Morning Start and Boca burgers

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Can we have these or no?
  • Probably not. But without the ingredients and nutrition info I'm not sure. I use the Jenni-O turkey burgers they are 0/0/0 and a decent amount of protein
  • ok 13g of protein, 6 g carbs and zero sugars?
  • How much fiber tho? Doesn't one of them have black beans as an ingredient ?
  • Jenni-O white meat turkey burgers

200 cal
    Fat 10 g (I was mistaken in my first post)
    Carbs -0
    Protein 28 g

Ingredients
    White meat turkey natural flavor (salt, potato maltodextrin)
  • Quote: Fiber 4 g and no black beans on the ingredient lst
    So it would be 2 net carbs I guess that would work.
  • Fiber 4 g and no black beans on the ingredient lst
  • **phew** since they are so small (2oz) I have had one with breakfast for the past 2 days LOL it is fast and easy and helps keep me satisfied longer
  • Quote: **phew** since they are so small (2oz) I have had one with breakfast for the past 2 days LOL it is fast and easy and helps keep me satisfied longer
    Is that your only protein at breakfast? If it is you should add a couple of egg whites to up it to around 23g protein.
  • Quote: Is that your only protein at breakfast? If it is you should add a couple of egg whites to up it to around 23g protein.
    I never thought abt egg wihtes!!! I can handle eating those LOL
  • Are you doing IP? All your questions about what's allowed and what isn't is covered in the info. 3 packets a day plus 4 cups veggies and 8 oz meat. I got a list if approved foods from my coach.
  • Quote: Are you doing IP? All your questions about what's allowed and what isn't is covered in the info. 3 packets a day plus 4 cups veggies and 8 oz meat. I got a list if approved foods from my coach.
    Um wow. That read pretty rude. Please remember that not everyone is doing IP from a clinic some are doing the ALT program on their own. I know personally my coach did a poor job of covering allowed proteins. I've had to ask questions and find things that work in my busy lifestyle. No one should ever be discouraged to ask questions.
  • Quote: I never thought abt egg wihtes!!! I can handle eating those LOL

I assumed you were using alternatives. If doing IP, disregard my comment. I should have asked.
  • Quote: Are you doing IP? All your questions about what's allowed and what isn't is covered in the info. 3 packets a day plus 4 cups veggies and 8 oz meat. I got a list if approved foods from my coach.
    Yes I am. I do not have a coach yet, we cannot go until Mid Oct when DH will not be working during the hours our little center is open. The reasons why I am asking is because I need a little extra protein to help curb my appetite that's all.

I attended an Info meeting on IP, and they said vegetarians can do it too, and boca and morning star are made for vegans and vegetarians. Since they are a form of protein I just wanted to know if one was more acceptable to eat than the other.

I have a supply of packets for 6 months maybe 7 months, 24+ boxes of the snacks (each) and the remaining a mix of items, we have started minus the coach.

I do not always have left over meat from the night before than I can heat up and I am not crazy about eggs either (whites I can handle once in a while) so I am sorry if my questions upset you.
  • I didn't think Kcandponies comment was rude at all
    Even if you're doing alternative packets to IP, you would still follow the IP protocol sheet.

You would still have a packet (from one of the alternative providers) for breakfast (not boca burger/etc)
    Then, only vegetarians would be making substitutions for meat (meat alternative for dinner protein).

Other than that, we follow the P1 protocol, just substituting a different brand packet for the IP brand one (one that fits the criteria on the alternative threads). If you start adding other foods, then it becomes much more gray about whether you're doing "IP" or just a low carb plan