Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I just discovered Ideal Protein reading info here on the 3fatchicks site. I just located a clinic nearby, and am trying to decide whether to do this. You guys are so inspiring - clearly this works! So - can anyone tell me about how much it costs to do this program? I expect a sign up fee and cost of food... What is the ballpark cost per week or month?
Do it!!! Its such an awesome program! I was super skeptical about starting and thought it was just another $$$ gimmick but Im super impressed! The cost seems to vary between states, I live in Alaska and I pay about $100/week for food, I buy a few boxes a week for some variety, plus the cost of veggies which are very expensive up here compared to the lower 48. However I still feel like its been worth it!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #32  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Annik and Slownsteady!

KareVT, Kelliemomo3... Re: detox pills. I admittedly don't know a lot but my clinic told me that IP does them at about week 4 or so. To help all your organs detox. Looks like a lot of vitamins. She said they help with plateaus and just keep cleaning you out. No change in food intake. Right now, when I do what they tell me, it works. So Ian sticking with that theory for now.

Anyone else here who has been on IP a while have detox pill thoughts?
Old 09-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #33  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I definitely feel IP is worth it, but my coaching was not great. I was given poor support, and I needed more food variety. I have food ADHD! With the cost per box, and my clinic would not break up boxes, I simply couldn't afford to buy something I may end up not liking. I knew I could not stay OP if I hated the food. Also, they were ALWAYS out of everything I liked and there are several items I did not like at all! If coaching had been better, or had even existed, it may have made a difference in my choice to switch to alts.

It is a personal decision and certainly one to be made only after researching the many alternative threads and really having an understanding of IP. It can be done, and my losses to date havd averaged over 3 lbs per week. The most important thing is to do what works for you in order to stay 100% OP, with no cheating at all.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
Hi All! - yesterday was my first TOM while being on IP. Um, do I need more salt or water during this time, because I was fatigued to the point of not being confident in my driving skills. Is that weird or typical?
congrats on your weight loss so far. I too am new to IP. How are the food cravings and mood level during TOM or what my husband calls "shark week".
Old 09-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #35  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

@vachinyc that's so curious about "detox pills" i'll have to inquire with my coach who thankfully is amazing. my clinic is fantastic, it's led by a doctor in vermont who owns two locations. all of the coaches have either been OP or are on OP. it takes a little while to find the one you click with most but they are all very knowledgeable. they should be your cheerleaders as well. it's a bummer to hear that not all clinics are alike but, they're individually owned, right? So, that makes sense that they are not all equal.

My clinic offers a mandatory 1hr 45min workshop which everyone must do prior to joining. They don't force you to join but, the doctor goes over the program in full detail and shows a clip about the scientific stuff that's happening inside the body during each phase. THEN, I had to go online and make an appointment for my first consultation, that's when I had an hour meeting with a coach who explained the plan even further (on an individual basis) and went through all of the food items. The first week, they made the bag for me and I was able to return anything that was unappetizing (which I did). The program cost was $372.42 and includes: One-Time life long membership fee, 90 days of daily video education, 10 day supply of IP packets, 30 day supply of Calcium Mag, 100 day supply of Potassium Calcium, 30 day supply of Multi-Vitamins, Omega 3's, Ideal Protein Shaker and Ideal Protein sea salt. After the initial products are depleted, costs average $16/day and it's worth every hard earned penny!!

Hope this helps. Would be curious to hear how other centers vary. The daily videos are an incredible resource. I hope you opt to go for it - it's amazing how easy it is BUT, you really need to commit to the program and sticking it out and you'll reap the rewards.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #36  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

Beginning Week #6 as of yesterday... feeling good. Just came back from visiting my Mom in Ontario and managed to stay OP for 95% of my visit. It's so hard eating out for almost every meal and getting some kind of variety and manage to stay OP but I took every hour as it came and survived!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

This may sound weird, but when I stay OP, I feel like I could stay on P1 forever, or at least for a really long time..... I may keep at it longer than I need to. Or just stay in P2 for longer, once I get there. Any thoughts?
Old 09-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Lisa (and others you responded to me last week) I wanted to thank you for telling me to get my thyroid tested. I was not loosing weight but I was 100% OP. While my thyroid is fine the doctor did find an underlining issue that has since been corrected. I may have not gone to the doctor if you guys had not mentioned it. So thanks!!!!

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!!!
This is why any medical concerns should be taken to a medical professional. I've seen too many people ask advise here & I'm always concerned they're risking health.
I'm glad you caught your issue & could correct it!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
One-Time life long membership fee, 90 days of daily video education
What is the daily video education?
Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #40  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkids View Post
What is the daily video education?
@kkids - the daily video education is absolutely amazing. every morning at around 5:00am, my center drops their members a video. when i wake up and have my morning coffee, I go to my inbox and there's an email from my center. It's a daily clip, the first day was a welcome video and provided information on the various side-effects that I could potentially feel; they explain that it's because your body is detoxing. Another video was on ketosis and what it means to be in ketosis. Or, one was about bad breath and how when people hit ketosis, bad breath is very common and then they provide IP friendly ways to manage it. This morning, it was on the big C - and how certain levels of Magnesium/Calcium could make one constipated and here's what you can take in order to remedy that...

Additionally, there is a Chef, Chef Verati who has partnered with Ideal Protein. He's this magnificent French Canadian Chef and he offers a video within the same email on how to be creative with your IP food, i.e., pancake friendly Phase 1 recipe, soup recipes, advice on pots and pans, salads, etc..

Then underneath that clip there is a forum for members to provide feedback and ask questions. It's terrific!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #41  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
@kkids - the daily video education is absolutely amazing. every morning at around 5:00am, my center drops their members a video. when i wake up and have my morning coffee, I go to my inbox and there's an email from my center. It's a daily clip, the first day was a welcome video and provided information on the various side-effects that I could potentially feel; they explain that it's because your body is detoxing. Another video was on ketosis and what it means to be in ketosis. Or, one was about bad breath and how when people hit ketosis, bad breath is very common and then they provide IP friendly ways to manage it. This morning, it was on the big C - and how certain levels of Magnesium/Calcium could make one constipated and here's what you can take in order to remedy that...

Additionally, there is a Chef, Chef Verati who has partnered with Ideal Protein. He's this magnificent French Canadian Chef and he offers a video within the same email on how to be creative with your IP food, i.e., pancake friendly Phase 1 recipe, soup recipes, advice on pots and pans, salads, etc..

Then underneath that clip there is a forum for members to provide feedback and ask questions. It's terrific!
That's AMAZING!!! I wish every clinic did that! We could all learn SO much!!!

Last edited by thecircleguru; 09-07-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

@KareVT That would be awesome if all clinics provided the videos. So many questions could be answered more easily and quickly.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #43  
Taking it day by day!

@kkids and @thecircleguru it IS very interesting and super motivating. basically, they go through all of the various phases and makes you better understand what each Phase is all about. I'm on day 18 so thank goodness I have a lot more videos to go. If only there was a way to share them but, they make it extremely secure so I'm afraid there isn't.

One of the things I really want to try next time I go to Starbucks is A Doppio - basically, ask for two shots of espresso in a 16oz cup with plenty of ice, remove the lid and pour in a pre-made vanilla drink (the full box) and you have a tasty coffee drink that is IP friendly! Of course, don't forget that the drink counts as one of your daily IP foods. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

All of the clinics have the option of offering the daily education videos. It does cost $ for the clinic to subscribe their clients (it's a per client fee). Most clinics who offer it will add it into their "start up cost" or some charge a monthly fee to cover the cost of the videos. They are an amazing tool. Lots of great info.

Last edited by Pamelama; 09-07-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #45  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Quote:
One of the things I really want to try next time I go to Starbucks is A Doppio - basically, ask for two shots of espresso in a 16oz cup with plenty of ice, remove the lid and pour in a pre-made vanilla drink (the full box) and you have a tasty coffee drink that is IP friendly! Of course, don't forget that the drink counts as one of your daily IP foods. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
That sounds awesome KareVT.

I like my clinic -they cheerlead, talk about strategies, and we also had the one hour pre-meeting to talk about the science. I didn't really ask a lot of questions about the detox pills. I'm happy right now to do what they tell me I asked if it would conflict with any meds, they said no. And no changes to food. Looks like a lot of vitamin/supplements to me. C, E, Biotin, Zinc, selenium and tons more.

We shall see. Not super excited to take more pills though.
Closed Thread