Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
In the states I've never found just vinegar or oil available in a FF place. All they have is their packaged stuff.

Restaurants are much more accommodating... But on the interstate and "stuck"... Was fresh out of luck! Everything dressing worthy is /was packaged the one time I found the need to punt this way. Anyone else who managed an IP meal at a true FF franchise should share their strategy... It's helpful to know when there is the will... There is a way.. Or more than one way to get through the meal.... and stay OP.
I eat at FF places probably about three times a year, but I found that the chicken strips/nuggets and the burger without sauces, cheese and bun are fine with ketosis. The burger has a bit more fat, but you can leave out the daily oil. The fish burger is probably also fine. I prefer to eat that to a salad without dressing. If food is not satisfactory and satiating, I become frustrated and want more.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
In the states I've never found just vinegar or oil available in a FF place. All they have is their packaged stuff.

Restaurants are much more accommodating... But on the interstate and "stuck"... Was fresh out of luck! Everything dressing worthy is /was packaged the one time I found the need to punt this way. Anyone else who managed an IP meal at a true FF franchise should share their strategy... It's helpful to know when there is the will... There is a way.. Or more than one way to get through the meal.... and stay OP.
They have lemon for tea at all of the ones I've been to (and some do have oil/vinegar if you ask, but, unfortunately, the vinegar may be balsamic. In that case, lemon & oil works)
Lemon, salt, pepper can make a flavoring on a salad, in addition, I like the pickle idea & the broiled chicken chopped up on the plain salad. And for the ones that have salsa...that makes a tasty dressing.

Yes, where there is a will, there is a way. It isn't about deprivation...it is about making the plan work!

We don't do FF so LITERALLY, I think I've been there twice in the 13+ months OP but I made it work when I was there. I believe I got a burger, no bun instead of chicken, but that is a personal taste choice. Same with tomatoes. I don't like them so I never get them.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Great suggestions Lisa. I agree...I have eaten at a FF place about 2 times since I've started but it's do-able if you want it to be.

Garden salad with whatever is not allowed picked off, lemon, salt and pepper and whatever protein (chicken, burger) is available.

As an aside, Panera Bread has small pouches of EVOO available.

I do get the Veggie Delite salad at Subway quite often. Between the pickles and jalapenos I find I don't even need dressing.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #19  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
You do not need to be in ketosis to lose weight. If you go right back, there will be no damage. I have found that when being on a very low calorie diet that sometimes overeating once leads to a bigger loss within a week. Though I kept my overeating to protein and fat. I also refuse to feel guilty because this just sets you up for failure. Just plan ahead next time, keep to the plan and continue dieting. One bad day does not harm you. Feeling bad and then continue overeating does.
Thank you so much Lolo. This is awesome advice!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
65X65 - you are a lady full of wisdom! Your suggestions re eating out at FF places was very helpful. I have a good retired friend on a fixed income who loves to go to FF places for their salads - it is expensive to buy all the neat makings of a salad for her, so she treats herself to one at a FF place.

I go with her and I am not about to say 'no' to her for her treat. I have tried some strategies, some successful and some not. I ordered one salad "spicy chicken" thinking that when I stirred up the lettuce, the spices and a bit of lemon juice would give me a sort of dressing.

I did not think, since I never eat FF, to ask about the chicken! "Spicy chicken" means spicy FRIED chicken. I tried to pick off all the coating only to discover there was practically NO chicken inside - it was pieces of fried fry! Also removed the black olives, declined the croutons, the dressing, the cheese.

Not a success at all. I will work harder to ASK questions and just find a way to moisten the lettuce or think to pack a packet o Walden Farms dressing in my purse.

Each day is a learning experience on IP.
Right you are...LOL... Each day does continue to be a learning experience...! The one time I was stuck on the Pa. turnpike WAY longer than we'd planned after a call concerning an emergency with my dad, the rest stop we ended up with only had a pizza/pasta place, a Starbucks and a Burger King... They were woefully inadequate but the double salad with chicken was close enough to getting what I needed. I had something for breakfast and lunch packed in the car that day and we were shooting to be where we needed to be by lunchtime. That was my one and only "Fast Food foray" while on P1. We had every imaginable detour to our ETA plan that day... Construction, bad weather and accidents slowing traffic ..(plural accidents..)...including a big truck that closed a direction on the turnpike.

Some days you need a plan A, B AND C!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-12-2013 at 03:12 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #21  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I saw someone reference Panera Bread. Check out their 'secret menu'. They have a steak lettuce wrap on the mmenu thats great if you ask for extra veggies and no pesto! They are pretty generous with the evoo packets as well.
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #22  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

My "emergency salad dressing" is hot sauce and just plain yellow mustard. I like it...a bit spicy but better than just plain!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
My "emergency salad dressing" is hot sauce and just plain yellow mustard. I like it...a bit spicy but better than just plain!
That is brilliant...!

...And something I'd like. Right now am "off spicey"... Drs orders....But going to try this at some point down the road...
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 245/235/210

Height: 6'1"

I carry a zip lock bag with walden farms dressing packs, small IP sea salt shaker, Splenda packets, and decaf tea bags with me everywhere I go. Of course I always carry a huge purse.
Jac71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #25  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Weighed this morning - about a pound up from where I was the morning before I cheated, so I suppose that's the real damage of what I did and the rest was just water weight. 1 actual pound gained and 3 days lost that I could have been losing actual weight instead of just dropping water weight. Oh well, lesson learned. I will be on the straight and narrow this weekend, that's for sure!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote