Old 09-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #1  

Default Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe?

I am a pumpkin spice fiend (candles, soap, the works), but I really love the lattes from Starbucks (my brother bought me a giftcard to Starbucks last summer and I saved if for pumpkin season before I planned to go on IP!), I want to stay OP so I was wondering if anyone had figured out how to make a reasonable substitute? Maybe some sugar free torani or something?

I did figure out how to make a really yummy Mexican hot chocolate with the IP chocolate drink, cayenne and some cinnamon (but it took some trial and error because I kept making it too spicy!)
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #2  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Look on Pinterest. I've seen several Sugar free recipes there. Some use real pumpkin, and some use the syrups. Even if you google Sugar free Pumpkin Spice Latte, you'll come up with lots of results. I love pumpkin, too! But, I've yet to make my own latte.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/212/169

Height: 5'7"

Stormy, I love pumpkin spice too! I make one that I like and it's OP as far as I know. IP vanilla pudding envelope. maybe 10 oz of water, maybe less if you want it thicker. I use Pure Protein vanilla flavor, for cream. 3 net carbs and per can. almost no fat and calories are low. I just use an ounce or so. ( I use it for coffee as well ) . pumpkin pie spice. about a teaspoon of ground cloves and a teaspoon of cinnamon. It's really spicy, and for me, is a kicker. I love it. oh, add vanilla extract if you want, the real stuff not the fake stuff. just a couple drops.
Honestly, I don't know if the pumpkin pie spice has sugar in it. it's not actually sweet, but I didn't check. got it at the health food market.

I also make the same drink with hot coffee for the liquid , minus the pumpkin pie spice. And sometimes make that drink with Chai tea instead of water. just a twist. I like all those spices. But , to stay OP, you have to keep the amount of coffee or tea within the daily allotment.
California Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Ive done it by steeping a pumpkin spice tea bag in a warmed vanilla rtd or pudding made w extra water. I steep it for awhile to enhance flavor then add pumpkin pie spice and wf caramel and heat it a little more. I've also added a shot of expresso to it and that's yummy too!
Sonyasbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #5  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I also love anything pumpkin spice. So far I've used the pumpkin spice coffee for the keurig, mixed with a vanilla rtd, and torani sugar free pumpkin pie syrup. So yummy!!! I also just love the pumpkin spice coffee, with an ounce of milk, and the pumpkin pie syrup. Sometimes I'll add a little more cinnamon to give it more of a kick.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #6  
Working to be an after!

I'm going to have to try adding the WF caramel to it. That sounds delicious!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I am on amazon.com right now ordering it all!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
I also love anything pumpkin spice. So far I've used the pumpkin spice coffee for the keurig, mixed with a vanilla rtd, and torani sugar free pumpkin pie syrup. So yummy!!! I also just love the pumpkin spice coffee, with an ounce of milk, and the pumpkin pie syrup. Sometimes I'll add a little more cinnamon to give it more of a kick.
I do the exact same thing down to a T!

i also like a little grating of nutmeg on top.

Last edited by Figgypudding; 09-14-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Figgypudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #9  
sugar is the devil

Starbucks posted this on facebook this morning:

"Pumpkin Space Latte: espresso, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spices"

Now you know the recipe I would make a cup of coffee, or a 2 shot espresso, and mix it with a RTD Vanilla Shake. Then spices... prob will take a few tries to get the spices just right. And then the topping of some nutmeg. I like the idea of using the Pumpkin Pie Sugar Free Syrup. May just have to go buy some for this!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I am going to try some of these options. Just went to starbucks the other day for coffee and saw the announcement the lattes were back....so bummed I am going to miss the entire pumpkin season!

Last edited by kcandponies; 09-17-2013 at 11:20 AM.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I am going to try some of these options. Just went to starbucks the other day for coffee and saw the announcement the lattes were back....so bummed I am going to miss the entire pumpkin season!
I was really bummed too, but I've been trying some of the ideas on the board and they have been pretty good. I'm waiting for the Torani to show up, but even withe just the addition of spices I'm already liking it!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #12  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Ive done it by steeping a pumpkin spice tea bag in a warmed vanilla rtd or pudding made w extra water. I steep it for awhile to enhance flavor then add pumpkin pie spice and wf caramel and heat it a little more. I've also added a shot of expresso to it and that's yummy too!
As a non-coffee drinker, I am always jealous of this time of year. That being said -I might give this recipe a try! Thank you Sonyasbug.

On the topic of pumpkins - curious if anyone has ever made a pumpkin spice-zucchini muffin? I am thinking of modifying the zucchini muffin recipe with vanilla pudding + pumpkin spice. Thoughts?
sarita75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #13  
Working to be an after!

I think it sounds delicious Sarita75!!! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #14  

I take the vanilla drink and warm it in a saucepan with some Taroni Sugar Free Pumpkin syrup, then I pour it in my magic bullet and whip it all up and then add it to a strongly brewed cup of black coffee Delicious...I also do it with the brown sugar cinnamon syrup (sugar free of course)
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
As a non-coffee drinker, I am always jealous of this time of year. That being said -I might give this recipe a try! Thank you Sonyasbug.

On the topic of pumpkins - curious if anyone has ever made a pumpkin spice-zucchini muffin? I am thinking of modifying the zucchini muffin recipe with vanilla pudding + pumpkin spice. Thoughts?
Someone posted a spice cake recipe yesterday, I think it was. I'll see if I can find it and bump it because I wanted to try it too.

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote