Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfighter View Post
Okay, here is the thing. I didn't think through the soy protein problem I have with digestion with regards to dinner! so I have eaten scrambled eggs every night for a week. I am actually considering eating meat at this point, though it has been 16 years and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Any other vegetarians currently on IP?
I am a vegetarian and have basically been sticking to eggs and tofu for dinners, tempeh once in a while. I love changing up the veggies to make omelets (zucchini is great!), and there's a great recipe on one of the threads for Caulifower "Mashed" Potatoes that has egg in it and makes a really filling meal. If you like to cook at all, try changing up how you do your eggs and check the recipe threads for some ideas so you don't get bored!

By the way, congrats to all who shared losses and NSVs today!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #62  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Good evening! So inspiring to see everyone's successes here! And to see the "sticktoitiveness" of you who have had slow progress lately.

My third WI is tomorrow. I wonder what it will show?? I do not weigh at home so it's always a surprise. I do have to admit, though, that I am astounded by the changes I'm seeing in my body already. The fat roll around the top of my hips is smaller, I actually have an indent where my waist should be, and the cellulite on my thighs is smoother. I don't think it shows that much when I'm clothed though! And my cats won't tell me if they can see a difference when I'm naked.

Keep up the positive attitudes! "See" you tomorrow!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, just wated to share a MEGA NSV today, i walked into my spin class, and an acquaintance I haven't seen in a while said "Hi Skinny!" Made my day!!! WOWWWWW!!!

WI is tomorrow, my scale says I am down 21. IP works!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I've got company visiting from out of town so busy, busy, busy!

Had my WI yesterday and for the first time in 11 weeks, I was up .8 (but down 2.75"), despite staying 100% OP. It is TOM and I think there's a bit of water retention happening too. However, I am not letting that get me down - today is another day I had a NSV for me today - I needed to get a new pair of yoga pants for relaxing around the house and I actually got to pick a pair that weren't the largest size of the non-plus sizes! I was so happy when the sales person said that she thought the biggest size would be too big for me - yay!

We are also starting a Biggest Loser competition at work on Monday and I intend to win that sucker

Hope everyone is having a great day/night!

Jo
Old 09-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #65  

UGH - sinus cold with a super sore throat AND heading out of town to take kids to the Calgary Zoo and Calaway Park...we'll be staying in a hotel (for 3 nights)so I'm going to cut up a bunch of peppers, celery and cucumber to have with lunches for a few days but does anyone have any good 'hotel stay' tips for me?

Hope my cold doesn't beat me down and ruin our fun family mini-break.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #66  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
UGH - sinus cold with a super sore throat AND heading out of town to take kids to the Calgary Zoo and Calaway Park...we'll be staying in a hotel (for 3 nights)so I'm going to cut up a bunch of peppers, celery and cucumber to have with lunches for a few days but does anyone have any good 'hotel stay' tips for me?

Hope my cold doesn't beat me down and ruin our fun family mini-break.
When I went camping a week or so ago, I took shredded chicken with me so I could continue having 8oz meat suppers without cooking. I slowcooked a full chicken and weighed out 2 servings of 8oz breast meat. I would think you could also do a roast beef, ham, or something similar if you wanted to switch up meat! How about boiling some eggs, and eating just the whites (2/day) for a snack while your walking around the attractions?

If you wanted to do a fun family supper with the kids one evening - go to Edworthy Park! It's family oriented (so lots of playgrounds) and has multiple picnic tables and BBQ set ups. So.... BBQ your own homemade burgers/grill veggies for supper one night. I think all you would need is to bring your own wood

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 09-11-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #67  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Hooray!!! I can't wait until I get mine. Makes this journey even more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I finally got my signature/ticker! I finally got my signature/ticker!

I feel so "real" now. Ha Ha

Happy OP Wednesday all!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
When I went camping a week or so ago, I took shredded chicken with me so I could continue having 8oz meat suppers without cooking. I slowcooked a full chicken and weighed out 2 servings of 8oz breast meat. I would think you could also do a roast beef, ham, or something similar if you wanted to switch up meat! How about boiling some eggs, and eating just the whites (2/day) for a snack while your walking around the attractions?

If you wanted to do a fun family supper with the kids one evening - go to Edworthy Park! It's family oriented (so lots of playgrounds) and has multiple picnic tables and BBQ set ups. So.... BBQ your own homemade burgers/grill veggies for supper one night. I think all you would need is to bring your own wood
HEHE I'm showing up at your house for dinner...I see you live in Calgary JK.

Those are great ideas...I will look in to Edworthy Park - thanks for the tip!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #69  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Love it! Glad they made you smile; congrats on the BIG loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Hi all, just wated to share a MEGA NSV today, i walked into my spin class, and an acquaintance I haven't seen in a while said "Hi Skinny!" Made my day!!! WOWWWWW!!!

WI is tomorrow, my scale says I am down 21. IP works!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #70  
sugar is the devil

I live about 5 mins from Edworthy maybe you can make me an IP friendly meal! I'm tired of cooking all the time!
Closed Thread