Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #16  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
4th day of my restart and I feel great! Yesterday was a little rough, but nothing I didn't expect and couldn't handle. My message to myself - stay away from Quest bars this time......
I was reading this thread yesterday and was screaming "yes" at the computer screen. So many of you mentioned the Quest bars causing cravings for you also and I am so happy hear that this isn't just me! I had originally purchased 2 (cinnamon and banana nut). Loved the cinnamon and when I returned to get more, there was a sale and I bought an entire box. Thus began my descent down the slipper slope. If 1 is good, then 2 must be better, etc., etc. I had not noticed these cravings with other products before, so these will definitely have to be a "no-go" for me. If I ever really need one, for road trip, etc., I will go into GNC and purchase only 1 bar! 1 bar, not 1 box. Lesson learned.

I read that thread, too. I ordered 2 from Lucky Vitamin when I ordered my Syntrax Nectars last time. I've never had one. Now I'm totally afraid to try them!

Welcome back -- and good for you for watching yourself closely enough to identify the problem. That is more than half the battle! Onward!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #17  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
One other thing I've noticed is that it seems my relationship with food seems to have changed. Which is a good thing. In the past my view of food has included thinking of it as a reward or as a comfort, etc. Also they physically sensations of eating and that feeling of being "full" was something to strive for any time I ate. Let's be clear here, that feeling of being full was me feeling stuffed like a Christmas turkey. If I didn't have that feeling then I was left feeling empty physically as well emotionally.

This last week I find myself eating and viewing food as a fuel that my body needs. Not something that I must derive pleasure from. Case in point has been while in the other phases I sometimes had those thoughts of "I can't wait to have xxxx food back in my diet. As I've read many times by other members here on the forum. Now that I can have that food item it no longer holds much appeal to me. An example is fruit, I've always liked fruit but now that I can eat it, it hasn't been this wondrous gastronomical delight that I thought it might be. I've found the same with bread, it tastes fine but I no longer am finding that I "must" eat 4-6 slices for a meal/snack etc. So we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.
This is exactly how I hope to be in maintenance. I am this way now, but have been worrying that it is just ketosis talking. This is a very hopeful message to me. Thanks.

I know this is a very stressful time for you, but I have no doubt that this is just a reordering in your life and will turn out a great thing. You have changed so much and for the better. It is clear that you are being pushed into something suited to the new you. I have no doubt that, very soon, you will look back at this transition with relief and gratitude. In the meantime, hang in there and keep the faith.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #18  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

.2 away from being down 55lbs!! eek!!! I'm a little behind from where I would have liked to be by now, but only by 4lb. I'm good with that!

I'm wondering how much weight people lost during phases 2 & 3. I think i'll get within 5lb of my goal by the time I plan on starting phase 2 & i'm wondering if i'll lose those pounds (maybe more?) while phasing into maintenance. Just wondering what to look forward to!! Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Good morning all! I had the greatest dinner last night. I made the potato puffs in a larger baking bowl and turned it into a hamburger bun. I had my burger with bun and rutabaga fries. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven...and 100% on plan, without a restricted!!!!
So, did you combine 2 proteins at one meal or split your meat protein into 2 meals? I'm always hesitant to do something like that (use a packet and meat) b/c I KNOW I'll get hungry later. It's just the way I roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Morning everyone!! Cooked a nice dinner last nigh - made the "Lamber Jules" Shephards pie and I ate 3 bites and was full!! Just like Silver I too struggle to eat everything its more force feeding than anything .. and I'm only doing 3-4 packets a day ... I think I'm just going to switch things up by switching lunch and dinner.. Have a great OP Day!
My suggestion is to focus on 3 packets & ALL the veggies & do the 4th if needed. The Fun with Veggie Puree thread (see first post in this thread for link) offers great suggestions on how to get all the veggies in w/ minimal "bulk". You'll be surprised by the end of your P1 time, you'll be looking forward to MORE veggies (I am!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Weigh-in number 9 and down 4.4 lbs! Not sure what I did differently last week to bring such a big loss, but I wish I could duplicate it!!
Quick! Figure it out & bottle it! You'd make gazillions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfighter View Post
I am back to really struggling to get all the food in on this plan! I know that some of it is that my adrenal problems leave me with no appetite whatsoever, but it really is hard for me to get this bulk of food into my system each day. I did okay days 1-6, but I have really struggled the last few.

I am trying zucchini muffins today, maybe that will help too! The vegetable choices at my local groceries are really limited.
See my suggestion above. Using the purees really reduces the "bulk". I added puree to my soup for lunch for about 5 months. I add spinach to my morning smoothie. This left ONE cup of veggies for dinner. Some veggies cook down pretty small so one cup raw = not much cooked.

Do you have local farms/farmers markets? That is where I'm buying (almost) all my produce right now. I'd rather buy local than something shipped in from elsewhere & support the small farmer.

One other thing I'll mention. If you already have adrenal problems, VLC diets can play havoc on thyroid (and hence, adrenals). I'd be medically monitored VERY carefully. Most folks bounce back easily after acclimating. Others, like me, don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Lisa - per usual, thanks for the daily thread.
It is my pleasure. Totally my way of paying it forward.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #20  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Quick! Figure it out & bottle it! You'd make gazillions!
The only thing that I can think of that I did differently was eating more raw vegetables than cooked, as I was traveling and had everything precut and portioned, ready to go. I usually have raw veggies at lunch, and cooked at dinner.

I have also noticed an increase in bowel movements (sorry TMI) since Sunday.

Could this be from raw veggies, or just a fluke?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #21  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hi everyone! Back from my weight and despite TOM I'm down another 2.2 lbs. my coach and I had a great convo about vacation. He asked me my plan of attack and told me that it sounds like I'm good to go. I did tell him that I will probably have cocktails while I'm there and he just told me to be careful as the alcohol may hit me faster. Lol so I'm re thinking that, hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi all
Nashua Nutrition is offering free shipping on orders over $49 TODAY ONLY
AWESOME! Thanks Lisa!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #23  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
.2 away from being down 55lbs!! eek!!! I'm a little behind from where I would have liked to be by now, but only by 4lb. I'm good with that!

I'm wondering how much weight people lost during phases 2 & 3. I think i'll get within 5lb of my goal by the time I plan on starting phase 2 & i'm wondering if i'll lose those pounds (maybe more?) while phasing into maintenance. Just wondering what to look forward to!! Thanks!!
I keep meaning to ask, what happened to your kitty's paw :-(

Bravo on the -55!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #24  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Today I put on a pair of pants I bought at the beginning of August. I got them because they were on sale at the tail end of the Nordstrom's half yearly sale, so I had to buy them, right? Anyhoo, they were quite tight in the gut-thigh-butt area, but today they are loose!!!! And the shirt I got to go with it is falling off my shoulder!!! Yippee!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of adrenal problems do you have? Are you recovering from Cushings? I had an adrenalectomy in 2009 and then spent 2 years being cortisol-deficient. That is a special kind of ****. Whatever your issue is, I wanted to send a hug.
They have not been able to identify exactly what is causing the problem. My cortisol levels are 4 times what they are supposed to be. I gained 40 pounds last fall without changing my diet or exercise at all and stopped sleeping through the night...basically my medical team is stumped. The thing that helps the most is amino acid supplements. They have shied away from a Cushing's diagnosis because of my dexamethasone suppression test results. We don't even know. This has been a completely miserable experience.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Dudes. I just turned my cookies and cream muscle milk light powder into muffins and they are awesome!! I'm thinking they may be my later in the day snack because I can get 6 mini muffins out of it.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #27  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi all
Nashua Nutrition is offering free shipping on orders over $49 TODAY ONLY
Thanks!

I had been holding off on my order hoping for some sort of discount. For International Customers (Canada), it's $10 off shipping which is better than nothing.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #28  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Dudes. I just turned my cookies and cream muscle milk light powder into muffins and they are awesome!! I'm thinking they may be my later in the day snack because I can get 6 mini muffins out of it.
Wow, that sounds great. Can you share the recipe?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I just took this recipe,

Pineapple Banana Puffs
IP Pineapple Banana Drink Mix
2 Egg Whites
1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder

Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff
Add baking powder & drink mix & mix thoroughly
Place in 6 paper baking cups
Bake <15 minutes at 350deg

and substituted 1 scoop of muscle milk powder for the drink mix. I expect you can do any flavor of protein powder in the mix. I have cake batter flavor too, I might be trying that tonight!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #30  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
I keep meaning to ask, what happened to your kitty's paw :-(

Bravo on the -55!!!!
lol I guess my avatar makes it look like hes missing a hand huh?? its actually under his head, like his own little pillow! He's totally healthy! He is cross-eyed though, which makes him extra awesome
1111.jpg

angus818.jpg
Closed Thread