Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #46  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
One of the things I really want to try next time I go to Starbucks is A Doppio - basically, ask for two shots of espresso in a 16oz cup with plenty of ice, remove the lid and pour in a pre-made vanilla drink (the full box) and you have a tasty coffee drink that is IP friendly! Of course, don't forget that the drink counts as one of your daily IP foods. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
Ooooo... I've had a craving for a Mocha and that would work perfectly! Going to have to get some Vanilla Drink packs from my coach this coming WI. I'll just add a bit of the WF Chocolate Sauce to the coffee and vanilla drink mix! Yum!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #47  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

vachinyc definitely give it a whirl if you're a coffee drinker. I typically need a boost in the AM and it's a ritual as well. Only, I make my coffee at home to save $ so, I haven't yet treated myself. But, it's on the list.

I know what you mean about all of the vitamins. I was so nervous coming into this program knowing about all that we would have to take. I have a sensitive stomach and wasn't sure what to do. I typically eat first and then do a quick swallow and I've been fine (knock on wood). After reading a ton of various posts, I want to start taking Biotin and Vitamin B12, as well. I've never taken this many vitamins in my life. I'm also considering that once I'm done with the Ideal vitamins, I may just take myself to the vitamin shoppe or a local health food store and purchase their brand. Ideals' vitamins are pretty expensive.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #48  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

@thecircleguru, YUM, now that sounds like a decadent IP friendly warm drink. I like the sounds of it, I'm going to try it. Thanks for the idea!

Instead of 1 oz of skim milk, I use 1 oz of the pre-made vanilla drink and do that throughout the week in addition to the herb & cheese omelette, which by the way, is surprisingly really good.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #49  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvw View Post
Starting back today on a IP type of eating. Have been off for 18 months and the weight seems to creep back on. Need to get the 5#s off! Staying OP so far today. It aint easy!
18 months off and only a 5# gain? That's very encouraging to hear! And good for you for taking it off before more adds on!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

When I started IP in early July, my coach suggested a goal weight of 143. She said 145 would be a great weight for me and if we get down to 143, we can stabilize at 145.

My morning weight today was 144. It would probably be a few pounds higher on her scale, but I'm definitely getting close. While it was great to see that number, there has been a devil on my shoulder all day telling me I'm close enough. I have been so tempted to go OP today. I stayed strong. But it's been hard.

The thing is, there is still plenty of fat clinging to my mid-section. I really think I could get another 10 pounds off and there would still be some left. On the other hand, it's fruit season. And my canteloupe is almost ripe. I am so tempted to start phasing off so I can eat some of the foods I've missed!

Planning to stay OP this week. I'll make my decision on a different day when the devil on my shoulder isn't quite so loud.

Last edited by 2much2do; 09-07-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 245/204/145

Height: 5'4''

Does anyone have current Nashua Nutrition discount codes or know where I can find good ones?

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much2do View Post
When I started IP in early July, my coach suggested a goal weight of 143. She said 145 would be a great weight for me and if we get down to 143, we can stabilize at 145.

My morning weight today was 144. It would probably be a few pounds higher on her scale, but I'm definitely getting close. While it was great to see that number, there has been a devil on my shoulder all day telling me I'm close enough. I have been so tempted to go OP today. I stayed strong. But it's been hard.

The thing is, there is still plenty of fat clinging to my mid-section. I really think I could get another 10 pounds off and there would still be some left. On the other hand, it's fruit season. And my canteloupe is almost ripe. I am so tempted to start phasing off so I can eat some of the foods I've missed!

Planning to stay OP this week. I'll make my decision on a different day when the devil on my shoulder isn't quite so loud.

Why not phase off, stabilize and go back on after January 1st and take off the last 10 pounds. Phasing off as to not get diet fatigue seems to work for lots of people. Good luck and congrats on being so close.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #53  

Got invited to a BBQ from the parents of a new classmate of my little guys. I asked if I can bring anything and they said no, it'll just be chicken and salad - you know the usual BBQ stuff....hmmm what to do what to do. Don't really know these people, I asked twice if I could bring something and they said not to worry....don't really feel right showing up with my own food.

So I show up and there is:

BBQ'd chicken with some kind of seasoning from Costco. (I quickly checked my fitness pal and found that it's pepper & garlic bone in chicken at 6g of net carbs, two kinds of potatoes (one as salad and one boiled) and corn on the cob.

UGH...how to be polite...I had the chicken and removed the skin with the garlic & pepper topping and had a half a piece of corn of which I only ate half...

Everyone kept looking at me like I was crazy because I didn't really eat anything. I don't really know these people well and don't want to make them feel like they didn't provide for my dietary restrictions, nor do I really want to discuss the 'weird' diet I'm on.

AWKWARD.

They probably think I'm one of those weird people who won't eat in front of other people cause I'm too fat lol.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 228.8/170/140

Height: 5'3"

Next time, go with your instinct. Most people don't take offense if you bring something to share. I usually bring a veggie platter or some other veggie based dessert. Rubarb or mock apples. People don't want you to feel obligated, but welcome any contributions. I've noticed people are a lot less judgemental than we think. A
Old 09-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #55  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Went to the crab boil and it was a success! I brought some sliced red and yellow peppers and sliced cucumbers and chopped Vidalia onion in a vinegar/splenda mix. Good thing, too, because the only veggies were corn on the cob, potatoes and cole slaw! I will definitely take veggies to share anytime I am invited for a meal. It saved me! 100% OP!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #56  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much2do View Post

Oh, you are so close! I say stick with it and you'll be glad you did. Canteloupe will probably still be in season when you finish. And if not - there's always next year! But this is YOUR TIME to accomplish your goal. Don't get side tracked!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #57  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
One of the things I really want to try next time I go to Starbucks is A Doppio - basically, ask for two shots of espresso in a 16oz cup with plenty of ice, remove the lid and pour in a pre-made vanilla drink (the full box) and you have a tasty coffee drink that is IP friendly! Of course, don't forget that the drink counts as one of your daily IP foods. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
I had this EXACT drink last week. It's soooo satisfying The barista kinda looked at me weird when I asked for a venti cup for my Doppio lol

On a side note, my clinic also provides the daily videos. I haven't watch the majority of them yet because I tend to be busy and forget to reread my already opened emails. But it's on my to do list.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
@kkids and @thecircleguru it IS very interesting and super motivating. basically, they go through all of the various phases and makes you better understand what each Phase is all about. I'm on day 18 so thank goodness I have a lot more videos to go. If only there was a way to share them but, they make it extremely secure so I'm afraid there isn't.

It is. This has been a staple for me. I also add wf caramel syrup. Delish. Also good warmed. I get a funny look when I ask for those 2 tiny shots in a venti cup!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

I've never tried the RTD shakes. If I open it to use a splash in coffee will the carton last a week, I mean not spoil by the end of the week?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #60  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

I agree about the omelet, I have it everyday for lunch with walden farms maple syrup I make it in the morning and take it to work and reheat..
Quote:
@thecircleguru, YUM, now that sounds like a decadent IP friendly warm drink. I like the sounds of it, I'm going to try it. Thanks for the idea!

Instead of 1 oz of skim milk, I use 1 oz of the pre-made vanilla drink and do that throughout the week in addition to the herb & cheese omelette, which by the way, is surprisingly really good.
Closed Thread