 09-20-2013 06:45 AM

Are you having your snack in the evening?
Drinking most of your water during the day but cutting down in the evening so you won't be getting up so much?
Ketosis causes system stress, which can cause sleep,disturbances (mine lasted for about 6 weeks) but we can manage the bathroom trips with timing of water

trishthayer 09-20-2013 08:24 AM

I agree with Lisa, try to drink the bulk of your liquids early. I had to force myself to drink the water earlier because I was up all night. It took a few weeks but now I can drink all my water before 3, now I drink after 3 too but not as much. I am going the bathroom during the night now much much less.

nolasmurf 09-20-2013 09:28 AM

I ve noticed that I'm going to bed much earlier and sleep better as the weeks have progressed. I think the going to bed early is pure boredom actually. I run out of things to do and am frustrated with my sweetie being a couch potato in the evenings.

As far as the night time hunger I make sure to either have a snack in the evening so I don't wake up hungry.

clbott 09-20-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthayer (Post 4844368)
I agree with Lisa, try to drink the bulk of your liquids early. I had to force myself to drink the water earlier because I was up all night. It took a few weeks but now I can drink all my water before 3, now I drink after 3 too but not as much. I am going the bathroom during the night now much much less.

I also had to do this, drink most of my water during the day - I kept getting up to pee two or three times at first. Now I am up everyday at 5:20 regardless of when I go to bed. Not sure why but I am. I don't feel tired, and I can't go back to sleep either.

I wonder if me drinking most of my water earlier has anything to do with how dry my skin is getting?

Jenny38 09-20-2013 09:19 PM

Thanks for the replies, I will try to finish with the water earlier in yhe day. It's hard cause I workout in the evenings and take in more water. I will try to save my snack for the evening...I have been eating it in the afternoon.
Lisa - it was reassuring to hear that things settled for you after week 6

jcw1020 09-21-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 4844288)
I am new to IP, in day 11, and have really noticed that I'm awake at night...as you can tell from the times of most of my posts:). Prior to the diet I wasn't a great sleeper but would usually only be up once. Now I find I'm awake every couple hours. Of course this is particularly due to the frequent peeing. Anyone else experiencing this?
I also notice that I am more hungry in the night than during the day which may be contributing to sleep issues.

I'm not a great sleeper, so i've always tossed and turned, buy never got out of bed. Now, I have to make sure I go before bed, and get up a few times. it's so annoying! I try not to drink water (or eat) after 8, but i'm not sure that helps anything either....