Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #16  
Started IP 9/6/13

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
I am so excited about entering my 1st full week on IP. I am on day 4 and know I can do this. Thanks for all of the success stories here they help so much.
I will be heading to Vegas in Dec to see my son compete he is professional athelete. I am going to surprise him with this weigh loss. I know I can do this. Thanks to all of you guys that post and support us newbies.
HAPPY HAPPY IP MONDAY!!!!!
I'm on day 4 as well! I'll be keeping an eye on you!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #17  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
= I had decided when I first started this journey that I was not going to keep it a secret.
When I did IP in the past, I told everyone who would listen about it, but this time I decided only to tell my immediate family and the people at my work (there are only 6 of us). The majority of my friends live all over Ontario (the joys of being a military spouse) and I only see them a couple times a year. The next time I will be seeing most of them is the beginning of December when my husband and I host an Ugly Christmas Sweater party. I am looking forward to everyone's reactions. I am hoping to be in ONEderland by then.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #18  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Good news this morning. A girl I work with, who I have NOT told about my diet, commented that it looked like I lost weight I'm not seeing it but I guess it's noticeable! Amazing what dropping 15 lbs has accomplished so far.

Now that my roommate has moved out and I have ample of kitchen space, I spent some time yesterday evening organizing an Ideal Protein cupboard! The bottom shelf is dedicated to drinks/puddings, the middle shelf is soups/entrees, and the top is snacks (the little box beside it is filled with bars). I'm short, so if I want a snack/restricted packet - I gotta grab a stool in order to get one... more effort so I better want it I just need to make some pretty labels for the baskets.
OOO! I want an IP cupboard!! Such a smart idea!! I think I will do this, too! Or at least an IP shelf in the pantry!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #19  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Morning all!!

Today is DH and I's 2nd anniversary, and I'm super excited!! I'm going to resist the urge to get all mushygushy, but man! He's kinda the best. Tonight, we're going out to our fav brazillian bbq place for dinner (MMMM... MEAT!) and then home to bed.

In other news, I attempted the Proti-Diet pancake this morning, and... yeah, not happy with the results. The middle was a bit too wet and mooshy for my taste. I'm wondering if I didn't cook it long enough? Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated.
This is what has worked for me with pancakes: find a frying pan to cook it in, not a griddle. I want it to be contained in the pan, not running free all over the griddle! I oil the pan well with my daily oil allowance. Then pour the batter in hot pan, and then cover the pan with a large saucepan lid. This retains the heat and it cooks from the bottom and the top. Then if I'm feeling brave I flip the pancake after I see that the top has set enough. Then slide it in the plate, add WF syrup and enjoy!!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #20  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning All!!!

I have my second WI today and I'm really anxious to see the difference since my pants are falling off. I went to brunch yesterday and my friends took pictures and I am happy to say that my face is so much slimmer!!! Speaking of brunch, I must pat myself on the back because I successfully made it through OP!!! I had Iced Tea and water instead of the champagne. Normally I would order a double shot of chambord or peach schnapps to add to the champagne, but I didn't even miss it. Although, by the end of the brunch I did stick my tongue into DH glass right after the waiter topped up his bubbly just to I could get a taste, lol, it did the job!! it was really easy to stay on plan, i just loaded up my plate with lettuce and veggies and stuck to the raw bar, mostly ceviche and tuna tartare. I did have to small slices of mozzarella cheese as part of a caprese salad (darn it!!!) For some reason I thought that could count as if I put 1oz of milk in my coffee, DUH!!!

All in all i feel pretty good about my choices. I still had a blast even though I bypassed the Carb section, lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning fellow IPers! I had a wonderful weekend staying totally OP despite hosting a football party at my house full of chicken wings, chips, and pigs in the blanket. Wasn't even tempted! I have not yet shared photos of myself (I'm not sure why, just don't feel totally comfortable revealing my identity!), but I HAVE to share this one. The first picture in a Mets t-shirt is from April, 3 weeks before I started IP (and no, I'm not a Mets fan - can you make out the thumbs down??). The second is from last night - 13 weeks of phase 1 and 41.8 lbs down! If that's not motivation to continue, I don't know what is! Happy Monday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (24.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #22  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
When I did IP in the past, I told everyone who would listen about it, but this time I decided only to tell my immediate family and the people at my work (there are only 6 of us). The majority of my friends live all over Ontario (the joys of being a military spouse) and I only see them a couple times a year. The next time I will be seeing most of them is the beginning of December when my husband and I host an Ugly Christmas Sweater party. I am looking forward to everyone's reactions. I am hoping to be in ONEderland by then.
The only thing about telling people (outside of family and immediate friends) is the OMG! is that healthy - "U cant have carrots?!?! WHYY!!! You cant have FRUIT?!?! this is not health .. have you spoken to your doctor?!" SO! now i just say I'm on a "cleanse" as another lady in this forum has said she says .. People are annoying - its easier to tell them what your doing when you start shrinking - then they'll say "OO I wanna try can i get the info" or they'll say "I cant do that but u look good" .. again did i mention people are weird?!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #23  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Good morning fellow IPers! I had a wonderful weekend staying totally OP despite hosting a football party at my house full of chicken wings, chips, and pigs in the blanket. Wasn't even tempted! I have not yet shared photos of myself (I'm not sure why, just don't feel totally comfortable revealing my identity!), but I HAVE to share this one. The first picture in a Mets t-shirt is from April, 3 weeks before I started IP (and no, I'm not a Mets fan - can you make out the thumbs down??). The second is from last night - 13 weeks of phase 1 and 41.8 lbs down! If that's not motivation to continue, I don't know what is! Happy Monday!
GIRL!! you look wonderful not only did u motivate yourself with this pic, you motivated me as well!!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

slownsteady and shrinking Susie - this topic of telling/not telling people fascinates me, but I have to say I feel very much the same way you do.

This time I DID NOT tell anyone except my daughter, who is the one who started with IP and inspired me. I, too, have been on diets so many many times that they all roll their eyes at me 'oh, there she goes again. Don't know why she does this because she never stays on it......'

Now you can see what I don't say anything. This is a very private journey for me (all except for the hundreds on here!) which means a great deal. I am doing everything I can to make myself healthier, happier, and more serene.

I take time to scrub my face, put on makeup, do my hair and dress nicely in whatever clothes currently fit me. I want the new and improved version of 59.0 to radiate the joy I find burning inside my soul these days.

So three weeks, 22 pounds, and I am still on track, no cheats, no wavering. Let's all JUST DO IT!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousdana View Post
I'm on day 4 as well! I'll be keeping an eye on you!
AWESOME AWESOME
WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER
Old 09-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #26  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Happy Monday, everyone!

This is going to be a challenging week for me due to too many off-site meetings and late work days. UGH.

The biggest challenge will be getting in all my water today. I am reluctant to drink a ton of water before I have to drive for 30-35 minutes (IgottapeeIgottapeeIgottapee!). Then I have a dental appt (I hope my breath doesn't kill anyone), followed by meetings (I have a mango drink to have for lunch), am really hoping I can head home a little early so I have time to cook dinner (making sure to make up all my veggies!) before I have to head out to my bunco night. I'm not worried about the bowls of candy that will be on every table -- I can resist that. And I can probably get in some more water there, although it's also about a 30 minute drive home! I'll probably end up drinking water from 9-10 tonight and then will be up every hour!

Tomorrow I should be able to get by with a late lunch and get in most of my water in the afternoon since meetings are in the morning.

Weds. I have to drive an hour to another location but I have to make sure to time it so I am at the second location (90 min from the first) by 4:00. At least I'll have all evening to play catch up! Then Thursday will be okay until 5:00 when I have to attend a work event where dinner will be served. I know the admin person who is ordering the food so I'll find out ahead of time if there will be anything I can eat. There's a "social hour" afterward at a local bar/restaurant that our director thinks we should attend, but I think I'm going to risk his wrath by skipping it. That way I can go home and cook dinner if need be. Friday shouldn't be too bad as I don't have to be off-site until 3:00 so I should be able to get all my water in and it won't conflict with any meals.

Sorry -- I'm rambling! But now that I've listed it all out, I have a better mental picture of what I need to do.

Okay, time to go get in the shower so I can get on this rollercoaster!

Have a great day, everyone!
I live in a rural area where driving long distances is a challenge (either not too many pit stops on the way or not too many desirable pit stops) ...

Have sometimes thought about getting a shewee.

Has anyone every tried one?

Annik
Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
before I have to head out to my bunco night. I'm not worried about the bowls of candy that will be on every table -- I can resist that.
good for you being able to resist bunco food! lol
Our bunco group is starting up again (we took the summer off this year) this month and i really dont think i am ready yet - not so much the candy on the tables but the food fest after... I may wait a month or two before going
Have fun!!

Last edited by saskgirl; 09-09-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #28  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Now you can see what I don't say anything. This is a very private journey for me (all except for the hundreds on here!) which means a great deal. I am doing everything I can to make myself healthier, happier, and more serene.

I take time to scrub my face, put on makeup, do my hair and dress nicely in whatever clothes currently fit me. I want the new and improved version of 59.0 to radiate the joy I find burning inside my soul these days.

So three weeks, 22 pounds, and I am still on track, no cheats, no wavering. Let's all JUST DO IT!
Your words resonate with me. I turn 50 on Friday and I haven't felt this good in years! I'm taking the time to take care of ME, me & Me.

Heed my words, all you young pups out there, and make yourself a priority! I know its difficult, but if you don't take care of yourself, who will?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #29  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all! Another busy morning today and I off I go. Nothing else to report.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #30  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

I had to go shopping over the weekend because I have no jeans that fit!! Very excited to buy pants two sizes down from a few months ago I also sold my larger clothes to Clothes Mentor so that way I cannot go backwards!

Last edited by tbc85; 09-09-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Closed Thread