Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #16  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning - I'm now on day 10 and it's easy, easy, easy! 100% on program and still excited about it every day. Spending WAY too much time on these boards reading all your tips and motivations.

Last night I made dinner and my kids (age 14 and 11) were right there with me, wanting to weigh my meat, measure my veggies and asking a million questions. Such a great opportunity to learn together about properly fueling our bodies. We had the same dinner, they just had 2 portions to my 1
Old 09-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Sundays = my weekly chopfest/cookfest

I have a lineup of Sunday nite shows I like to watch and can do it from my kitchen. DH is usually engrossed in football.

There is often something in the oven, something in the crockpot and something on the stove. When I was doing IP soups, there was ALWAYS 10 c veggies being cooked on the stove and then pureed.

I cook down my zucchini & freeze for zucchini muffin recipes (so the zucchini doesn't go bad). I chop & freeze bell peppers before they go bad. I made a ton of salsa.

This weekend will be my foray into canning. I'm going to try canning peaches, salsa, sugar-free applesauce (for P3 and maintenance), and maybe some pickles NOT ALL THIS WEEKEND!!!
DH is going on a guys-trip to Vegas so I'll have the house to myself to mess up/clean up as I see fit.

We are also going to buy a freezer so we can take more advantage of fresh, local foods and not have to buy so much from the grocery stores thru the winter.

I do have a deep freeze and LOVE it...recently have been taking advantage of the summers harvest and am making stuffed peppers. I wrap and freeze them individually as they are great for last minute or rushed dinners as well as great when hubby travels and I don't want to cook...or when I visit the grandkids ...and he is on his own. I don't use rice or starch in them since being on p1..last winter. I began using chopped roasted vegetables in the meat mixture instead of rice...and that change is a keeper!! Yesterday...I one upped myself by chopping/small the zuchinni, mushrooms and the pepper top scraps ....tossing with olive oil and garlic powder S & P etc..... then roasting the tiny pieces on a cookie sheet and adding them to browned ground meat and some diced tomatoes while still warm. Instead of blanching the pepper shells...I then put them on the cookie sheets...and roasted them!! Then filled the shells with the mixture of roasted vegs,and seasoned meat! EASY PEASY cleanup! Also used red orange and yellow bell peppers as well as green for this and they really looked pretty nice!photo.jpg

These are completely IP Phase 1 friendly...and the rest of the family should like them too...! You'll just need to measure and calculate...so you get the amounts correct as far as the chopped vegetables and meat serving for yourself. I'll never go back to adding rice to these...If someone wants rice...I suggest serving it on the side. Make your life easier!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-19-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #18  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Back from weigh in. Down 1.3 lbs and 3.5 inches. It's a rainy icky day here in Nola and my last day of vacation so I'm just gonna chill out. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #19  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Vachinyc: Sundays = my weekly chopfest/cookfest

There is often something in the oven, something in the crockpot and something on the stove. When I was doing IP soups, there was ALWAYS 10 c veggies being cooked on the stove and then pureed.

I cook down my zucchini & freeze for zucchini muffin recipes (so the zucchini doesn't go bad). I chop & freeze bell peppers before they go bad. I made a ton of salsa.
Wow. That's impressive. And a good way to make tv-time productive.

I am slowly coming to terms with why I haven't done the big weekend chop/cook fests ... I think it's because in the past, i would have been too tempted (or thought I would be) to eat all that delicious stuff. I certainly have some issues with food (ha! understatement alert!). I generally didn't cook in the past because I didn't want to be tempted to have so many servings of something just sitting around. believe it or not, my struggles with cheats are usually more along the lines of ... I'd like more veggies than 4 cups a day.

Hopefully, I can change this thinking. Through IP, I am already doing so many things I didn't think were possible...why not this?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #20  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Good morning everyone!
Day 7 for me.
No cheats EXCEPT in my dreams.... man those dreams of eating off plan have been super vivid! And I usually wake up in a panic thinking I ruined everything...
This week has been a rough one, it will be a challege for me to stay op in the college campus environment (good thing I like a challenge, right?)... so many temptations, and I am glad I have a lot of self restraint!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #21  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Thanks for all the morning giggles and considerations as I am eating breakfast (well, drinking it) at my desk. Another busy day ahead of me so time to get cracking! Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. Thanks for all the morning giggles and considerations as I am eating breakfast (well, drinking it) at my desk. Another busy day ahead of me so time to get cracking! Have a great day everyone!

WOW Sarita...congrats...you are sooo close to goal!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Well, I'm back from my 5 day road trip to Texas and am happy to say I'm down a little over a pound! I'm down to 128.2! I must say, I don't think I got all my veggies in every day due to driving straight through going and coming back (26 hours going and 29 hours coming back), but I'm very proud of myself! Subway and the double chicken salad was my best friend. LOL.

All in all, a very successful trip! My new baby (the Nauti Dawg) is home, here's a pic of her We're going out wakeboarding on Sunday! WOOT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 091813_Lake Elsinore3b.jpg (57.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey yall,

Just wanted to let you know that i've been reading a lot of these threads for inspiration and continued support. I've never posted anything because I just enjoy reading. I wanted to let you know I'm here and appreciating all the words of wisdom!

I did Ideal Protein in 2009 (I was a sophomore in college) and lost 50 lbs. I went off for various reasons without going through the rest of the phases. All of the weight came back on and then some! I started IP a few weeks ago and am THRILLED. I feel like it's coming home. I weighed in this AM for the second time and have lost a total of 15 lbs. Really excited about the next year and then maintenance! So thanks again!!

-Emily
Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Lastnight DH and I were sitting on the couch and he said "you look like you are losing weight" That made me smile and want to
Old 09-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone , happy OP to everyone, we can do it

Diana
Old 09-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Day two of getting back on track after almost three months of foolish eating. May I say that a BANGING HEADACHE has kicked in.

But - back on track which is what counts.

Need to fix my signature but the stubborn child in me does not want to admit that I have gone backwards.

Weight - June 5th - 135
Weight - Sept 18th - 149.5

Goal - get back to 135 and phase off the right way!!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #28  

For you IPers that use MFP did you reset the goals, the calories etc? What should the calorie, fat, carbs be? I am usually around 50% protein, and 25% each on the other two. I know on IP we do not have to count or track anything and I do not. BUT I need to learn for the rest of my life, what I think is healthy and a normal portion is NOT, that's how I ended up here in the first place. I love looking at MFP and seeing the data! Thanks or your help!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 231/211/140

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone!
I haven't posted too much, still in first week. It's been fairly easy so far. I did see an ice cream commercial that made me salivate but I turned the channel quickly & got on this forum to read & get motivated! I think that being on this forum is going to help tremendously! I definitely am going to start preparing meals ahead of time, thanks for that suggestion! Hope everyone's day goes well. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #30  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
For you IPers that use MFP did you reset the goals, the calories etc? What should the calorie, fat, carbs be? I am usually around 50% protein, and 25% each on the other two. I know on IP we do not have to count or track anything and I do not. BUT I need to learn for the rest of my life, what I think is healthy and a normal portion is NOT, that's how I ended up here in the first place. I love looking at MFP and seeing the data! Thanks or your help!
I reset the calories to 900 but that's it.
Closed Thread