3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Friday 9/13/2013

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #61

S/C/G: 224/219.8/160

Height: 5"7

Thanks so much, I switched to alternatives quickly due to financial reasons and was / am not prepared.. so trying to find some things in stores that are not as expensive.. I will order online when I can and get myself organized.. thanks.. I have had a few rouch days talk about grouchy lol.. ughh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
this is the first chance I've had to get back on today or I would have put my two cents in sooner. It looks like this falls within alternative guidelines. I would definitely do this one. I know the alt guidelines are somewhere but I don't have time to look now. maybe do a google search and include 3fatchicks in the search.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #62

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Working it out

I've been OP for a week now. I like the food and I'm doing well (I think), but I'm an emotional eater and had a really hard time today. I've lost 5 pounds so far and am committed to sticking with this so I can get back to the body I used to have, but on days like this I want nothing more than a glass of wine and bowl of ice cream...and whatever else I can get my hands on. I didn't cheat, but I really wanted to. This is the first time I've been tempted to cheat so I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking it out. Since I've only been on IP for a week I feel a little silly posting this, but I'm sure someone out there understands.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #63

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

what are the alternatves?
Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #64

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Good luck this weekend, fellow IPers!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #65
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
Maxxy- Congrats on the 30+ loss. Our stats are similar and I can't wait to be able to post that number.

i made a big change today. My partner is out of town, so I wanted to surprise her when she gets home tomorrow. My hair was really long (mid back) and I cut it to shoulder length with bangs for the first time in my life. It is also more red than usual (usually it is dark Auburn). I told her she wouldn't reckonize me when she gets home, she thought I meant because I was thinner. So excited for her to see me!!
You will look like a whole new woman, with the weight loss and the new 'do! Feels good, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
This might be a silly question, but do you have to eat your snack after dinner,or can you have it anytime throughout the day?
My coach just told me today that as long as you get the 3 packets in, you can space them however you need to, to control hunger. I tend to not get to my dinner meal until 7 or 8 p.m. or so, so I often will have my third packet between lunch and dinner.

Breakofday71 - I haven't had the pleasure of "meeting" you on the forum until now! Wow, impressive stats! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1020 View Post
...had a really hard time today. I didn't cheat, but I really wanted to. Since I've only been on IP for a week I feel a little silly posting this, but I'm sure someone out there understands.
Oh, believe me, we have ALL been there and we all understand! I've only been on for 3.5 wks, and for me, the first week was tough as far as feeling hungry. But this, too, shall pass, and now I feel strong and not at all hungry or tempted. Also, I said before, I had to remind myself that 'hunger' is a normal feeling that even 'normal' weight people feel. I had just never allowed myself to feel it before (intentionally!). I was always eating something to make sure I didn't! Which is how I got to where I am now (or was!) So I tried to put a positive spin on it when I felt hungry. Not ravenously hungry - you don't want to get out of control - but feeling hungry before your next meal is not a bad thing! The rare times I really feel hungry now, well I kind of embrace it as a good sign. Also, get to where you have a 'go to' when you are feeling extra hungry. Dill pickle spears help. Also, if I am due for an IP packet - nothing beats the satisfaction I get from my mocha smoothie! Chocolate drink mix, 6 oz water, 2 tsp instant coffee (decaf if in the evening), lots of ice, 1 c spinach leaves if I need to get a veggie in (you don't even taste it). It is not only decadent, it is filling! Hang in there! It does get easier!

Last edited by slownsteady : 09-13-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #66

S/C/G: 245/235/210

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Based upon the IP coach's manual (from a coach I know), here are the number of packets one should be consuming, based on weight:

Most people use 3 packets (2 non-restricted, 1 restricted) per day.

In the IP clinic manual, it's listed this way:

201-240 pounds = 4 packets/day
241-280 pounds = 5 packets/day
281-320 pounds = 6 packets/day

Of course, still only 1 of those is restricted.

If your coach hasn't told you this <sigh> I'll just say some coaches are better than others. Mine initially told me I could have an "extra" the first week, when based on this info, I should have started on 5/day!
This is very interesting information Lisa, my coach never mentioned this. I probably should be having more IP packs than I've been told
Old 09-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #67
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/See Ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I think I might call my coach tomorrow, or at least text her, because I was full for part of the day, but my stomach hurts now from being hungry... I didn't eat any extra yet, just because I thought I should see if my coach said anything... but man oh man, I was in Walmart tonight, and all I wanted to do was buy something to snack on.... Salad just isn't satisfying my hunger right now... grrr...
But tomorrow is a new day....

My blog

short term goal:

IP Starting date: September 13th, '13
SW: 334, Now: Officially over 100lbs lost!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #68
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I think I might call my coach tomorrow, or at least text her, because I was full for part of the day, but my stomach hurts now from being hungry... I didn't eat any extra yet, just because I thought I should see if my coach said anything... but man oh man, I was in Walmart tonight, and all I wanted to do was buy something to snack on.... Salad just isn't satisfying my hunger right now... grrr...
But tomorrow is a new day....
Do you have a fridge in your room? Buy some dill pickle spears. Those help tide you over when hungry.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #69

Hi everyone, I just started OP today, and have been reading all the fabulous posts here for days, taking notes, ordering alternatives, planning, prepping, so I thought I was prepared. However I was surprised that almost exactly 90 minutes after finishing a RTD shake, or even after my steak and mushroom dinner, I became so ravenously hungry I thought I might chew my arm off. But after waiting it out about another hour, it would completely subside. Has anyone else had this strange timing/hunger issue?
Old 09-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #70

S/C/G: 149/147/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmactx View Post
Hi everyone, I just started OP today, and have been reading all the fabulous posts here for days, taking notes, ordering alternatives, planning, prepping, so I thought I was prepared. However I was surprised that almost exactly 90 minutes after finishing a RTD shake, or even after my steak and mushroom dinner, I became so ravenously hungry I thought I might chew my arm off. But after waiting it out about another hour, it would completely subside. Has anyone else had this strange timing/hunger issue?
Yes I have this all the time!!! I hate it, but I try to drink more water or coffee at times like that, usually happens to me after lunch, Ive been on this diet forever and I still want sweets really bad after lunch and dinner, ergh! Keep going though!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #71

S/C/G: 149/147/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1020 View Post
I've been OP for a week now. I like the food and I'm doing well (I think), but I'm an emotional eater and had a really hard time today. I've lost 5 pounds so far and am committed to sticking with this so I can get back to the body I used to have, but on days like this I want nothing more than a glass of wine and bowl of ice cream...and whatever else I can get my hands on. I didn't cheat, but I really wanted to. This is the first time I've been tempted to cheat so I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking it out. Since I've only been on IP for a week I feel a little silly posting this, but I'm sure someone out there understands.
I completely understand!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant tell you enough how much I do! Lol! You did great by not giving in! I too am an emotional eater and unless you work with that issue the diet wont change that I found, that's why I have been on phase one for 9 months even though I only had like 30lbs to lose, Im close, but emotionally still really struggling. I have a really hard time distracting myself when those hunger/boredom/emotional urges come on. Still trying to figure out those issues.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.