3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/11/3013

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #46
Restart - Oct 13, 2014

S/C/G: 224/219.5/160

Height: 5"7

Wow, your stats are soo impressive.. very inspiring for sure.. I am not qualified to give advice yet since i have only been on IP 3 weeks but maybe your body needs a shake up? I am sure more seasoned IP'ers will give you some advice.. or maybe your body just wants to maintain where you are ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I have come a long way in my weight loss journey. I have have many successes on IP -it works! What I am struggling with now is the fact that I am burned out and tired. I am 10 lbs from the goal my dr and I set, but I am seriously considering switching to phase 3 on the first of October even if I haven't hit it yet. Any feedback or suggestions?

determined to make it to onederland by Jan 1, 2015
wi 1 -
Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #47
Restart - Oct 13, 2014

S/C/G: 224/219.5/160

Height: 5"7

I just wanted to say congrats to everyone today on your losses.. very impresive!

determined to make it to onederland by Jan 1, 2015
wi 1 -
Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #48
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I have come a long way in my weight loss journey. I have have many successes on IP -it works! What I am struggling with now is the fact that I am burned out and tired. I am 10 lbs from the goal my dr and I set, but I am seriously considering switching to phase 3 on the first of October even if I haven't hit it yet. Any feedback or suggestions?
I'm sorry, I meant to respond to you earlier.
You are so close! I say do what feels right
Diet burnout is a real thing (mentally and physically), especially for those of us doing it over a year. There is nothing wrong with phasing off close to goal. Remember, you'll still lose in Phase 2 (don't skip it!) and I still lost in P3, albeit not like in P1.

A "break" doesn't mean a break from learning to maintain your new weight. It means continuing behaviors that will keep you in the same weight range. Perhaps a 6 or 8 week break from P1 is exactly what the "doctor" ordered. You might be pleasantly surprised how quickly the rest will come off if you give your body a break from P1, learn to follow P4 and learn to maintain for a while.

I was switching to P4 on Halloween but I may actually bump that up a bit. We will just see how it goes. I'd really like to hit the 100 lb off mark, first!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #49
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
Definitely try ordering more IP style bars from Nashua. This might help. They're good but don't lead to cravings.

I really have to wonder about the "net" carbs with the Quest bars. I wonder if the higher carb count drives your hunger cravings.
Those cause me cravings, as well (bars from Nashua or IP bars). So it isn't just Quest bars.

Last edited by lisa32989 : 09-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #50

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

down 2 lbs today at WI, after a 2 week no loss, at least the scale is moving in the right direction. Oh and I havent done anything different, I guess my body just wanted to hang on to those 2 lbs.

On another note...... What is IP thinking???? coach told me today that the chicken patty is discontinued........boy am I bumming with that! There arent many "foods" I like on the plan. And she said IP is coming out with a brownie that is 200 calories and 22 grams of carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She didn't know what IP was thinking with that!

65x65 nice to see you around again!!!

As for the quest bars I havent tried them and I have stayed away from the wafers too. I tend to have a sweet tooth and I think I might not be able to limit them.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #51

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
down 2 lbs today at WI, after a 2 week no loss, at least the scale is moving in the right direction. Oh and I havent done anything different, I guess my body just wanted to hang on to those 2 lbs.

On another note...... What is IP thinking???? coach told me today that the chicken patty is discontinued........boy am I bumming with that! There arent many "foods" I like on the plan. And she said IP is coming out with a brownie that is 200 calories and 22 grams of carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She didn't know what IP was thinking with that!

65x65 nice to see you around again!!!

As for the quest bars I havent tried them and I have stayed away from the wafers too. I tend to have a sweet tooth and I think I might not be able to limit them.
Hi.. It's been a fun day posting and saying hi and thanks to all! You also have been really hitting this monkey hard! Wonderful!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #52
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

I finally got my signature/ticker! I finally got my signature/ticker!

I feel so "real" now. Ha Ha

Happy OP Wednesday all!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #53

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Thank-you Lisa for your reply. I have been on phase 2 for two weeks, back to phase 1 for a week and then back to phase 2. Have been doing this for about 8 weeks now as my body suddenly started craving more protein than what I was getting on just phase 1. So I won't be skipping any phases.

I, too, have decided that I can no longer allow the Quest bars in the house in quantities of more than 1. They are now a craving trigger....go figure.

So, I will buckle down and work the plan 100% for the next 2 1/2 weeks before moving onto the next phase. We will see what happens then. Who is to say that I can not continue to lose weight while on maintenance?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #54
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/See Ticker/175

I am so excited! My food order comes in tomorrow, and while I was at dinner (so my phone was away) My coach called me...
I was so excited to start that I went and bought a scale at wally world last night, and tried to buy a protein shaker bottle, but they didnt have any... I was kind of sad!

My blog

short term goal:

IP Starting date: September 13th, '13
SW: 334, Now: Officially over 100lbs lost!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #55

Okay, here is the thing. I didn't think through the soy protein problem I have with digestion with regards to dinner! so I have eaten scrambled eggs every night for a week. I am actually considering eating meat at this point, though it has been 16 years and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Any other vegetarians currently on IP?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #56

Silverfighter, I am a vegetarian, I do eggs, scrambled with lots of veggies, tofu stirfrys, Quorn products, tofu dogs, I will make deviled eggs with WF chipotle mayo and mustard.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #57
sugar is the devil

S/C/G: 208/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I'm pretty sure I have a multi-vitamin dissolving at the top portion of my esophagus right now. Bothering me so much but it aint going anywhere

-------------------------
Started Ideal Protein August 12/13 @ 208.8lbs
Old 09-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #58

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

SonoLady: Yes, the chicken patty was discontinued.

Regarding the brownie...it is a double chocolate one that's already out. It is 190 calories, 25 grams of carbs but it has 10 grams of fiber making it 15 net carbs. It's delicious and filling!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #59

IPN, I guess my clinic doesnt have them yet and I'll pass on them. I am really disappointed with the loss of chicken patties. Its a good think I hopefully only have a few more weeks on phase 1 because my lunch choices are limited. I eat the chicken ala king with different veggies added, the herb omelet, once in a while the veggie chili and the chicken patty. I'm not a fan of the other soups . I sometimes have a salad and shake.

Does Proti diet or proti thin make a chicken patty? I'm going to have to search that out.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #60

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Diabetes Help (SORRY for LONG Post!!)

Is anyone here a TYPE 2 Diabetic? I need some feedback/thoughts… It will require a little if my history. I know I am asking a lot for you to read this, but if you have experience or are knowledgeable on the topic, I certainly appreciate your help!

Diagnosed 4 years ago, cut back on sugars and a few "white things" THEN 2 years ago came to the realization that I had to manage my overall daily carb intake in order to manage my diabetes (as well as lose weight, etc.) Did Atkins 10 years ago so already aware of low carbing lifestyle. Started testing, working with a nutritionist to guide portions; she reviewed meal/blood sugar log to pinpoint things that cause sugar spikes.

Didn't lose a lot or fast that way, but did get my sugars/A1C to start decreasing. A1C went from mid 9's to mid/low 7s. Blood sugar after meals initially would climb to the 180s (sometimes higher, sometimes lower), but after awhile, started creeping down to the 140s 2+ hours after eating and drop to 120s fairly quickly. Morning Fasting BS continued higher than desired, almost no matter what I ate at night (or didn't eat). Often was 130s-140s. Over time moved into the 120s, teens and sometimes close to 100. ALSO found I am very sensitive to carbs in the morning if I eat more than 15-20g.

Of course, IP was not only the magic bullet to weight loss for me (YAY!!!) but also hoped it would work its magic on my blood sugar as it has for SO MANY other IPers (low/no spikes, off meds, etc.) First 2 months I saw overall decreases; often morning BS in the low to mid 90s. A1C after first 3-4 months 6.3. Fasting blood sugar 115 (It can be 90s at 6-7 am, but by 8 am if fasting is on the rise - hence higher when I get labwork).

I have dropped 40lbs met a good weight goal, moved thru P2. In P3, the BIG breakfast with carbs in low 30s, using both grain (thin wheat round) and fruit (blueberries) with yogurt, BS spiked into the 180+ range! EEEK!! Still sensitive!! Grrr! Tried a couple different combos of BIG breakfast, but just cannot eat the carbs unless I choose grain or fruit, not both.

UPSHOT - I am into maintenance, 40 lbs lighter and still on meds to help diabetes. I am not going wild in maintenance, in fact eating some days like P2/P1. Morning BS is higher again (110-120) and getting more spikes after reasonable meals with few grain/fruit carbs (or even none except P1 veggies). Recently read that low carbing for diabetics can actually get the body used to lower carbs so it starts reacting to them as if they were at a higher level, raising sugars anyway. No idea how accurate that is!

Anyone else lose a good deal of weight but still have the same blood sugar issues?? Doc originally said, "Loose 10-20 lbs and you will probably be off all your meds…" NOT! FRUSTRATED (though still very HAPPY with weightloss). Really want to figure out how to get better control over blood sugars! THOUGHTS?? THANK YOU!!!!!!!
(Posting in several threads to get feedback!)

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.