IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/11/3013

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Good Morning!

A NSV for me; I am no longer wearing "granny-panties"!
    Congrats!
    Now you HAVE to make a visit to Tarjé (Target)
    Best panties ever!
    and the XL is really an XL
  • Quote: A NSV for me; I am no longer wearing "granny-panties"!
    That deserves a carrot dance!!! LOL! Can't wait to get rid of mine. I think I'll have a granny pantie burning party!!
  • Quote: Good Morning!

A NSV for me; I am no longer wearing "granny-panties"!
    I love this update! I cannot wait to buy all new underwear!!
  • My Grannies are gone too! I think I am 2lbs lighter just by getting rid of them. You could have wrapped a small bear in those babies!
  • Can you explain why you are giving up Quest bars? I love them, and they are the only non-IP alternative I am using, but I have been hooked on them for months. Not everyday, but they taste great and fill me up. I average 4 bars a week, but don't want to screw up the plan. I need to buy more food, instead of the drinks and puddings and soups. The bars jut give me the satisfaction of EATING something.
  • [QUOTE=AprilH3;4837714.... I only have 16 lbs left to get to goal. I know I can do it! While the stuff I ate was good, it wasn't better that getting smaller and it's sure as heck not better than getting to look good in a swimsuit or better than seeing my husband's family looking hot. They're such fat shamers that I've always felt uncomfortable around them. I have 10 days before I see everyone and I want to look as good as I possibly can!!.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're nervous about "judgement day" --seeing "the peeps" who are ego centered on looks rather than love, happiness and health. I understand all too well having concerns about judgements from others. Unfortunately, they will judge no matter what you look like, be prepared. Especially if they throw you out of whack by comments about being "too skinny" or any other detrimental comment. I've always been so focused on my body. When I lost 105 lbs., some guy I met asked if I could get a face lift? He said my body was fine but, he had to look at my face each day and it needed work. I bid him adieu but the comment hurt my self esteem for awhile.

I hope you will prepare yourself so that no matter what they say, it doesn't derail you from your weight loss journey. You must tell yourself that their judgements say more about them than they do about you! BTW, the man who made the comment to me had lost a leg in a vehicular accident. Amazing that his own shortcoming -- no pun intended, had not made him more compassionate or understanding. Keep that in mind too. I wish you strength!
  • Quote: ?...I will suggest he tries eating exactly what I do for dinner, and even having a protein shake before going to the gym in the morning. He always goes on an empty stomach and then eats breakfast (usually yogurt, fruit and cereal) when he gets home. Thanks for the advice!
    I've been reading body building nutrition articles. They seem to all recommend protein before and after work outs.
  • Quote: Can you explain why you are giving up Quest bars? I love them, and they are the only non-IP alternative I am using, but I have been hooked on them for months. Not everyday, but they taste great and fill me up. I average 4 bars a week, but don't want to screw up the plan. I need to buy more food, instead of the drinks and puddings and soups. The bars jut give me the satisfaction of EATING something.
    In the past people have stated that quest bars taste "too" good, that it leads to over eating. That is what I took from the comments about the quest bars. I also use the bars but I don't find tht they make me want to over eat. Now there is a certain Atkins bar that if I had the box in the house the entire box would be eaten.
  • Quote: Maybe you're nervous about "judgement day" --seeing "the peeps" who are ego centered on looks rather than love, happiness and health. I understand all too well having concerns about judgements from others. Unfortunately, they will judge no matter what you look like, be prepared. Especially if they throw you out of whack by comments about being "too skinny" or any other detrimental comment. I've always been so focused on my body. When I lost 105 lbs., some guy I met asked if I could get a face lift? He said my body was fine but, he had to look at my face each day and it needed work. I bid him adieu but the comment hurt my self esteem for awhile.

I hope you will prepare yourself so that no matter what they say, it doesn't derail you from your weight loss journey. You must tell yourself that their judgements say more about them than they do about you! BTW, the man who made the comment to me had lost a leg in a vehicular accident. Amazing that his own shortcoming -- no pun intended, had not made him more compassionate or understanding. Keep that in mind too. I wish you strength!
    Man oh man what I would have said to that man. That was awfull, the expletives would have come forth my mouth with a vengeance. What I don't understand is why people think they have a right to say things like that. I guess we live in America, thanks for that, so they have the right....but still makes them jerks!!
  • Ok thanks. The quest bars do not make me crave sweets, and I am never tempted to eat more than one. The fiber is very filling and helps with bathroom regularity, and I am only buying the natrual line products, with 5 net carbs, low fat and under 170 calories, so very similar to the IP bars! With an IP snack, I am usually huungry 3 hours later. The quest bars keep me going for longer, so I decided they would be the only non-IP product I use. Oh, except for an occasional Jay Robb protein powder drink, cause I have about 15 scopps left and don't want it to go to waste.
    Karen
  • Karen, I think part of this process is figuring out what works for you. If quest work keep using them. Good luck!
  • Quote: Ok thanks. The quest bars do not make me crave sweets, and I am never tempted to eat more than one. The fiber is very filling and helps with bathroom regularity, and I am only buying the natrual line products, with 5 net carbs, low fat and under 170 calories, so very similar to the IP bars! With an IP snack, I am usually huungry 3 hours later. The quest bars keep me going for longer, so I decided they would be the only non-IP product I use. Oh, except for an occasional Jay Robb protein powder drink, cause I have about 15 scopps left and don't want it to go to waste.
    Karen
    What are the natural line bars similar to IP bars? Im curious? I buy Quest bars, Im just not familiar with a natural line, thanks!
    ~Sara
  • Quote: In the past people have stated that quest bars taste "too" good, that it leads to over eating. That is what I took from the comments about the quest bars. I also use the bars but I don't find tht they make me want to over eat. Now there is a certain Atkins bar that if I had the box in the house the entire box would be eaten.
    I cant keep those Atkins bars around anymore, I have eaten an entire box! They taste good, but wow did they upset my stomach after eating too many!
  • I have two stories to report today!

First off, my counselor and I worked on coping skills for binge eating, shes great at giving me visual cues for changing my behavior, super helpful!

Second, I finally decided to check out one of the new medical scrub stores that just opened up here and I couldn't freakin believe that I can wear XS petites!!! The shop owner kept telling me how cute and little I was! I could actually fit into the XXS but I want the extra room because weight is going to fluctuate a little bit. OMG Im so excited to not have to wear baggy Walmart scrubs, I got actual nice fitting ones, expensive yes, but I work sooo many extra shifts I deserve to wear cute scrubs since Im in them more than regular clothes! Ha!

Happy Tuesday everyone and good job! I want to say thanks again to everyone who responded and helped me out yesterday and Sunday with advice, I am definitely struggling the closer I get to my goal, Im losing motivation, even though it feels good to be close, its still hard and progress has really slowed for me.
  • Quote: I have a confession, well two. I am giving up Quest bars. They've been tasting like more too often so they've got to go. I no longer have any at the house and I won't be buying more.
    Definitely try ordering more IP style bars from Nashua. This might help. They're good but don't lead to cravings.

I really have to wonder about the "net" carbs with the Quest bars. I wonder if the higher carb count drives your hunger cravings.