Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #16  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!
Congrats to so many of you on the baggy clothes NSVs. Who knew we could get excited about not having anything to wear ... for a GOOD reason! Awesome.

100% OP and loving it
Old 09-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #17  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
Down another 2.6lbs - I'm now in ONEDERLAND for the first time since 2003.

I'm gonna have a rough weekend though, visiting my sick grandma in Florida. I've told my family to just back off and let me bring/buy my own food and cook for myself while I'm there. I want to stay 100% ON PLAN the whole time. They're having a hard time getting the message.
Sorry to hear about your grandma. I know growing up in a southern family food has always been comfort. It's hard for ppl to understand that you've changed your lifestyle. My SIL kept telling me this weekend oh one little bite won't hurt! But for me that one little bite is the gateway to a full on binge. I overheard her tell my sweetie oh Jamie's getting skinny again don't you think at might hurt ya'lls relationship? WTF?! Like she's trying to plant in his head that I'll do something crazy like break up with him cuz I've lost weight. To **** with that noise. I've put 8 long years in this relationship!

Last edited by nolasmurf; 09-18-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #18  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

I know families are crazy right!!! I'm flying down to Florida and won't be able to refrigerate any food for 5 or 6 hours - and who knows if I'd be able to get it through security. So I'll just have to make due with taking bars and IP drink packets. I'm stopping at the grocery store for my veggies and protein before I even show up at their house! I'm giving myself no excuses and giving them no opportunity to derail me!

Last edited by nalaroo; 09-18-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Under the quicklinks tab there is a link to get a tracker, but you have to have been a member of 3fc for I believe a month, and have 20 posts.

I went to the main page where are the threads are for Ideal Protein and that is what I bookedmarked, so when I click it it brings me right there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/ That is the link I bookmarked.

And I'm not sure about email notifications? I wish there was, and if someone knows how, please let me know, too. I practically live on these boards though, so I just wait for the threads I have commented in to become bolded so I know that someone new has posted in it.

And you are right, this is a great group!! And congrats on your great success so far!!

Thank you I have been wondering the same thing
Old 09-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #20  

Good morning, well tomorrow is my birthday (turning 30) I was hoping of reaching my goal of 160 by then but I have been stuck at 165 for a week. Any advice on losing the last five pounds??
Old 09-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #21  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Up your water intake and flip up your routine. Ie have your restricted in the am etc
Old 09-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #22  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
Good morning, well tomorrow is my birthday (turning 30) I was hoping of reaching my goal of 160 by then but I have been stuck at 165 for a week. Any advice on losing the last five pounds??
No tips but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday's WI was -1.8, I am very happy with that number. I am however, really struggling with the mirror and how I feel about myself. I do not think I look much different than I did before I started and while I know in my head that it's likely not possible that I look the same, I don't see it with my eyes. I still see all the places I want to shrink and I'm not nearly as small as I thought I would look at this point. Never mind that I've gone from a 16 to 8's and 10's and an XL top and dresses to mediums and even some smalls. I don't understand what's wrong that I can't see it. So I'm frustrated with myself and my body and considering lowering my goal. But then at the same time, I don't know that I see myself accurately and don't know that toning won't make the difference I want to see.
So damn complicated.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
NOTHING FITS!!! I am having a simultaneous happy dance and temper tantrum every morning when I go to get dressed for work. New England has been cooling down and I found myself left with one pair of long pants (I had been surviving in capris all summer), and my sweaters from the winter are HUGE! I don't want to spend a lot of money on "hold me over" clothes, but I don't think I'm going to have a choice but to restock on some basics. I am thrilled to be losing, but feel like I look sloppy in the process!
I knew this would be coming: needing long pants & even a winter coat
So, I started shopping thrift shops last month & ONLY looking for Fall/Winter clothes. I've gotten a bunch of very nice things/nice labels. My entire closet is either summer clothes that were given to me or from my excursion into "poppin tags". Since I started early enough, the first day I needed long pants, I was set! I don't have many b/c I'm also buying the next size smaller. I'm still on the hunt for a winter coat for inclement weather but I got a nice black peacoat-style with a Talbot's label for $30 already. I don't think this size is the size I'm going to end up so I don't want to spend $$$ either!

Quote:
I know families are crazy right!!! I'm flying down to Florida and won't be able to refrigerate any food for 5 or 6 hours - and who knows if I'd be able to get it through security. So I'll just have to make due with taking bars and IP drink packets. I'm stopping at the grocery store for my veggies and protein before I even show up at their house! I'm giving myself no excuses and giving them no opportunity to derail me!
Isn't it sad that the people who should be supporting us the MOST are sometimes our biggest saboteurs? Sometimes I think we should tell them JUST THAT: You are my family. You should be my biggest supporters, not my biggest saboteurs!

Anyway, great planning! Allowing NOTHING (and nobody!) to derail you is the ONLY WAY TO ROLL on IP!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #25  

So I have been on IP for four months and never tried the bars, not wanting to risk the restrictive. Last night I decided to get some of the peanut butter bars and just ate one, so delicious I think I got my peanut butter fix finally.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #26  
Started IP 09/24/13

S/C/G: 287/207.2/150

I just started IP today. I’m doing it on my own since the cost is a bit much and the hubby and I just bought a house, he just needed a new car, etc. After watching two of my coworkers (one who lost 40 pounds in 3 months) lose weight I really want to lose some weight on my own.
After reading on the posts of doing IP on your own, I jumped in today. So far I’m okay. A little bit of a headache, but I’m not too hungry. I can’t wait to get home and eat dinner though. If I could drop 30 pounds by Christmas I’d be THRILLED!!
Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #27  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
NOTHING FITS!!! I am having a simultaneous happy dance and temper tantrum every morning when I go to get dressed for work. New England has been cooling down and I found myself left with one pair of long pants (I had been surviving in capris all summer), and my sweaters from the winter are HUGE! I don't want to spend a lot of money on "hold me over" clothes, but I don't think I'm going to have a choice but to restock on some basics. I am thrilled to be losing, but feel like I look sloppy in the process!
I bought several thin cardigan type sweaters to wear over my summer shirts because I wasn't sure what size I would end up being this winter. Hoping that will hold me over for a bit. Need to go pop some tags though as I only have two pair of pants in my size and all my other pants are just too big. Can't afford much until I am in maintenance though so thrift store it is.

Quote:
Down another 2.6lbs - I'm now in ONEDERLAND for the first time since 2003.

I'm gonna have a rough weekend though, visiting my sick grandma in Florida. I've told my family to just back off and let me bring/buy my own food and cook for myself while I'm there. I want to stay 100% ON PLAN the whole time. They're having a hard time getting the message.
Sorry about your grandma, will send you good vibes to stand up to your family. Just ignore them and concentrate all your energy on grandma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
Happy birthday!! My weight has slowed as I got within 5lbs of goal- this was my slowest week yet. Some have replied to mix up the routine a bit, so I think I will try that too. Have some crepe mix I need to use up anyway, so restricted for breakfast I shall try.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #28  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Yesterday's WI was -1.8, I am very happy with that number. I am however, really struggling with the mirror and how I feel about myself. I do not think I look much different than I did before I started and while I know in my head that it's likely not possible that I look the same, I don't see it with my eyes. I still see all the places I want to shrink and I'm not nearly as small as I thought I would look at this point. Never mind that I've gone from a 16 to 8's and 10's and an XL top and dresses to mediums and even some smalls. I don't understand what's wrong that I can't see it. So I'm frustrated with myself and my body and considering lowering my goal. But then at the same time, I don't know that I see myself accurately and don't know that toning won't make the difference I want to see.
So damn complicated.
I hear you here, for me it took taking a picture in the same shirt and comparing to really SEE what I have lost. (I posted it in the before and after thread last week.) At first I could see the loss in the mirror, but now that I have been smaller for a little while I see it less and start to focus on those little spots that still need a lot of work. So I looked at the picture and saw how much less of the door frame I took up and that helped me to really see it too.

If you have one of those old items to try on to see how you swim in it now would help? It really is complicated the way our minds work.
Hugs, Crystal

Last edited by CrystalWolf; 09-18-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Hey Lisa (lisa32989) - All of the challenges (25 by 4th of July) (25 by Fall) were awesome - and I loved participating in them. They brought a certain level of discipline/accountability to me personally - Thank you for administering/managing them!

Any chance you'll be doing a Thanksgiving or Christmas one? Or have you already posted and I missed?

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #30  
IP start date 8/1/2013

So I attempted a "flatbread" pizza out of the potato purée . It stuck in the middle but otherwise was food.

Recipe-
Make flatbread according to Lisa's receipe
Once flatbread is laid out in the pan add

2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1.5 oz hormel turkey pepperoni
1/3 cup green onions
1/3 cup green pepper
1/3 red pepper
Or your veggies of choice.

Bake for 20 mins.
13.9 net carbs
276 calories