3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Cold and Hungry :-( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287474-cold-hungry.html)

AliExpat 09-12-2013 11:48 AM

Cold and Hungry :-(

Good Morning All,

I'm on my third week of IP and this morning I've had my IP breakfast at 8:30, but now at 10:30 I'm starving!!!! I just had a glass of water with a bit of IP salt that seemed to help a bit, but now I'm freezing cold. The water was room temperature so I don't understand what's going on? I really don't want to eat my lunch packet early. If feel I could eat everything in sight :-(

nolasmurf 09-12-2013 12:07 PM

Maybe have some veggies? I was having that same issue a week or so ago. I had to eat about every 3 hours to keep from starving. I spread out the 4 cups of veggies into 2 snacks and a cup with each meal. Good luck!

sarita75 09-12-2013 12:34 PM

I have had weeks like this. You can also add another unrestricted packet. When I do this, I try to make it a lower-carb addition (something under 6 grams) so that I am keeping my carbs in my desired range.

Chills are commons. Keep sweaters to hand!

dk8258 09-12-2013 01:11 PM

I have felt like this and always turn to a cup of tea (or two). Drinking a hot beverage makes you feel full, and it warms you up.

Green tea is always my go to.....Tazo Zen....it also helps to calm my nerves if I am hungry

Good Luck!

clbott 09-12-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4838451)
Good Morning All,

I'm on my third week of IP and this morning I've had my IP breakfast at 8:30, but now at 10:30 I'm starving!!!! I just had a glass of water with a bit of IP salt that seemed to help a bit, but now I'm freezing cold. The water was room temperature so I don't understand what's going on? I really don't want to eat my lunch packet early. If feel I could eat everything in sight :-(

I'm not sure if it is "advice" but I keep telling myself that it is ok to be hungry and leave it at that.

nolasmurf 09-12-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clbott (Post 4838593)
I'm not sure if it is "advice" but I keep telling myself that it is ok to be hungry and leave it at that.

You are absolutely right! It is okay to be hungry once in a while! I find that I was a boredom eater and would convince myself at I was 'craving' something. Now I eat when my tummy actually growls. Just today I was sitting around watching tv and I said oh I'm hungry but then I looked at the clock and it had only been an hour since breakfast. InsteadI took the dogs for a walk and let them play in the river for a bit. By the time we got back, I wasn't thinking about food anymore. Waited a while longer then had a salad and a pudding. ;)

AliExpat 09-12-2013 04:16 PM

Thanks Ladies!!! My DH always tells me it's ok to be hungry also. I had to borrow my co-workers sweater which helped. I have 3 sweaters at home that I don't wear but will have to bring them into the office. I hope this hunger means my metabolism is speeding up...not likely, lol.

65X65 09-12-2013 05:04 PM

As soon as I was on IP.. Like the first week...I was cold..freezing cold and that has continued all through this past summer. For some it can happen when they begin burning visceral fat ..which is a wonderful reason if its really true. My coach told me that was a sign of that fat going away...so I took that as a good thing. (and was happy!) Now these days, I have not such a thick layer of body fat, and was cold more than I ever remember being cold in the summer. My thyroid's been checked ... And it's fine. So if your thyroid is OK...it is probably just the adjustment to burning fat...and then the fat layer being GONE... or less.
There are all weights of sweaters...my sweater wardrobe has expanded...who knew!? Another reason to shop....

lisa32989 09-12-2013 06:56 PM

Chills are common but for a few of us the VLC diet did a number on the thyroid so make sure you are under medical supervision.