3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat. Sat 9/7 - Sun 9/8/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I'm going to a 'crab feed' tonight. Fresh, steamed crab legs, potatoes, corn on the cob steamed in a pot, asparagus side, salad. I am prepared to have just the crab and asparagus and salad, but I want to bring something to share with all. Ideas what might go good with this, yet be IP appropriate?
I would bring along some extra veggies and a packet or two.
__________________
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
Member
 
kkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 99

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I'm going to a 'crab feed' tonight. Fresh, steamed crab legs, potatoes, corn on the cob steamed in a pot, asparagus side, salad. I am prepared to have just the crab and asparagus and salad, but I want to bring something to share with all. Ideas what might go good with this, yet be IP appropriate?
I would think any type of veggie tray would be great. You could add a couple of dips for the veggies - 1 IP friendly & 1 non IP friendly. I would have a hard time staying OP at a crab boil (what we call it here). We always have crab legs, shrimp & sometimes crawfish in the steamed pot with the veggies.
__________________
kkids is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
KareVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VT
Posts: 267

S/C/G: 188/163/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
My clinic is firm on the 8 oz of protein.

Weigh in went great - which is a fun way to start the weekend. Actual fat loss -they have the scale thing that measures - was 7.3 pounds this week! Wow. This IP lifestyle is amazing. Especially since all this progress is happening and I generally don't feel deprived/hungry.

They are having me add the detox pills starting this coming week. I didn't really know there was a 'detox' more than the food changes on IP but I'm game to try it.

W1: -2.4
W2: -4.4
W3: -6.2 (this is about 3.5 weeks on plan)
Total: -13
@vachinyc i wanted to say congrats on the loss and such a great week; sounds like you are totally committed and it's great to read as it's really inspiring. one question, what are detox pills and what are they intended to do?

@Lisa I never said THANKS for starting these threads on a daily basis and wanted to give a special shout out to you, "YEAY LISA; THANK YOU!" I'm pretty green to this forum and I just gotta say, you make it really easy to participate and it's super motivating

@slownsteady, hmmm, what should you bring to the 'crab feed' tonight, that's a great question. i'm not a fan of crustaceans however, if it's fresh and presented nicely than I could be tempted. i could see how folks can love it, it's pretty. hopefully you can enjoy on the beach! as for ideas of what to bring, are you leaning towards a veggie dish? maybe you can bring a yellow and green zucchini type dish with olive oil and sprinkled with herbs de provence (is that boring?) - i'm just trying to think of something colorful. i'm sure others will be more creative. i'm still learning to work within IP but wanted to try to help, LOL. enjoy!
KareVT is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
Member
 
kkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 99

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Default

This weekend I have to "assist" my 16 yo son make sure his paperwork for his Eagle project is completed. He has his Scoutmaster conference Monday afternoon & he & DH will be taking the paperwork to the council office on Wednesday. This has truly been tougher than my staying OP with IP! While he wants the rank of Eagle Scout, he like most other teenage boys could care less about completing the paperwork!
__________________
kkids is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
oneuh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wash DC metro area
Posts: 360

S/C/G: IP 7/9/2014 240.0/210.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Question Newbie question

I just discovered Ideal Protein reading info here on the 3fatchicks site. I just located a clinic nearby, and am trying to decide whether to do this. You guys are so inspiring - clearly this works! So - can anyone tell me about how much it costs to do this program? I expect a sign up fee and cost of food... What is the ballpark cost per week or month?
oneuh2 is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
Member
 
kkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 99

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I just discovered Ideal Protein reading info here on the 3fatchicks site. I just located a clinic nearby, and am trying to decide whether to do this. You guys are so inspiring - clearly this works! So - can anyone tell me about how much it costs to do this program? I expect a sign up fee and cost of food... What is the ballpark cost per week or month?
The start up fee seems to vary between clinics. Mine was $299 & that included all my visits, food for 1 week (plus some extra), vitamins for a month (potassium is for 2 months), a shaker & the important journal. Each week I purchase 21 IP packs & that is just around $90 which includes my sales tax. I add one vitamin purchase each week so I don't have a huge cost the week I need to re-stock those.
The IP packs are $4. The pre-made shakes are $5; I just get the mix & shake up my own.
__________________
kkids is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 837

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I just discovered Ideal Protein reading info here on the 3fatchicks site. I just located a clinic nearby, and am trying to decide whether to do this. You guys are so inspiring - clearly this works! So - can anyone tell me about how much it costs to do this program? I expect a sign up fee and cost of food... What is the ballpark cost per week or month?
Good for you! You will not be disappointed. I spent approx $90 per week on IP food. The initial visit was a little over $300, which included a week's worth of food, my supplements, and the lean mass calculation, measurements, weigh in, and consultation.

I switched to alternative products at around the 8 week point. I was able to get more food options at way less than half the cost of IP. I felt confident in switching after getting my IP feet under me, so to speak. I purchase all my supplements from Swanson Health Products. They have great prices and fast shipping. Check out the Alternative threads for a lot of good info. For me, the cost of IP was just too much to sustain.

Glad you found this sight. Good luck and keep us posted.
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #23
IP Start Date 8.15.13
 
clbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 158

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Default

Hi All! - yesterday was my first TOM while being on IP. Um, do I need more salt or water during this time, because I was fatigued to the point of not being confident in my driving skills. Is that weird or typical?
__________________

Goals:
261 - Lowest Adult Weight
246 - 100 lbs Lost
202 - No Longer Obese
169 - Normal Body Weight
clbott is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #24
IP Start Date 8.15.13
 
clbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 158

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Good for you! You will not be disappointed. I spent approx $90 per week on IP food. The initial visit was a little over $300, which included a week's worth of food, my supplements, and the lean mass calculation, measurements, weigh in, and consultation.

I switched to alternative products at around the 8 week point. I was able to get more food options at way less than half the cost of IP. I felt confident in switching after getting my IP feet under me, so to speak. I purchase all my supplements from Swanson Health Products. They have great prices and fast shipping. Check out the Alternative threads for a lot of good info. For me, the cost of IP was just too much to sustain.

Glad you found this sight. Good luck and keep us posted.
I have mixed feeling about this - my clinic only charges for food - not for anything else - my initial visit was $126. that included 3 choices of food, vitamins, shaker, weigh-in, body mass calculation, measurements, salt, and tote bag. After that I pay $27 per box of product plus can buy extra shakers etc if I want them.

But my "coaching" is almost non-existant, but I'm not paying for anything else. I am beginning to add alternatives as my clinic is far away. I can't figure out if I would be willing to pay more for some actual coaching or if I should be greatful for the low prices. LOL

If I had'nt found this site I probably would have quit by now!
__________________

Goals:
261 - Lowest Adult Weight
246 - 100 lbs Lost
202 - No Longer Obese
169 - Normal Body Weight
clbott is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #25
Member
 
Kellimomo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
My clinic is firm on the 8 oz of protein.

Weigh in went great - which is a fun way to start the weekend. Actual fat loss -they have the scale thing that measures - was 7.3 pounds this week! Wow. This IP lifestyle is amazing. Especially since all this progress is happening and I generally don't feel deprived/hungry.

They are having me add the detox pills starting this coming week. I didn't really know there was a 'detox' more than the food changes on IP but I'm game to try it.

W1: -2.4
W2: -4.4
W3: -6.2 (this is about 3.5 weeks on plan)
Total: -13
What are detox pills?! I have never heard of these?
__________________
Kellimomo3 is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 25

S/C/G: 253/189/150

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I'm going to a 'crab feed' tonight. Fresh, steamed crab legs, potatoes, corn on the cob steamed in a pot, asparagus side, salad. I am prepared to have just the crab and asparagus and salad, but I want to bring something to share with all. Ideas what might go good with this, yet be IP appropriate?
I like to bring a sweet and sour cucumber salad or a coleslaw with only cabbage to my pot lucks.
megjohnsonnj is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #27
Reboot 12/30/2013
 
Diana B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kent, Washington
Posts: 289

S/C/G: 241/229.4/165/

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
My coach told me it was fine to cut down to 6 oz when I was having issues eating a full 8 oz of some proteins at dinner. She told me the protein needs for a woman 5'2 is different than, for example, a man who is 6'5 (which would be my boss who lost 120 lbs on IP). She said as long as I'm between 6 & 8 oz I'm fine. She's been right on everything else, so I tend to believe her. I'm lucky - I have an outstanding coach!

She used the fancy scale last week that shows lean mass, etc., etc. (which I know aren't terribly accurate) and I forget what the exact number was but she said I was doing great.

I'm not advocating anyone cutting down on protein - this is just what works for me based on my coach's advice.
Hi Ruth Ann - I am in Washington State also, are you in Western or Eastern WA? Just curious about who your coach is....I was going to one in Kent, WA.
__________________
Diana B is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 149.5/145.4/138

Height: 5'3.5"

Default

Starting back today on a IP type of eating. Have been off for 18 months and the weight seems to creep back on. Need to get the 5#s off! Staying OP so far today. It aint easy!
__________________
kimvw is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
AlaskanRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 110

S/C/G: 149/147/125

Height: 5'0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
I have mixed feeling about this - my clinic only charges for food - not for anything else - my initial visit was $126. that included 3 choices of food, vitamins, shaker, weigh-in, body mass calculation, measurements, salt, and tote bag. After that I pay $27 per box of product plus can buy extra shakers etc if I want them.

But my "coaching" is almost non-existant, but I'm not paying for anything else. I am beginning to add alternatives as my clinic is far away. I can't figure out if I would be willing to pay more for some actual coaching or if I should be greatful for the low prices. LOL

If I had'nt found this site I probably would have quit by now!
This is the exact same for me! Well except my initial visit was $250, food is $29.00-36.00 a box, but yeah my coaching is non existant, my coach was cool for about 2 weeks but I just don't think she cares and I don't mean about me, I think her heart just isn't in this program. I just buy the food and go to my weigh in, she hasn't responded to my messages about weighing in for 2 weeks though. Ugh.
__________________
AlaskanRN is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
AlaskanRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 110

S/C/G: 149/147/125

Height: 5'0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvw View Post
Starting back today on a IP type of eating. Have been off for 18 months and the weight seems to creep back on. Need to get the 5#s off! Staying OP so far today. It aint easy!
Hurray you and I are sooooo close! You can do it!
__________________
AlaskanRN is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Weekend Chat Sat-Sun, April 6-7, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 109 04-07-2013 10:32 PM
IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, Feb 23-24, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 69 02-25-2013 06:53 AM
IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun Febrary 9-10, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 119 02-11-2013 12:42 AM
IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, Jan 12-13, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 132 01-13-2013 11:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2