Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Afternoon IPers --

Had a disappointing WI today. Nothing lost. After two rather meager weeks, I was hoping for something a bit more affirming. (I know, I know, I shouldn't make the scale so important, but . . .).

I feel like I am in a rut now. I no longer feel like my body is very challenged on this plan. I used to feel hungry or cravings, etc., but now it is all quite routine.

[B]I am thinking about flipping my lunch and dinner. Anyone foresee a problem doing that for a week just to distribute my calories and protein a bit differently and perhaps shake things :
Hello lovely.
I know exactly what your going through. I've had a rough couple weeks. Probably close to a month were I combated all different options...even phasing off. I mainly did some P 2 days to shake the body a little and to satisfy the mind as well. Idk what changed but I broke through the mental and physical battle and started losing again. I also feel ready again to finish. I'm glad I didn't phase off. I was so sad to be "dieting" for the first time through this journey. I think I may have been stalling my own body. Switch lunch and dinner if that helps. Add flavor to your water if it helps you drink more. Know you are not alone and whar your going through is normal. Hang in there, you'll make it pass this. Trust in yourself that you can. Hugs.

Last edited by Sonyasbug; 09-04-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #47  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

I am trying to think of good 'rewards' for myself as I reach my interim goals. I like the new lingerie idea - probably once I reach goal though! Anyone have other ideas? I'm thinking every 10 lbs. Just something little - cost-free or minimal.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Some one posted this blog and I loved the info in the stages of food grief.
http://whole9life.com/2012/01/the-fi...of-food-grief/
Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #49  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Good evening all. Had my WI yesterday and happy with my 2lb loss.
Tried the Cookie Dough swirl tonight, it was ok. but I prefer my wafers..lol

I work in IT at our local College and yesterday and today all the students were back for orientation. It's always wonderful to see the new faces and have the building almost hum again after the quiet of summer. It has been an exhausting two days but I will be heading home in a few minutes after a 12 hr shift, putting my pj's on and snuggle with my hubby and puppy.
All I can say, life is good.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

I have a cooking question...I want to make zucchini cakes, but the only way I've made them is sauting/frying in a small amount of oil. Has anyone made these a different way that might be more IP friendly? I try to do 100% OP & don't want to mess this up just because I want some zucchini cakes.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #51  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I baked some very thin boneless pork chops in theWF BBQ sauce this evening for dinner . My sweetie was impressed! He ate 4! ( he has the metabolism of a race house) he had some pasta and green beans. I had broc and cauliflower

I'm finding that I've been hungover the last couple of days. Trying to make sure I eat at least every 2-3 hours but don't wanna go over the 4 cups of veggies.

What are some of the lower carb iP options you all use for. These type of days?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I baked some very thin boneless pork chops in theWF BBQ sauce this evening for dinner . My sweetie was impressed! He ate 4! ( he has the metabolism of a race house) he had some pasta and green beans. I had broc and cauliflower

I'm finding that I've been hungover the last couple of days. Trying to make sure I eat at least every 2-3 hours but don't wanna go over the 4 cups of veggies.

What are some of the lower carb iP options you all use for. These type of days?
I eat my veggies for b, L, snack and put my dinner on a big bed of romaine lettuce.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #53  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
I'm going to have to refill most of my supplements next weigh in. When I signed up to IP, my coach gave me a starting package with everything in it. Included was Multi-Vitamin, Potassium Citrate, Cal-Mag, Omega, and Anti-Oxy.

My question is - what supplements are absolutely necessarily? I feel like I don't have to take the Anti-Oxy's and I'd rather save money than spend. I don't want to ask my coach in case she pushes me to buy, buy, buy.
I am a Pharmacist and on the weekend when I was slow at work I found equivalent supplements to the multivitamin and calmag. They are:

Jamieson Vitavim Super (red box) and 14.97 for 90. You only take one per day versus two of the ip multi.

Jamieson Calcium Magnesium with Zinc, I forget how much and how many tabs, but cheaper than ip anyway! This one you take two instead of four per day. This is what I'm using now.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
I am a Pharmacist and on the weekend when I was slow at work I found equivalent supplements to the multivitamin and calmag. They are:

Jamieson Vitavim Super (red box) and 14.97 for 90. You only take one per day versus two of the ip multi.

Jamieson Calcium Magnesium with Zinc, I forget how much and how many tabs, but cheaper than ip anyway! This one you take two instead of four per day. This is what I'm using now.
I have found those also and I spoke to my coach about it (she is understanding about the cost) and she said to look in to Jamieson vitamins because not all vitamins are created equal and that the quality/absorption rate isn't very good quality. She even went so far as to say if I did want to find an alternative I should go to a health food store to find a quality vitamin? I just kept using the IP vitamins.

...Now I'm not a pharmacist and know NOTHING about this stuff so please don't think I'm disputing you (or your 7 years of university!!) just passing along what my coach said to me!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #55  

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, rough day today. Busy at work, my son's first day of school, had to work late...<sigh>.

I didn't cave though, stayed 100% OP. I had IP raspberry jelly with a spoonful of WF marshmallow dip on it for my snack - that felt like a "cheat" and made me feel better

Here's to tomorrow being a better day.

Jo
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #56  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have found those also and I spoke to my coach about it (she is understanding about the cost) and she said to look in to Jamieson vitamins because not all vitamins are created equal and that the quality/absorption rate isn't very good quality. She even went so far as to say if I did want to find an alternative I should go to a health food store to find a quality vitamin? I just kept using the IP vitamins.

...Now I'm not a pharmacist and know NOTHING about this stuff so please don't think I'm disputing you (or your 7 years of university!!) just passing along what my coach said to me!
As far as my knowledge goes....Jamieson should not have any different absorption than any other brand. Just another way for them to push their overpriced vitamins to customers. Just my professional opinion. Don't get me wrong I love IP...just not the cost of their stuff!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #57  
sugar is the devil

Thanks for the tips

I think I'll stick with the IP Multi, Cal-Man, and Potassium for now. Until I have time to do the research. But I'll stop taking the Anti-Oxy's and find a suitable Omega (I have some liquid fish oil/flavoured stuff in my fridge I need to use up anyways)
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
As far as my knowledge goes....Jamieson should not have any different absorption than any other brand. Just another way for them to push their overpriced vitamins to customers. Just my professional opinion. Don't get me wrong I love IP...just not the cost of their stuff!
Good to know!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I am trying to think of good 'rewards' for myself as I reach my interim goals. I like the new lingerie idea - probably once I reach goal though! Anyone have other ideas? I'm thinking every 10 lbs. Just something little - cost-free or minimal.
I have started getting my nails done - and every second fill a pedicure
my fills are 20 every 3-4 weeks and pedicure is 30 every second month
used to spend more than that on mcdonalds in a month
Old 09-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #60  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkids View Post
I have a cooking question...I want to make zucchini cakes, but the only way I've made them is sauting/frying in a small amount of oil. Has anyone made these a different way that might be more IP friendly? I try to do 100% OP & don't want to mess this up just because I want some zucchini cakes.
Are you thinking like a fritter? I mix 1 cup shredded zucchini (dried in a towel) with pancake mix, 2 egg whites, 1/2 teas. of salt, pepper, baking powder, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a lttle dried onion. Spoon into skillet sprayed with cooking spray. I get about 7 dollar sized pancakes. YUMMY!
Closed Thread